2022-2023 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I noticed there's a new tab in the portal titled "Admission Decision" but nothing displays when clicking on it lol.. tbh idk if it's always been there or if it truly just appeared.
Are you a Haider applicant?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Makes me think that they won’t send out decisions until after May 1st, otherwise those who are accepted won’t have enough time to make a decision by May 1st

Reactions: 4 users
I don’t understand what UCR’s strategy is this cycle. It seems like a lot of us have been ghosted post interview and now with the CTE deadline on Monday, UCR will lose part of its applicant pool. I can’t understand why they have still ghosted us and not even sent out any waitlists or post-II R’s yet

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t understand what UCR’s strategy is this cycle. It seems like a lot of us have been ghosted post interview and now with the CTE deadline on Monday, UCR will lose part of its applicant pool. I can’t understand why they have still ghosted us and not even sent out any waitlists or post-II R’s yet
Honestly!! I think the ‘youre still under consideration’ email is such a cop out, they could at least waitlist us or reject us, but i cant help but feel like they want to keep us in limbo just so they have back up to fill their class. This was my top choice but im considering going w/ my other acceptance cos i just dont feel valued like this

Reactions: 5 users
Honestly!! I think the ‘youre still under consideration’ email is such a cop out, they could at least waitlist us or reject us, but i cant help but feel like they want to keep us in limbo just so they have back up to fill their class. This was my top choice but im considering going w/ my other acceptance cos i just dont feel valued like this

I completely agree! Not only does the ghosting make it really difficult for students waiting to hear back before the CTE deadline, but UCR typically has a lot of waitlist movement, meaning many accepted ppl end up committing elsewhere, so by not sending decisions before the CTE, ghosted ppl could be committing elsewhere and UCR loses potential candidates they wanted, so I don’t see how this is beneficial for anyone involved, UCR’s also my top choice but the ghosting has been brutal

I completely agree! Not only does the ghosting make it really difficult for students waiting to hear back before the CTE deadline, but UCR typically has a lot of waitlist movement, meaning many accepted ppl end up committing elsewhere, so by not sending decisions before the CTE, ghosted ppl could be committing elsewhere and UCR loses potential candidates they wanted, so I don’t see how this is beneficial for anyone involved, UCR’s also my top choice but the ghosting has been brutal

My guess for why they would wait until after May 1st is to see how many of the current accepted students actually Plan to Enroll with the school. Those who don’t will have their acceptances dropped and now UCR can gauge how many acceptances to send out for this next wave

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Makes me wonder how many seats they have left at this point to offer if the majority of us on sdn have been ghosted :( Isn't the post-ii acceptance rate between 40-60% (or something reasonable like that?) I'm getting really antsy and really hoping we get updates this week 😭

just withdrew good luck to you all! hopefully some of you start hearing good news soon :)

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that they are in the process of expanding their class for the upcoming school year and they have pretty much delayed the decisions they were supposed to send out today to the EAP applicants too so they might be doing something different/weird this year.

I heard that they are in the process of expanding their class for the upcoming school year and they have pretty much delayed the decisions they were supposed to send out today to the EAP applicants too so they might be doing something different/weird this year.

Really? The dean at the open house said that they would be expanding to 125 students but for the next cycle not this cycle. So maybe it changed ?

Reactions: 1 user
I remember at the informational session for interviewees they said they're expanding the class compared to last year's class size. Not sure if they made another decision to expand the class again in the same cycle. I just find it strange that even with the expansion of the class size this year, it seems like very few applicants are getting accepted ~2 weeks after the interview from what we've seen here. Fingers crossed for a big wave of releases with more A's than we've been seeing!

I remember at the informational session for interviewees they said they're expanding the class compared to last year's class size. Not sure if they made another decision to expand the class again in the same cycle. I just find it strange that even with the expansion of the class size this year, it seems like very few applicants are getting accepted ~2 weeks after the interview from what we've seen here. Fingers crossed for a big wave of releases with more A's than we've been seeing!
I think there are significantly more people accepted than who are reporting on SDN. In the accepted student slack channel there are over 60 people. And that’s not including other folks who chose not to join.

I think there are significantly more people accepted than who are reporting on SDN. In the accepted student slack channel there are over 60 people. And that’s not including other folks who chose not to join.
I hope they expanded the class because that would be like ~20 spots left 😬

I hope they expanded the class because that would be like ~20 spots left

they had to have sent out 80 acceptances by March 15th so they’ve definitely accepted over 80 people already but they tend to accept a lot more people than the starting number of the class due to ppl committing elsewhere so there’s still hope!

I emailed admissions to withdraw my A but haven’t heard back. Does anyone know if there’s somewhere on the portal?

Hope it goes to one of you deserving applicants!! <3

Reactions: 6 users
any guesses as to when we might be getting some news??

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Was accepted but withdraw my application Friday, wish everyone on the waitlist the best of luck!

So waitlists have gone out? Is that was the still under consideration thing is?

Perhaps, but I think everyone post-II that Ive seen on SDN got the email so im not exactly sure what that means.

i think everyone who hasn’t heard back yet received that email so waitlists haven’t gone out yet but hopefully we get some news this week

Gosh UCR why are you taking so long!!! the 2023-2024 threads already started being made! MIND BLOWING!

Gosh UCR why are you taking so long!!! the 2023-2024 threads already started being made! MIND BLOWING!
I know right lol. And the worst part for me at least is knowing I have to reapply, but I just feel like I can’t fully commit to this next cycle if I don’t know for sure the results of this cycle. I know I should think of it as an R for now but still the small percentage of hope is keeping me at the edge of my seat lmao.

I know right lol. And the worst part for me at least is knowing I have to reapply, but I just feel like I can’t fully commit to this next cycle if I don’t know for sure the results of this cycle. I know I should think of it as an R for now but still the small percentage of hope is keeping me at the edge of my seat lmao.
This is going to be the one for you! The suspense is holding out because the universe wants to test you! Youve made it this far in the cycle!

wishing the best for you!

Sending good vibes to you all 🙏

• Love
I’m
Same! Hoping for the best. Preparing for the worse. We got this! “It ain’t over til it’s over!”

I cant even look for housing for my other option because of UCR..

I have a feeling some of us may hear good news tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed ❤️

I just feel my alma mater disrespected me not telling me any news since

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I have a feeling some of us may hear good news tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed ❤️
It's not even funny how knotted my stomach feels of how anxious I am waiting for a response. At this point I just need an answer, is it yes or no, to help me move on 😭

Another day and no one heard from them? I feel like we all just wait for the next important date and hope for some news after it passes. I’m actually tired at this point like my life is on a hold

• Sad
Good luck this week cuzzins

in 2020, someone made a reddit post mentioning UCR’s CTE date is May 15th but i can’t find any other info on it so i’m not sure if it’s still that
I just looked for the CTE date on MSAR and there's not a specific date, but there was a statement saying you should respond to an offer within 2 weeks. I take this to mean responding to a WL offer, but if someone found another source of information please chime in.

When did you interview, if you don't mind?
March 18th and I was accepted around April 13th so almost a month later. I will note they took a while to send an interview invitation.

I just looked for the CTE date on MSAR and there's not a specific date, but there was a statement saying you should respond to an offer within 2 weeks. I take this to mean responding to a WL offer, but if someone found another source of information please chime in.
I went to the Recruitment Day on April 27. The Dean said the CTE deadline is May 15th!