2022-2023 UC Irvine

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those who submitted updates/LOI, did you manage to fit everything you wanted to say into a single 500 char message? my LOI is much longer than that so im thinking of submitting it by breaking it up into separate 500 char chunks. not sure if that's something adcoms would look favorably upon though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was waitlisted after a January interview. But I saw someone got accepted from my interview date. Their decision came quicker than my waitlist email. So, I'm sure there are still seats available and you will likely know faster if it is an acceptance.
 
I was waitlisted after a January interview. But I saw someone got accepted from my interview date. Their decision came quicker than my waitlist email. So, I'm sure there are still seats available and you will likely know faster if it is an acceptance.
If you don't mind me asking, when was your interview? I interviewed late January and still haven't heard back
 
i know there’s not much concrete detail y’all can give for this, but is there any advice for the video assessment that anyone who interviewed can give? idk why i’m stressing about this but i have no clue what to expect or how to prepare 😅
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone heard for any scholarships? or does anyone know when they may come out? 🙂
they emailed me saying first week of april for aid. idk if that includes scholarships. were we supposed to apply to any besides just filling out fafsa and the uci qualmetrics whatever survey?
 
they emailed me saying first week of april for aid. idk if that includes scholarships. were we supposed to apply to any besides just filling out fafsa and the uci qualmetrics whatever survey?
I'm not too sure! I just remember during admit day one of the presentation slides mentioned that UCI gives out some scholarships and I remember seeing "dean's scholarship" or something like that on there; Maybe im wrong but if they do give them out I hope some of us get it!
 
On 4/30 CYMS tool let’s you ‘commit to enroll’. If someone is WL in multiple places & has no As, then do the schools get to see that data after 4/30 & do they give preference to such WLs who have zero acceptances?
 
On 4/30 CYMS tool let’s you ‘commit to enroll’. If someone is WL in multiple places & has no As, then do the schools get to see that data after 4/30 & do they give preference to such WLs who have zero acceptances?
Yeah after 4/30, schools would be able to see that the person has no A's. I don't believe schools can see their waitlists though at that point.

But whether or not there will be "preference" for WL's with 0 A's, I think it's different for each school or Adcom member (I hear some schools like it when someone has multiple A's bc that shows they are "desirable", whereas other schools prefer admitting a person without A's since you have no other option but to accept).
 
Just did my kira assessment... feel like it went OKAY, but kind of stumbled in the first few questions. I hope the traditional interview has more weight with admissions because I feel a lot more confident doing those!!!
 
I really didn't do great either lol. Anyone who got accepted how did you feel about your KIRA?

Messed up (or at least thought i stumbled on 2 out of the 6). Made sure I recomposed myself after each one not thinking about my mess ups and moved onto the next prompt and did alright.

Killed the two interviews after and got the A.

Don’t think it’s weighed as heavily as your real interviews imo.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really didn't do great either lol. Anyone who got accepted how did you feel about your KIRA?
KIRA ruined my day lol. I was prepared to explain why I would ask Beyoncé to dinner and why telekinesis was the obvious choice for super powers, and instead I was answering ethical questions I had not prepared for. Worked out in the end though 😁😁😁
 
Anyone who interviewed this week did they say when decisions will come out? I kind of remember them saying one month but not sure
 
Has anyone heard back from the 4/3 interview date? Did anyone receive an acceptance? If I haven’t hear back at this point, should I assume a waitlist or rejection?
I haven’t heard back, but they said it would take around a month for decisions to come out after the interview, so I don’t know if anyone has received an acceptance from that date but I wouldn’t just assume WL or R 🙂
 
Does anyone know if merit scholarships came out yet? 😊

i've been trying to figure this out too, because financials obviously play such a large role in deciding which school to go to. 🙁 I called UCI's office of admissions and they said to be patient, they don't know when those merit scholarships will come out. they also said that if we are getting more money from another school that UCI does not match scholarships or take that into consideration so it's not worth telling them about that
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad