2022-2023 UC Irvine

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know if UCI is rolling admissions, like is it harder to get accepted later as the cycle goes on since there's left spots left or is there a set number of A's per interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Has anyone had experience sending an update letter pre-II. For example if we have a recent poster accepted, would it be appropriate to list that under "Other" or is that "Research/Publications (Citations Only)", the citations bit gives me pause?
 
I hope u get an II soon so we can go to the same school my dude [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]!!!
Dude I need someone to vouch for me. If they want their class to know how to surf they gotta accept me 😭😭😭
 
I got an MSTP ii yesterday (yay!) but by the time i logged onto the portal to schedule it (~1hr after receiving email) there were no dates available. I replied to medadmit [at] hs.uci.edu asking if there were any other dates, but has anyone else had this experience or does anyone have any ideas on what I should do instead? Thanks!

Other info: OOS ORM LM 79.6, complete end of August (I actually had to ask for an extension b/c i couldn't get my secondary done in time, so nice to see that they didn't hold that against me)
 
Facts. At least Davis also is close to Ocean Beach, Santa Cruz, and Humbolt. Lots of good waves up north.
Ya dog, a little far but yea Santa Cruz has some tasty waves. I will say ucsd is my number one though. Blacks windnsea will continue to be more than fine for me. Fingers crossed for this interview soon.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Posting this a bit late, but I wanted to share in case it gives another person like me some hope next cycle to shoot their shot. Interviewed in mid-October and got accepted right before Thanksgiving, OOS with no ties and LizzyM = 72. Super stoked since this is one of my top choices : )
 
How should I go about writing updates for UCI? I'd like to incorporate a few other updates into a nice, cohesive letter but find it difficult with only 500 characters.

Should I submit a separate letter for each update category or just submit one that's like ~100 characters over?
 
How should I go about writing updates for UCI? I'd like to incorporate a few other updates into a nice, cohesive letter but find it difficult with only 500 characters.

Should I submit a separate letter for each update category or just submit one that's like ~100 characters over?
I would not submit just one. You run the risk of being annoying to the adcom if you submit multiple
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
alternate list today :/ interviewed 11/1. not too bummed out since this was definitely a reach school for me! hoping for fast WL movement in the spring 🙂