2022-2023 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure adcoms only extend interview invites to people who are already qualified for their school on paper. So they must've thought your transcript/MCAT/essays etc were sufficient if you got an interview.
I interviewed for UCI and I don't have one of the upper level bio classes.. would have to take it before matriculation

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know long it can take for LEAD-ABC to give out a decision? I interviewed 10/17 and got accepted regular MD right before Thanksgiving, but haven't heard anything from LEAD.
I have the same question for PRIME-LC :(

Members don't see this ad :)
for those who submitted updates/LOI, did you manage to fit everything you wanted to say into a single 500 char message? my LOI is much longer than that so im thinking of submitting it by breaking it up into separate 500 char chunks. not sure if that's something adcoms would look favorably upon though.

I have an interview coming up April 3. Does anyone know if their class is full yet? Am I just interviewing for a waitlist position? I think it’s one of the last interview dates. I really want to get in here though!

Reactions: 1 users
I was waitlisted after a January interview. But I saw someone got accepted from my interview date. Their decision came quicker than my waitlist email. So, I'm sure there are still seats available and you will likely know faster if it is an acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
I heard from an adcom that "the cycle is over". I take it that means no more applications are being reviewed? and no more II's being sent out?

I heard from an adcom that "the cycle is over". I take it that means no more applications are being reviewed? and no more II's being sent out?
yeah, to me that would mean they are not sending out interview invites.

• Sad
I was waitlisted after a January interview. But I saw someone got accepted from my interview date. Their decision came quicker than my waitlist email. So, I'm sure there are still seats available and you will likely know faster if it is an acceptance.
If you don't mind me asking, when was your interview? I interviewed late January and still haven't heard back

Members don't see this ad :)
i know there’s not much concrete detail y’all can give for this, but is there any advice for the video assessment that anyone who interviewed can give? idk why i’m stressing about this but i have no clue what to expect or how to prepare 😅

Got an interview invite last night. Complete in like September so really surprised.

this week would be a nice week to get an acceptance…….pls…..like a little treat. maybe today even

• Love
this week would be a nice week to get an acceptance…….pls…..like a little treat. maybe today even
the complaining gods heard me. A RIGHT NOW JUST GOT THE CALL AHHHHH. IM. SO. HAPPY.

for everyone who’s gona ask:
gpa: 3.8ish
mcat: 515-520 range
interviewed: late jan
regular MD

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II just now! So unexpected but really excited and hoping everything works out :)

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
has anyone heard for any scholarships? or does anyone know when they may come out? :)

has anyone heard for any scholarships? or does anyone know when they may come out? :)
they emailed me saying first week of april for aid. idk if that includes scholarships. were we supposed to apply to any besides just filling out fafsa and the uci qualmetrics whatever survey?

they emailed me saying first week of april for aid. idk if that includes scholarships. were we supposed to apply to any besides just filling out fafsa and the uci qualmetrics whatever survey?
I'm not too sure! I just remember during admit day one of the presentation slides mentioned that UCI gives out some scholarships and I remember seeing "dean's scholarship" or something like that on there; Maybe im wrong but if they do give them out I hope some of us get it!

On 4/30 CYMS tool let’s you ‘commit to enroll’. If someone is WL in multiple places & has no As, then do the schools get to see that data after 4/30 & do they give preference to such WLs who have zero acceptances?

On 4/30 CYMS tool let’s you ‘commit to enroll’. If someone is WL in multiple places & has no As, then do the schools get to see that data after 4/30 & do they give preference to such WLs who have zero acceptances?
Yeah after 4/30, schools would be able to see that the person has no A's. I don't believe schools can see their waitlists though at that point.

But whether or not there will be "preference" for WL's with 0 A's, I think it's different for each school or Adcom member (I hear some schools like it when someone has multiple A's bc that shows they are "desirable", whereas other schools prefer admitting a person without A's since you have no other option but to accept).

Does anyone have advice on KIRA? Do I need to prep anything beforehand and how long does it take total?

Does anyone have advice on KIRA? Do I need to prep anything beforehand and how long does it take total?
Also wondering about the Kira assessment. I feel like i'm going in blind. Does anyone know what the format is? Is it kind of like casper?

Also wondering about the Kira assessment. I feel like i'm going in blind. Does anyone know what the format is? Is it kind of like casper?
Very similar to Casper except I think it had more realistic medical student experiences as questions.

Just did my kira assessment... feel like it went OKAY, but kind of stumbled in the first few questions. I hope the traditional interview has more weight with admissions because I feel a lot more confident doing those!!!

Just did my kira assessment... feel like it went OKAY, but kind of stumbled in the first few questions. I hope the traditional interview has more weight with admissions because I feel a lot more confident doing those!!!
I really didn't do great either lol. Anyone who got accepted how did you feel about your KIRA?

I really didn't do great either lol. Anyone who got accepted how did you feel about your KIRA?

Messed up (or at least thought i stumbled on 2 out of the 6). Made sure I recomposed myself after each one not thinking about my mess ups and moved onto the next prompt and did alright.

Killed the two interviews after and got the A.

Don’t think it’s weighed as heavily as your real interviews imo.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hi! Does anyone have any advice about the interview? I have mine tomorrow and I'm feeling kinda nervous

KIRA ruined my day lol. I was prepared to explain why I would ask Beyoncé to dinner and why telekinesis was the obvious choice for super powers, and instead I was answering ethical questions I had not prepared for. Worked out in the end though 😁😁😁

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone who interviewed this week did they say when decisions will come out? I kind of remember them saying one month but not sure

Anyone who interviewed this week did they say when decisions will come out? I kind of remember them saying one month but not sure
Wondering the same thing. I was told we're interviewing for spots and not for waitlist positions so I hope that's true

Withdrawing my application today good luck my sweet sunshines you got this sweetie

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if merit scholarships came out yet? :giggle:

Has anyone heard back from the 4/3 interview date? Did anyone receive an acceptance? If I haven’t hear back at this point, should I assume a waitlist or rejection?

Has anyone heard back from the 4/3 interview date? Did anyone receive an acceptance? If I haven’t hear back at this point, should I assume a waitlist or rejection?
I haven’t heard back, but they said it would take around a month for decisions to come out after the interview, so I don’t know if anyone has received an acceptance from that date but I wouldn’t just assume WL or R :)

I haven’t heard back, but they said it would take around a month for decisions to come out after the interview, so I don’t know if anyone has received an acceptance from that date but I wouldn’t just assume WL or R :)
+1

Does anyone know if merit scholarships came out yet? :giggle:

i've been trying to figure this out too, because financials obviously play such a large role in deciding which school to go to. :( I called UCI's office of admissions and they said to be patient, they don't know when those merit scholarships will come out. they also said that if we are getting more money from another school that UCI does not match scholarships or take that into consideration so it's not worth telling them about that

that's awesome- congrats! when did you hear back? assuming A's were sent and no contact = R?
I was notified 3/21. In the email, they stated that a total of 12 offers have been made, but that not all of them might attend UCI SOM.