2022-2023 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
they must have seen this post bc I just received one!
That's so funny same thing happened to me, usually complaining never works

Members don't see this ad.

IE as well, pretty good stats, mission fit, verified in June, the exact same deal as you, no secondary. My buddy who is doing orientation this week for UCR said he got his secondary in late august last cycle and he's IE. I say just keep prewriting and wait it out.
thank you for your positivity!! Finally received it :)) keep your head up and positivity (if you haven't received one yet)!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received just now!! IS (local), verified 6/27

Reactions: 1 user
What do they mean by "healthcare setting" in question 3? Are they asking about your specialty of interest or the type of healthcare facility you want to work at (e.g., outpatient centers, nursing homes, hospitals, etc.)?
I think they're asking do you see yourself in private practice/academic medicine/community based etc...

I took 1.5 years of Portuguese during college. Does anyone think it is worthwhile to list those courses under the Spanish section of the UCR Highly Recommended Humanities Core Inventory? My thought process is that the two languages are very similar and UCR is recommending only 3 semester hours worth of Spanish while I took 9 in Portuguese.

[...] Portuguese [...]
If you request substitution, it'll give you an 'explanation' short field, and you could explain there. That said, my gut says it would be rejected.

I have a sort-of similar situation (studied Spanish in elementary school overseas) and mentioned it briefly in my 'anything else' essay, which is another option open to you. Worst case scenario, they deny/decline it on the course field.
It's definitely worth mentioning somewhere, if nothing else to show that you have romance language aptitude/experience.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS secondary received! Verified early June. They don't send secondaries to everyone right?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS secondary received! Verified early June. They don't send secondaries to everyone right?
I was surprised to learn this too but according to their application portal they actually invite all candidates to submit secondaries, but they only consider applications from California residents and those who have strong ties to the Inland Empire SoCal Region.

I was surprised to learn this too but according to their application portal they actually invite all candidates to submit secondaries, but they only consider applications from California residents and those who have strong ties to the Inland Empire SoCal Region.
last year, i think they only sent secondaries to select applicants. i think now its all applicants! but yea if someone is OOS and no strong ties to IE, I wouldn't submit secondary.

OOS secondary received - must have had a wave go out since I was verified early July
Not that I'm debating the website but this surprises me given the MSAR shows they only had one 1 OOS last year. Either they are looking to accept more OOS or it's a $$ making thing.

OOS secondary received - must have had a wave go out since I was verified early July

Not that I'm debating the website but this surprises me given the MSAR shows they only had one 1 OOS last year. Either they are looking to accept more OOS or it's a $$ making thing.

This is what I was thinking. When I applied previously they screened out my secondary until late November and then rejected me very shortly after.

Will be interesting to see how they treat OOS students this cycle. Kind of a gamble it seems.

This is what I was thinking. When I applied previously they screened out my secondary until late November and then rejected me very shortly after.

Will be interesting to see how they treat OOS students this cycle. Kind of a gamble it seems.
honestly, it feels like it's more about $$, especially considering they are one of the few schools that doesn't completely waive the secondary fee for FAP recipients

honestly, it feels like it's more about $$, especially considering they are one of the few schools that doesn't completely waive the secondary fee for FAP recipients
yeah honestly it kinda rubs me the wrong way how almost every other school waives the entire secondary fee for FAP ppl but UC Riverside, who’s so focused on underserved communities, doesn’t. like ?????

IS secondary received! Verified July 18th. Norcal resident, but went here for undergrad :)

For future courses on the UCR secondary, are you guys putting "incomplete" or "other" for the grade of the course? I currently have them all as incomplete but im not sure if this is the proper application of this option

Has anyone not gotten a secondary IS that was verified. Also do they screen for secondaries because Im confused. IS applicant with no secondary?

Has anyone not gotten a secondary IS that was verified. Also do they screen for secondaries because Im confused. IS applicant with no secondary?

I am sorry to say it appears that those who are OOS have little to no chance. From the first paragraph of their secondary's application page: "Please note we only consider applications from California residents and those who have strong ties to the Inland Southern California region."

i took a year of math but am still below the semester hour minimum. I already received my secondary and I saw the message on their website saying it may not hinder me, but Im confused if I have to submit a unit waiver and how to do it. Does anyone know or are in the same shoes as me?

Does anyone know where I can find the waiver for the pre-reqs? I need the waiver to waive the remaining credits I'm short on for math but I only see the "Request Waiver" option for each class I add and not for math as a whole. Do I use this as the waiver? If so, do I need to request a waiver for each class I add to math since as a whole it does not add up to the minimum? I hope this makes sense please help

are we supposed to list every single pre-req we have taken under each discipline or only enough to fill the necessary amount of units?

are we supposed to list every single pre-req we have taken under each discipline or only enough to fill the necessary amount of units?
Just enough to fill the unit requirement. It says so somewhere in their secondary (maybe the FAQ or front page, I forget.)

is anyone having problems paying on the portal? I have tried to pay the last two days with multiple different CCs and each time it declines and has actually locked me out of my banking entirely

hi, any thoughts on addressing COVID implications for the optional question prompt? I was in a full time master's program when things shut down and also had 2 kids in school at the time. was thinking of addressing how that scenario affected my academics, but didn't know if I should go that route or use the prompt to discuss something else. thanks in advance

hi, any thoughts on addressing COVID implications for the optional question prompt? I was in a full time master's program when things shut down and also had 2 kids in school at the time. was thinking of addressing how that scenario affected my academics, but didn't know if I should go that route or use the prompt to discuss something else. thanks in advance
I used that prompt to discuss how COVID added problems to my life but found I ways to adjust and deal with them!

II! Scheduled for Saturday, 9/10

Just got II!! Complete 8/8! 3.6 gpa 508 mcat, IE resident

Reactions: 2 users
Wow. Congrats hopefully we would be able to hear some good news soon.

Completed 8/29, is it usually 2-3 weeks until you hear back? heavy IE ties, mission values align but lower stats hoping for a miracle.

Completed 8/29, is it usually 2-3 weeks until you hear back? heavy IE ties, mission values align but lower stats hoping for a miracle.
i was complete early to mid aug. still waiting. they interview til spring and don't go in any specific order.

Can anyone who interviewed speak shed light on what their admissions timeline is? Are they interviewing every week? How long until they send out decisions from your interview date?