2022-2023 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else been complete since July and still heard nothing back from UCI?
I was complete 7/21 and it's been nothing but silence :(
same

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! Admission results just in a week of the interview, this is super-fast...
thank you!! I know, I was so shocked since I had just interviewed but the dean said they were trying to get the offers sorted before the holidays

Reactions: 1 user
How should I go about writing updates for UCI? I'd like to incorporate a few other updates into a nice, cohesive letter but find it difficult with only 500 characters.

Should I submit a separate letter for each update category or just submit one that's like ~100 characters over?
Do we update on the portal? I want to send one too but couldn't find if they accept them

for accepted students, has anyone received an email for the background check? Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

yeah really curious about this. been complete since July you'd think they'd say something by now :(
I looked back at old threads and it seems like Irvine interviews until end of April and people get II as late as March/April. So I'm just assuming if you haven't gotten the R then there's still a chance. :)

I looked back at old threads and it seems like Irvine interviews until end of April and people get II as late as March/April. So I'm just assuming if you haven't gotten the R then there's still a chance. :)
I'm SO strongly holding onto this hope!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it valid to call and ask when to expect interview decisions? Interviewed 11/01
Yes, you can always ask. I asked another med school, and they gave me a date of when to hear back.

Reactions: 1 users
Is UCI still sendings IIs? I havent seen any posts recently but I remember their admissions saying they interview until April

Reactions: 4 users
Any fellow 12/12 interviewees waiting to hear back? Any idea when they’ll send decisions? It seems one person was already accepted

Any fellow 12/12 interviewees waiting to hear back? Any idea when they’ll send decisions? It seems one person was already accepted
I interviewed early Dec. and they said probably early January for decisions. I haven’t heard anything.

Interviewed early Dec 22. Still waiting for the decision...

Last edited:
has anyone got any information for any accepted students second look days or anything? :)

has anyone got any information for any accepted students second look days or anything? :)
I reached out right after new year and they said they are working on it. Probably some time at the end of Feb or so (but don't quote me on this). There will be virtual and in person events.

• Care
I really hope so because I've submitted two 500-char updates via my portal. Silence since I submitted my app though..
+1, I keep telling myself they interview through April so there's still a chance in the next two months to hear back.

I reached out right after new year and they said they are working on it. Probably some time at the end of Feb or so (but don't quote me on this). There will be virtual and in person events.
thanks!! :)

Interviewed early Dec, but have not received any decision yet. Anybody in the same boat? I have heard the decision for the school takes around 6-8 weeks at the latest. Getting little worried now.

Interviewed early Dec, but have not received any decision yet. Anybody in the same boat? I have heard the decision for the school takes around 6-8 weeks at the latest. Getting little worried now.
i interviewed beginning of nov, and it took me around 6 weeks to hear back, i think they release decisions in bigger batches so hang in there!

I interviewed early Dec as well! Haven't received anything yet.

I emailed them in early jan and on 1/13 they responded that accepted students day will be in-person March 6 and virtual on April 24

• Care
Got the email about an hour ago for the in-person accepted student/second look day.

Does anyone here know historically what the waitlist movement is like for this school?