2022-2023 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got WL😞, interviewed on 4/3. Good luck for everyone else.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the R today, wishing everyone else success! On to my reapplication :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know of UCI has substantial WL movement?
I don't believe they tend to have much. Their Waitlist Protocol section states they admit around 10% of the waitlist. I'm not sure how that movement looks for IS vs OOS WL though

Withdrew my A :(! Wish everyone who is still waiting the best!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also someone I know received merit scholarship yesterday. They were told to accept and CTE within the week and if they don’t they lose the scholarship, so I’m sure if ppl haven’t heard back yet there is still a chance. Good luck all

• Care
I don’t think it is today. It is only for special programs and scholarship recipients. The PTE deadline was yesterday. CTE is much later (looked online and couldn’t find it so I assume sometime in June or July).
thanks! That's what I thought too... also, the PTE deadline was pushed to tonight, since April 30th landed on a sunday this year.

at this point, is it more likely that waitlist movement hasn't happened yet or that it already has/all spots are filled?

at this point, is it more likely that waitlist movement hasn't happened yet or that it already has/all spots are filled?
I'm not too sure but the admitted students group has people entering so maybe WL movement has begun or maybe they held off on joining the group earlier

Has anyone gotten accepted off of the waitlist yet? Does anyone have any updates? I have no idea if I should lose hope :')

Facebook group had 13 people join in the last week… sounds like wl movement is done ah

Facebook group had 13 people join in the last week… sounds like wl movement is done ah
To be fair the Facebook group isn't as large as they are last year. Idk how telling that is but isn't UCI pretty late when it comes to waitlists? Esp cuz people got accepted the last week of April and could just be joining the group....or is that just false hope?

To be fair the Facebook group isn't as large as they are last year. Idk how telling that is but isn't UCI pretty late when it comes to waitlists? Esp cuz people got accepted the last week of April and could just be joining the group....or is that just false hope?
I joined recently but got accepted at the end of April

I joined recently but got accepted at the end of April
Thank you for the confirmation 😭 I hope that's a good sign that either wl movement hasn't started or if it has, that it hasn't finished

• Care
day 2469 of wondering if there has been any waitlist movement :cryi:

day 2469 of wondering if there has been any waitlist movement :cryi:
called them monday asking and they said they couldn't divulge any info, but the admissions team was still evaluating applicants

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
called them monday asking and they said they couldn't divulge any info, but the admissions team was still evaluating applicants
Thanks for the update! Hopefully they let us know something soon!

Anyone have any update on waitlist movement?
It does not seem like anyone has gotten off of it. I know their class size increased by like 10 seats so I would expect more movement

Anyone have any update on waitlist movement?
It does not seem like anyone has gotten off of it. I know their class size increased by like 10 seats so I would expect more movement
+1

Got the email today!! ORM LM 71 in state :’))
Super excited

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got the email today!! ORM LM 71 in state :’))
Super excited
Huge congrats!! want to be just like you one day :,) just to confirm, you got an email in addition to the call? I am out of the country for a bit and was nervous that I would miss a call if it actually happened (goes to show my never ending faith in this crazy process hahah)

yes i got both! I am also out the country, i missed their call but they called me back 5 times. I actually didnt pick those calls up since my sim card isnt working, but i left a voicemail and everything seems to be fine.

Has anyone received rejections or know if they're still accepting off the wait list??

for those waiting on the waitlist, someone got off the waitlist recently so might want to move on if you haven't done so :///

Just got accepted off the waitlist today!

Reactions: 2 users