2022-2023 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I went to the Recruitment Day on April 27. The Dean said the CTE deadline is May 15th!
So if we’ve been accepted but we’re on the WL at another potential school, we have to commit to UCR and withdraw from all other school WL positions before May 15th if we want to attend UCR (even if we are holding out for other WL’s)?

Members don't see this ad.

So if we’ve been accepted but we’re on the WL at another potential school, we have to commit to UCR and withdraw from all other school WL positions before May 15th if we want to attend UCR (even if we are holding out for other WL’s)?
Yes, if you Commit (CTE) you drop all other As and WLs

So most likely those who haven't heard back from UCR will probably hear back after may 15th huh?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So most likely those who haven't heard back from UCR will probably hear back after may 15th huh?

there should be movement already due to some acceptancees committing to other schools so idk what they are waiting for, hopefully we hear back before the 15th

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if they’re truly not calling people or it’s just the people on SDN that literally no one has been hearing from them

I spoke with one of the current med students about the delay and they had mentioned it might be due to the fact that they are understaffed.

Reactions: 2 users
I withdrew my A last week. I also know 2 other people who gave up their A. Unless they accepted a student count a lot higher than their class size, movement should be happening (I hope)

Reactions: 3 users
Checking other threads for UC schools and a lot of them are experiencing delays as well I think

I spoke with one of the current med students about the delay and they had mentioned it might be due to the fact that they are understaffed.
That and I believe they're also getitng even busier this year due to their 10th year anniversary/events. And perhaps, the planning/transitioning staff and faculties to the new building! 😬

That and I believe they're also getitng even busier this year due to their 10th year anniversary/events. And perhaps, the planning/transitioning staff and faculties to the new building! 😬
I think the new building is ahead of schedule from what they were saying at the recruitment event so this very well may be keeping them busy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an A to the conditional acceptance program.. I’m still a little unsure about it. Does anyone have more info or know anyone who’s gone this route?

• Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
I got an A to the conditional acceptance program.. I’m still a little unsure about it. Does anyone have more info or know anyone who’s gone this route?
I interviewed for that as well. When did you interview if you don’t mind me asking?

do you have any other As this cycle?

So have waitlists gone out? Is that consideration email basically waitlist?

No one knows but probably
Back in April 27th 2021, the status update was written in the following way:

“Dear Applicant,

Thanks for interviewing with UCR SOM. It was a pleasure meeting you and getting to know more about you at the MMI day. We were impressed with your application and at this time, I wanted to personally reach out to you and let you know that we hadn’t forgotten you. We are pleased to let you know that you remain on our wait list while we are in the final stages of admitting our incoming class. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me or any other member of the admissions team.

Sincerely,

[Redacted], MD MPH”

Could it be that the status update, from last month, was a waitlist notification in disguise? We can each decide what to make of it 🫠

I would massively wager that we are on the the waitlist then team.

Back in April 27th 2021, the status update was written in the following way:

“Dear Applicant,

Thanks for interviewing with UCR SOM. It was a pleasure meeting you and getting to know more about you at the MMI day. We were impressed with your application and at this time, I wanted to personally reach out to you and let you know that we hadn’t forgotten you. We are pleased to let you know that you remain on our wait list while we are in the final stages of admitting our incoming class. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me or any other member of the admissions team.

Sincerely,

[Redacted], MD MPH”

Could it be that the status update, from last month, was a waitlist notification in disguise? We can each decide what to make of it 🫠
Wait yours is a bit different. You might be in fact on the waitlist because yours actually says “remain on the waitlist” while others said “still under consideration”

Wait yours is a bit different. You might be in fact on the waitlist because yours actually says “remain on the waitlist” while others said “still under consideration”
No he/she meant that this is what they sent in 2021. What we got this year is without the word waitlist but everything else is the same for everyone.

Reactions: 3 users
No he/she meant that this is what they sent in 2021. What we got this year is without the word waitlist but everything else is the same for everyone.
Thank you for the clarification. I read the date wrong.

So basically everyone who got the "under consideration" is basically waitlisted until further notice?

Got the A Today after interviewing in January!!! I was literally shocked. I got an email first and then a call. Hopefully, more people will hear good news this week :)

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Got the A Today after interviewing in January!!! I was literally shocked. I got an email first and then a call. Hopefully, more people will hear good news this week :)
congrats

but also panik

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations 🥳 by any chance are you a haider applicant?

Thank you! I am not a haider applicant but I am from NorCal!

I also got the call today after interviewing in November! Wishing you all good luck!

Reactions: 8 users
I did get that email! I'm pretty sure that means you are waitlisted

I got the call today! I interviewed in early October and thought there was no hope for me here after being ghosted for so many months. This is my #1 choice. I still haven't received an email tho lol hope they didn't change their mind.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
I got the call today! I interviewed in early October and thought there was no hope for me here after being ghosted for so many months. This is my #1 choice. I still haven't received an email tho lol hope they didn't change their mind.
Heey future classmate!! Congratulations. That was a long wait. I am so happy for you!
I smiled at what you said about hope they did not change their minds. I thought the same thing and had an embarassingly slight anxiety over that thought haha. Don't worry, they will send you the email in 1-3 days business days. Enjoy your free time now :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users