2022-2023 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Well if their CTE date really is May 15th, maybe we should expect to see movement around then 🙏

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't get the WL email (not in inbox nor spam). I don’t know what to make of this. I guess it’s game over for me ✌️🫠

• Hmm
Just got waitlist email as well! But going to withdraw application as i committed to a different school, good luck everyone i wish you all the best!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Do they rank you?
They didn't say in my email! But do you guys think they'd have 2 separate waitlists, one for regular applicants, and one for Haider?

I also looked through the threads from previous years. And ~95% of the acceptances off WL was non-Haider applicants 😬!

I didn't get the WL email (not in inbox nor spam). I don’t know what to make of this. I guess it’s game over for me ✌️🫠
Did you check the "Admissions Decision" tab on your portal? Mine says "You have been selected for the Waitlist."

They didn't say in my email! But do you guys think they'd have 2 separate waitlists, one for regular applicants, and one for Haider?

I also looked through the threads from previous years. And ~95% of the acceptances off WL was non-Haider applicants 😬!
Gee thanks 🫠

Just reject me already -a haider applicant

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
i also got the WL, hopefully we get final decisions soon, i’m rooting for everyone!!!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)

Not really sure! I got waitlisted as well and am a Haider applicant.

I’m a Haider applicant too, and I got the WL email. I got it like 20 minutes after everyone tho. So, I originally thought I didn’t get one too. Maybe it’s me being Optimistic, but you guys might get a WLemail later today or tomorrow. I’m rooting for everyone !

Reactions: 1 users
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
For those who didn't get the WL, do you guys have any update to your portal?

Heey future classmate!! Congratulations. That was a long wait. I am so happy for you!
I smiled at what you said about hope they did not change their minds. I thought the same thing and had an embarassingly slight anxiety over that thought haha. Don't worry, they will send you the email in 1-3 days business days. Enjoy your free time now :)
omg that actually makes me feel so much better lol!!! Im wondering if the acceptance will reflect on my portal after the email then? I saw other posts mentioning you can see your application status, but mine doesn't say anything besides the interview tab? Im freaking out bc I already signed a lease in Michigan thinking that this was never gonna happen and i need to figure this out asap lol

omg that actually makes me feel so much better lol!!! Im wondering if the acceptance will reflect on my portal after the email then? I saw other posts mentioning you can see your application status, but mine doesn't say anything besides the interview tab? Im freaking out bc I already signed a lease in Michigan thinking that this was never gonna happen and i need to figure this out asap lol
If you are planning to commit to UCR, cancel the lease. Your UCR acceptance has already happened the moment you recieved your admission call!

The admission email delay happened with me, too. To make things clearer on the slow process, if you checked your choose your medical school tool through AMCAS, I am sure you will not see UCR SOM acceptance offer there as well. The admission email which will be sent soon will guide you back to the secondary application where you will see the added admission decision tab with a technical standards form to sign electronically. From my experience, after the admission email, everything was updated including the CYMS tool on amcas. Just wait a few days for the email and everything will be updated. This is happening!

• Love
once you commit to enroll does that mean you have to remove yourself from the waitlist at other places?

Same! I was getting a little anxious yesterday because on the call Dr. Cooper said we would get our acceptance emails by Friday at the latest. But I didn't get anything yet. I called the admissions office and they said they haven't heard from Dr. Cooper and will not send the emails till Monday at least. Did anyone who got accepted last week get an email yet?

For the people who got the "under consideration" email but not waitlist email, what is going to happen to us?

For the people who got the "under consideration" email but not waitlist email, what is going to happen to us?
I refuse to believe that our LOIs backfired and sent us to the R stack. I want to believe that they’re being/were reviewed for an A or a WL.

Maybe just maybe 🤞 we’re next in the calls but they opted to do so after the 15th. Hopefully we hear soon so we can have the closure we’ve been yearning.

Reactions: 6 users
For my conditional admit program interview invite, I was told I’d have to sign a contract by May 12th. The date has come and gone and I still haven’t heard from them yet. Rough yo but we out here.

• Hmm
Decided to withdraw my app, was sent the "under consideration" email, but not the waitlist email.

• Wow
  • Hmm
Does anyone know when waitlist movement will start for ucr?

the CTE deadline was yesterday so hopefully we get news this week, the first reported acceptance off the waitlist on SDN last year was on May 19th

Reactions: 5 users
the CTE deadline was yesterday so hopefully we get news this week, the first reported acceptance off the waitlist on SDN last year was on May 19th
Coincidentally, the first reported acceptance off WL on SDN for the 2020-2021 cycle was also on May 19th around 7:30 PST!

(But there wasn't any reported acceptance in May/June for the 2019-2020 cycle, maybe due to the pandemic surge in applications 🤷?)

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
One of the admissions coordinators I spoke with said the CTE is not May 15 for people who were just recently accepted, and she will email me the new info. I still haven't received the info, and my acceptance portal is really lacking some info. I also asked about a campus tour, but she sid the medicine building is closed and that I can tour during orientation. TBH I don't know how this makes me feel. Is anyone else feeling a little worried about the lack of communication and organization of this cycle?

• Hmm
  • Sad
If i sent a letter of intent in march and got placed on the WL last week, do y'all think it's appropriate to send an update letter now? Or does that not really matter anymore since those on the WL are probably internally ranked already...

One of the admissions coordinators I spoke with said the CTE is not May 15 for people who were just recently accepted, and she will email me the new info. I still haven't received the info, and my acceptance portal is really lacking some info. I also asked about a campus tour, but she sid the medicine building is closed and that I can tour during orientation. TBH I don't know how this makes me feel. Is anyone else feeling a little worried about the lack of communication and organization of this cycle?
I'm assuming the May 15 CTE is for those who were accepted earlier in the cycle, would you not have at least a week or two to decide/CTE if you were accepted recently?

Yeah, the waiting and silence for UCR hasn't been fun and from previous year's threads it seems like silence/unpredictable-ness is expected from UCR :( Maybe us applicants can give the office benefit of doubt and they're probably just really busy

But what doesn’t make sense is the people who didn’t hear anything after the interview. Didn’t get a waitlist email and are not being rejected right now either like are we getting accepted, rejected, why no waitlist?!

If you don’t mind me asking, when did you ask her to email you the new information? Communication seems to be very slow 🫠

But what doesn’t make sense is the people who didn’t hear anything after the interview. Didn’t get a waitlist email and are not being rejected right now either like are we getting accepted, rejected, why no waitlist?!
RIGHT like I wish they communicated what it means if we didn’t get an update 😪 if it’s a rejection I would really like to know for my own closure but the silence is killing me. Should I be hopeful or not UCR??😫

If you don’t mind me asking, when did you ask her to email you the new information? Communication seems to be very slow 🫠
I have the same question. I emailed them on Friday last week but still haven't heard back. Which email did you used?
[email protected] or [email protected]
and also how long did it take for them to respond?