2022-2023 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received about an hour ago! Complete end of August

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Got II like an hour ago!!! Really thought I was done for this cycle but feels good :') LM 71.1; complete August

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II (post secondary) R received a few minutes ago, complete July

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R. The email was so rude. I'm low key offended :/

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R just now. Complete early August.

Same got a pre-II
giphy.gif

R. Also submitted in August . Good luck everyone else!

What other dates were available?

What did the email say? Can you copy and paste it? 👀
Thank you for applying to the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine. Regrettably we are not offering you a position in our medical school.

This year, we received over 7,000 applications for 114 first-year positions. You are a competitive applicant; however, you were not selected for a position by the Admissions Committee. This was a very difficult decision.

We sincerely hope you achieve your career goals and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions
UC Irvine School of Medicine

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Looking at previous year threads, the final interview dates were:
2020-21: 4/6 and 4/12
2021-22: 4/4 and 4/11

This year so far UCI has sent out interviews for at least 4/3. So I'm guessing just one interview day left? :cryi:

II around 5 hours ago! Complete 8/21. The only date available was 4/3.

Reactions: 1 users
R today. Never got a secondary not sure why lol since I have no red flags.

Pre II R. So much for having that IS advantage lol. LM 78.8, also, my brother is a med student here…. :/

• Sad
  • Angry
Pre II R. So much for having that IS advantage lol. LM 78.8, also, my brother is a med student here…. :/
Damn that’s foul. Yeah I live like 20 min from campus and did my postbacc classes there with 3 of my LOR from them, and didn’t even get a secondary :/

• Wow
  • Sad
Thank you for applying to the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine. Regrettably we are not offering you a position in our medical school.

This year, we received over 7,000 applications for 114 first-year positions. You are a competitive applicant; however, you were not selected for a position by the Admissions Committee. This was a very difficult decision.

We sincerely hope you achieve your career goals and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions
Mine was a little better I think. Presecondary R

Thank you for applying to the University of California Irvine, School of Medicine. Regrettably we are unable to offer you a position in our first year medical school class. The Admissions Committee evaluated your application along with those from over 7,000 other applicants. We had many qualified applicants but only 114 positions, therefore some very difficult decisions had to be made.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

Pre-II R yesterday as well. OOS, LM 74.1. Complete late August

Just got the call! Interviewed back in December. Heads up, the call came in as No Caller ID so I almost hung up.

• Care
Looking at previous year threads, the final interview dates were:
2020-21: 4/6 and 4/12
2021-22: 4/4 and 4/11

This year so far UCI has sent out interviews for at least 4/3. So I'm guessing just one interview day left? :cryi:
Does anyone know if these late interviews are basically for waitlist spots only? :/

Does anyone know if these late interviews are basically for waitlist spots only? :/
i don't think so, i know a med student there who interviewed around march/april, and got in regularly. uci has also been sending out post-II R's and waitlists, so i am p sure theyre still looking to fill their class

i don't think so, i know a med student there who interviewed around march/april, and got in regularly. uci has also been sending out post-II R's and waitlists, so i am p sure theyre still looking to fill their class
Oh yay thank you :')

I received a call this morning! I got accepted
Wishing you the best of luck to you all

Hi Hi! Preparing for interview tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knows if the 1:1 are closed or open file?

Hi Hi! Preparing for interview tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knows if the 1:1 are closed or open file?

Open

They just cant see your gpa and mcat (according to my interviewers) but they have your primary and secondary

• Care
Hi Everyone, for those who have been accepted did you write an LOI while waiting for the news? How long was the wait typically between your interview and finding out news?

Hi Everyone, for those who have been accepted did you write an LOI while waiting for the news? How long was the wait typically between your interview and finding out news?
Hi! I did not write an LOI - I interviewed in early October and got the A in mid-late November.

I didn’t write LOI but I did submit some updates. I interviewed in December and got accepter in February about 2 months after my interview date.

Anyone else receive a email from Lead-ABC? They said I wasn’t picked for an interview for that program so I was placed in the normal applicant pool

Anyone else receive a email from Lead-ABC? They said I wasn’t picked for an interview for that program so I was placed in the normal applicant pool
Nvm. Just my R this morning. Good luck all

• Care
Does anyone know long it can take for LEAD-ABC to give out a decision? I interviewed 10/17 and got accepted regular MD right before Thanksgiving, but haven't heard anything from LEAD.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know long it can take for LEAD-ABC to give out a decision? I interviewed 10/17 and got accepted regular MD right before Thanksgiving, but haven't heard anything from LEAD.
+1

Reactions: 1 users
Hi does anyone know if its possible to contact admissions and ask if there are earlier interview dates available? If so, would it be better to call or email?

Does anyone know if acceptances/waitlist/rejections usually come out on a certain day of the week?

Hi all, I was hoping you could provide some reassurance/clarify something for me:

Adcoms would check our pre-reqs before extending an interview invitation/acceptance, right?

I graduated in 2019 and applied this 2022-2023 cycle. Last science classes taken in Spring 2019. I noted this line on UCI's MSAR page:

"Oldest date prerequisite coursework can be completed
While prerequisite coursework does not "expire", applicants that have been out of a classroom setting for >3 years are advised to take classes in the the biological sciences."

Just wanted to confirm that my pre-reqs are all good as I don't see a green check mark next to "transcripts" on the portal status page, although I received confirmation that UCI downloaded my transcript already.

Thanks in advance!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure adcoms only extend interview invites to people who are already qualified for their school on paper. So they must've thought your transcript/MCAT/essays etc were sufficient if you got an interview.