2022-2023 Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks, @doge2000 for sharing this year's questions!

2022-2023 Arizona - Phoenix Secondary Essay Prompts

1. What achievement are you most proud of in your life? What aspect(s) of this achievement will you bring to our medical school? (1000 characters)

2. The UA College of Medicine - Phoenix practices Inclusive Excellence, which celebrates the differences, talents, and unique qualities of all individuals. Please describe how you will pursue Inclusive Excellence in your studies while contributing to the collaborative environment at the College of Medicine - Phoenix. (1000 characters)

3. Servant Leadership is a Core Value and Attribute we deem essential for our students to possess. To us, it is service to others where one possesses personal humility along with a strong professional will. Describe a time where you have practiced this skill or have seen this in another. What traits were exemplified, and how will you apply these traits to your career in medicine? (1000 characters)

4. Throughout your application you have given us a sense of how you intend to contribute to the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix. We would now like to know about how you anticipate the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix will contribute to your goals and passion for medicine. What aspects of our program and community appeals most to you, and how do you plan to make use of specific resources and opportunities here? (1000 characters)

5. Were there any significant disruptions in your academic, volunteer, work, or personal life related to COVID-19 that you would like to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee? (optional, 1000 characters)

6. Please reflect on your entire application, is there anything you would like to further share with the Admissions Committee? Items to consider: connection(s) to Phoenix and/or our medical community, your plan during this application season, gap(s) in your education, personal and/or academic challenges. Do not repeat any information already mentioned in the primary or secondary applications. (optional, 1000 characters)

7. I previously applied to any medical school (select yes if you submitted a primary or secondary application). (Yes/No)
If yes, please provide specific examples that illustrate how you are a stronger applicant this cycle. (optional, 1000 characters)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
@wysdoc here are the secondaries:

What achievement are you most proud of in your life? What aspect(s) of this achievement will you bring to our medical school? (1000 characters)

The UA College of Medicine - Phoenix practices Inclusive Excellence, which celebrates the differences, talents, and unique qualities of all individuals. Please describe how you will pursue Inclusive Excellence in your studies while contributing to the collaborative environment at the College of Medicine - Phoenix. (1000 characters)

Servant Leadership is a Core Value and Attribute we deem essential for our students to possess. To us, it is service to others where one possesses personal humility along with a strong professional will. Describe a time where you have practiced this skill or have seen this in another. What traits were exemplified, and how will you apply these traits to your career in medicine? (1000 characters)

Throughout your application you have given us a sense of how you intend to contribute to the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix. We would now like to know about how you anticipate the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix will contribute to your goals and passion for medicine. What aspects of our program and community appeals most to you, and how do you plan to make use of specific resources and opportunities here? (1000 characters)

Were there any significant disruptions in your academic, volunteer, work, or personal life related to COVID-19 that you would like to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee? (optional, 1000 characters)

Please reflect on your entire application, is there anything you would like to further share with the Admissions Committee? Items to consider: connection(s) to Phoenix and/or our medical community, your plan during this application season, gap(s) in your education, personal and/or academic challenges. Do not repeat any information already mentioned in the primary or secondary applications. (optional, 1000 characters)

I previously applied to any medical school (select yes if you submitted a primary or secondary application). (Yes/No)

If yes, please provide specific examples that illustrate how you are a stronger applicant this cycle. (optional, 1000 characters)

any advice on how to answer #2? it's like a diversity essay but also...not

How long would you wait to get the hint that they won't send out a secondary? OOS nontrad here :')

secondary received 6/24 OOS URM non-trad, completed and submitted 6/27

UA Phoenix doesn’t send complete emails right?

Reactions: 1 user
I am also confused about #2. Is it asking what unique qualities/backgrounds we possess that will add to UA Phoenix? Or is it asking how we plan to increase inclusivity once we are a student there?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also confused about #2. Is it asking what unique qualities/backgrounds we possess that will add to UA Phoenix? Or is it asking how we plan to increase inclusivity once we are a student there?
I looked up their definition of Inclusive Excellence and Sevant Leadership on the website to answer their respective questions. Tried to weave what their definitions stated within what I touched on in my answers, if that makes sense.

I looked up their definition of Inclusive Excellence and Sevant Leadership on the website to answer their respective questions. Tried to weave what their definitions stated within what I touched on in my answers, if that makes sense.

So did you talk about past experiences where you demonstrated inclusive excellence or did you talk about how you plan to implement inclusive excellence as a medical student (in the future)? I guess I’m most confused on that part.

So did you talk about past experiences where you demonstrated inclusive excellence or did you talk about how you plan to implement inclusive excellence as a medical student (in the future)? I guess I’m most confused on that part.
Question 2 is essentially your diversity essay. Talk at the end of your essay how you can want to promote inclusion.

Recieved the "Secondary Received" email just before noon AZ time. My heart dropped to my stomach when I saw who it was from but then I realized it was a complete email. And now we wait...

Reactions: 1 users
For those that submitted already, how long did it take for you to receive a complete email?

II, OOS It's crazy fast. Secondary submitted 7/5

II, OOS, for other people receiving an interview invite, did you have multiple interview date options or just one

Last edited:
II, IS, 1 option as well
Dang that's so early. I submitted day 1 and have competitive stats, I thought :(. Hopefully they are just going in their own unique order haha. Otherwise im in for the long haul.

Received secondary IS. Verified today 7/19.

The admissions office reached out to me to confirm coursework and ensure that my courses matched their requirements. Is this standard or is that probably a good sign? I know that's a stupid question and I should just wait but I was curious if this has happened to anyone else.

The admissions office reached out to me to confirm coursework and ensure that my courses matched their requirements. Is this standard or is that probably a good sign? I know that's a stupid question and I should just wait but I was curious if this has happened to anyone else.
Also happened to me yesterday, not sure how to take it exactly.

In state II finally! Lizzy M 73, ORM, secondary submit 6/25. super pumped and nervous :)

Last edited:
Does anybody know what time the Sunday mixer is the night before the interview? I'm driving back from California that night but would like to attend, so I need to plan around that.

Recieved the "Secondary Received" email just before noon AZ time. My heart dropped to my stomach when I saw who it was from but then I realized it was a complete email. And now we wait...
how long after did you get an email for whether you received a secondary?

Does anybody know what time the Sunday mixer is the night before the interview? I'm driving back from California that night but would like to attend, so I need to plan around that.
They are sending info on August 10th. They briefly mentioned to me that it was in a hotel near campus, but didnt specify if it was getting to know each other, the ADCOMS, or them just telling you where campus was and where to park etc. So idk if its helpful/cool or not useful if you know where to go.

what is the sunday mixer?

Has anyone received an interview recently? This is one of my top choice schools, I'm really antsy!

Has anyone received an interview recently? This is one of my top choice schools, I'm really antsy!
They typically release them every in batches on Mondays every two weeks, so I would expect them to release another batch this coming Monday.

They typically release them every in batches on Mondays every two weeks, so I would expect them to release another batch this coming Monday.
Ugh thank you sm for this info!

II just now!!!! First one of the cycle ahhhh I’m so happy! IS LM >80

• Love
Reactions: 4 users