You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 UC Irvine
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SoCal resident secondary received this morning. Verified 7/30
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HalJordann
Full Member
when did you submit? and stats?II, IS
Submitted the secondary 7/20, reapplicant, 522, 3.97when did you submit? and stats?
icedsoylatte
Full Member
It only says "Individual interviews with a faculty member and a medical student, held virtually." under AAMC pdf. I guess that means traditional...?I have a stupid question... Can someone let me know how can I find out if UCI does traditional or MMI? I tried to read their website but it's very vague.
Via MSAR: "Individual interviews with a faculty member and a medical student, held virtually."I have a stupid question... Can someone let me know how can I find out if UCI does traditional or MMI? I tried to read their website but it's very vague.
What dates are available for the people who got II?
Only 8/22!What dates are available for the people who got II?
Thank you!Only 8/22!
mailbruin4577
Full Member
Is anyone still waiting on a secondary invite? I’m a SoCal resident. I’m wondering if I got screened out or something. sGPA just over a 3.0 and MCAT = 509, URM. Lots of healthcare volunteering and service. AMCAS primary verified last week of June
SoCal resident and also still waiting. Submitted the first day with a 50X and 3.5 cgpa. Also starting to think I got screened out lolIs anyone still waiting on a secondary invite? I’m a SoCal resident. I’m wondering if I got screened out or something. sGPA just over a 3.0 and MCAT = 509, URM. Lots of healthcare volunteering and service. AMCAS primary verified last week of June
flyon_littlewing9587
Full Member
Same. 51x mcat but very very low gpa, but did a diy postbacc here and got 3.9x lol so I’m not sureSoCal resident and also still waiting. Submitted the first day with a 50X and 3.5 cgpa. Also starting to think I got screened out lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
themagictaco
Full Member
IS II 8/14 complete 7/22
tornado6565
Full Member
+1 OOS II 8/14 complete 07/22 no ties to CA
Is anyone still waiting on a secondary invite? I’m a SoCal resident. I’m wondering if I got screened out or something. sGPA just over a 3.0 and MCAT = 509, URM. Lots of healthcare volunteering and service. AMCAS primary verified last week of June
Same. 51x mcat but very very low gpa, but did a diy postbacc here and got 3.9x lol so I’m not sure
FWIW, i got a secondary and my stats are split at the extremes -- don't think you got screened out, but just give it some time!
tornado6565
Full Member
Congrats on your II! Do you also see only one date for the interview?IS II 8/14 complete 7/22
themagictaco
Full Member
yeah next week lmaoCongrats on your II! Do you also see only one date for the interview?
HalJordann
Full Member
Starting to lose hope unless they don't send II chronologically. I was complete 7/21
WeOutHereWaiting
Full Member
A friend of mine from the last cycle was complete in mid-July and didn't receive an II until November and was accepted. I highly doubt any school does strictly chronological.Starting to lose hope unless they don't send II chronologically. I was complete 7/21
HalJordann
Full Member
Yeah, probably not smart of me to assumeA friend of mine from the last cycle was complete in mid-July and didn't receive an II until November and was accepted. I highly doubt any school does strictly chronological.
Under Research Activities they ask
"By December 2022, how many total research hours will you estimate to have had (include university-based research, lab assistant, clinical research*, preparing manuscript, etc.)"
Does anyone know what they mean by "university-based research?" Is that just the number of research hours if you were part of an on-campus lab? Thanks!
"By December 2022, how many total research hours will you estimate to have had (include university-based research, lab assistant, clinical research*, preparing manuscript, etc.)"
Does anyone know what they mean by "university-based research?" Is that just the number of research hours if you were part of an on-campus lab? Thanks!
Yeah, I took it as any research lab that was associated with my university. If it's on-campus it's most likely affiliated with your university (especially public universities(?)) ergo "university-based," is the way I approached it (despite my lab actually being off-campus)Under Research Activities they ask
"By December 2022, how many total research hours will you estimate to have had (include university-based research, lab assistant, clinical research*, preparing manuscript, etc.)"
Does anyone know what they mean by "university-based research?" Is that just the number of research hours if you were part of an on-campus lab? Thanks!
This might be a stretch but does anyone know if it means anything to get a UCI student ID on the portal?
I also see this on my portalThis might be a stretch but does anyone know if it means anything to get a UCI student ID on the portal?
+1I also see this on my portal
dullprocedure
Full Member
i think everyone gets oneThis might be a stretch but does anyone know if it means anything to get a UCI student ID on the portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
motivated-armadillo72
Full Member
IS II just now! ORM, 519/3.99, complete 7/24
+1; IS II, complete 7/24 as well and pretty much identical stats lolIS II just now! ORM, 519/3.99, complete 7/24
I also noticed today, is that good sign?i think everyone gets one
when they added UCI student ID for you? I just noticed today and was not there few weeks back.+1; IS II, complete 7/24 as well and pretty much identical stats lol
how long did it take to receive the Kira talent invitation after ii for you all?
After 2 days for me
OOS II, LM 72. Complete 7/26. The only date one date available though for next week..
II IS complete/under review 8/16
II for PRIME-LC!!
Same! Did you end up getting a separate interview invite for just the MD program? I read on the website that you will only be considered for Prime-LC if you are under consideration for Irvine MD, but all of the scheduling is under PRIME-LC so i'm a little confused. Will there be a separate confirmation for just the MD program?II for PRIME-LC!!
If it’s the same as LEAD-ABC, you do your traditional UC Irvine interviews then you do an extra interview with a panel from your programSame! Did you end up getting a separate interview invite for just the MD program? I read on the website that you will only be considered for Prime-LC if you are under consideration for Irvine MD, but all of the scheduling is under PRIME-LC so i'm a little confused. Will there be a separate confirmation for just the MD program?
Same! Did you end up getting a separate interview invite for just the MD program? I read on the website that you will only be considered for Prime-LC if you are under consideration for Irvine MD, but all of the scheduling is under PRIME-LC so i'm a little confused. Will there be a separate confirmation for just the MD program?
Congrats! I only got the one email, it seems like they might have UCI MD and PRIME-LC specific dates where you do the regular MD and PRIME interview on the same day so they combined the invitation. At least that was my understanding of it
stethescope4ears
New Member
I do not believe that uci prescreens, so just be patient and hopefully the secondary will come.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pi_grl
Full Member
I am a reapplicant and last year I literally didn’t get a secondary at all lol they rejected me pre secondary but not until March of this year lmao. I applied here again this year for whatever reason and still haven’t gotten a secondary. Just giving a heads up, we may never get one [emoji43][emoji94][emoji22] I am IS norcal LM70 WARS80 and went to a different UC for undergrad.
notmedicaladvice
Full Member
Very low stress and pretty quickHow was the Kira assessment for people who have done it?
so quiet,,, too quiet