2022-2023 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have the same question. I emailed them on Friday last week but still haven't heard back. Which email did you used?
[email protected] or [email protected]
and also how long did it take for them to respond?
i called admissions, they are saying that late-may early June is when the seats should be filled

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
i called admissions, they are saying that late-may early June is when the seats should be filled
Did you happen to ask or gauge how many seats are left from the conversation? Like are there very few seats left?

Members don't see this ad :)
Screenshot_20230517_185915_Chrome.jpg

Btw, I just looked at the data on CycleTrack for April and May.
There has been many rejections reported, but I don't know how to check if they're pre or post-II 🤷

Edit: here's the link to the UCR page

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
If you don’t mind me asking, when did you ask her to email you the new information? Communication seems to be very slow 🫠
It was about 2 days ago. I received a response today stating that the CTE deadline is 5 days after an offer of acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten an R post interview or post “under consideration email”?

Has anyone gotten an R post interview or post “under consideration email”?
From CycleTrack data, there was a huge wave of R on April 10th, so I think those must be pre-II.

And there were 2 R reported on April 24th (I received my consideration email on 4/25), so would this be post-II? Because I don't think they would wait 2 weeks to send a second waves of pre-II R since they already finished interviewing in March.

There was 1 R reported yesterday, more likely post-II? Maybe those people just aren't on SDN 🤷

Members don't see this ad :)
My bad, yesterday was for the College of health sciences and graduate college of biomedical sciences, which the dean of the SOM was a part of
Yeh I saw that too and was so surprised. Because those colleges are at Western University, and Dean Deas received an honorary doctorate degree (LHD) from them!
So maybe UCR would have more partnership with Western COMP in the future? Like opening a linkage PA program 🤔?

I know they emphasize distance traveled but common now......

Reactions: 2 users
i felt so hopeful we’d get news this week but i guess not, i feel like there’s just no excuse anymore, the CTE deadline has passed, they should know exactly how many open seats they have left

I last applied to medical school during the 2020-2021 cycle. Back then, I lacked a LOR from a physician + shadowing experience and yet UCR waitlisted me. To improve I got both. Additionally I got a job as an MA, retook MCAT, among other things…

Even though it appears UCR won’t even offer me a WL spot lol.. it remains my top choice. I align with its mission and its proximity to home is a plus.

At this point my reference point is that “under consideration” email. I’ve sent a LOI and a TY letter, theres nothing else I can do but wait unfortunately ⏳

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I last applied to medical school during the 2020-2021 cycle. Back then, I lacked a LOR from a physician + shadowing experience and yet UCR waitlisted me. To improve I got both. Additionally I got a job as an MA, retook MCAT, among other things…

Even though it appears UCR won’t even offer me a WL spot lol.. it remains my top choice. I align with its mission and its proximity to home is a plus.

At this point my reference point is that “under consideration” email. I’ve sent a LOI and a TY letter, theres nothing else I can do but wait unfortunately

You deserve the A. But if not, I know you'll be a great doc

• Care
Is emailing admissions for an application status update looked down upon at this time?

Is emailing admissions for an application status update looked down upon at this time?
I straight called them, leaving people on a limbo status since interviewing them in October is cruel

Reactions: 5 users
I emailed UCR basically asking if admission decisions will come out within the next 2 weeks and they responded, “Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis. We will continue to send out admissions decisions until we fill our class or the first day of matriculation, whichever comes first. Please note that the first day of matriculation is historically in July.”

I emailed UCR basically asking if admission decisions will come out within the next 2 weeks and they responded, “Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis. We will continue to send out admissions decisions until we fill our class or the first day of matriculation, whichever comes first. Please note that the first day of matriculation is historically in July.”
Bruh i called and they say that the first week of June they are done 🤡🤡

• Sad
hmm, after this week i think it's best for us to move on... :')

if we get off the waitlist then we get off, but onwards and upwards!

hmm, after this week i think it's best for us to move on... :')

if we get off the waitlist then we get off, but onwards and upwards!
The thing is a lot of us aren’t even informed of being waitlisted so we’re in limbo

• Sad
Are people just not reporting?? Past threads there's been so many WL acceptances it doesn't make sense. :(

Are people just not reporting?? Past threads there's been so many WL acceptances it doesn't make sense. :(
possibly, but past threads also had post-II R's the same day as waitlists, and this year no one reported post-II Rs yet. also we got our waitlist notification email wayyy later than past threads (we got ours in may vs previous years in April). i feel like WL movement hasn't happened yet but maybe will happen soon....?

edit: jk i reread the posts above and looks like there might have been post-II Rs opss

Last edited:
Yeah this is taking way too long, literally majority of all the other schools have their class completed.

Hey guys I got the acceptance call today from UCR! Its not over yet. Im wishing the best for everyone!

Reactions: 9 users
I got accepted a few hours ago too!
Don't give up hope everyone!

P.S. Haider applicant
Call first then email!

Reactions: 8 users
Congratulations to all accepted. Your hard work and patience paid off!🍾🤩

Question: is your admissions tab updated?

Hey guys I got the acceptance call today from UCR! Its not over yet. Im wishing the best for everyone!
I got accepted a few hours ago too!
Don't give up hope everyone!

P.S. Haider applicant
Call first then email!
Woo hoo!!! Congrats to you both!! Glad to see there's finally some waitlist movement reported on sdn...hoping for good news for more of us this week 👀

• Care