2022-2023 UT Tyler

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
but i haven’t heard of anyone who wasn’t born/raised in ETX/adjacent who’s gotten in so far aka people who came here for college and have other ties
 
2nd Pre II R received today!!!! [emoji33][emoji36][emoji24][emoji23]🥸[emoji2959][emoji3062][emoji847][emoji851]

To be fair I didn’t even complete the secondary because it was too long and I felt like I didn’t fit the rural east texas mission.
 
2nd Pre II R received today!!!! [emoji33][emoji36][emoji24][emoji23]🥸[emoji2959][emoji3062][emoji847][emoji851]

To be fair I didn’t even complete the secondary because it was too long and I felt like I didn’t fit the rural east texas mission.
Yeah, this one’s on you with an incomplete app. Sorry about the double whammy tho
 
2nd Pre II R received today!!!! [emoji33][emoji36][emoji24][emoji23]🥸[emoji2959][emoji3062][emoji847][emoji851]

To be fair I didn’t even complete the secondary because it was too long and I felt like I didn’t fit the rural east texas mission.
So not really a rejection since technically you never applied, also this was not long at all..... but hope you get in somewhere where you really wish to be.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2nd Pre II R received today!!!! [emoji33][emoji36][emoji24][emoji23]🥸[emoji2959][emoji3062][emoji847][emoji851]

To be fair I didn’t even complete the secondary because it was too long and I felt like I didn’t fit the rural east texas mission.
In theory this should have come out when the last date for secondary was missed.
 
Did anyone get medical policy MMI senerios? I'm set for the 19th and have been preparing with the Premed Playbook by Ryan Gray and youtube/consulting videos. Did anyone get the why do you want to be a doctor or why medicine question?
 
Sorry to hijack this thread off topic but is anyone here from or familiar with Tyler? I'm figuring out my rank list for residency and really need insight on the location. Don't know where else to ask. Please PM me!
 
Sorry to hijack this thread off topic but is anyone here from or familiar with Tyler? I'm figuring out my rank list for residency and really need insight on the location. Don't know where else to ask. Please PM me!
i live here! you/anyone else can message me with any questions!
 
Sorry to hijack this thread off topic but is anyone here from or familiar with Tyler? I'm figuring out my rank list for residency and really need insight on the location. Don't know where else to ask. Please PM me!
I lived there for year before the air force... it's a really clean town and conservative. Residency? This is the first medical school class.... there won't be placement stats yet. Or are you finding living/residency preferences? Don't go past the square or the Azalea district in terms of lodging...
 
Sorry to hijack this thread off topic but is anyone here from or familiar with Tyler? I'm figuring out my rank list for residency and really need insight on the location. Don't know where else to ask. Please PM me!
I live here as well and know some of the UT residents and residency faculty. You can message me w any questions as well!
 
I lived there for year before the air force... it's a really clean town and conservative. Residency? This is the first medical school class.... there won't be placement stats yet. Or are you finding living/residency preferences? Don't go past the square or the Azalea district in terms of lodging...
There have been residents for a while at UT Tyler, just not a medical school.
 
I lived there for year before the air force... it's a really clean town and conservative. Residency? This is the first medical school class.... there won't be placement stats yet. Or are you finding living/residency preferences? Don't go past the square or the Azalea district in terms of lodging...
Sorry for the confusion I'm an M4 who interviewed at a residency program at Tyler (they have residents but just starting out with med students). I don't know who to ask about the location so I thought I'd ask here
 
Sorry for the confusion I'm an M4 who interviewed at a residency program at Tyler (they have residents but just starting out with med students). I don't know who to ask about the location so I thought I'd ask here
I think you are fine to ask this question here. I hope you can get the information you're looking for from the SDN members who offered to chat with you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As I am preparing for next cycle and have no shame, I asked the million dollar question about II's and when will the final deadline date for rejections to be sent out.

The response from Admissions was the following:
---
Hello,



Thank you for your continued interest in the UT Tyler School of Medicine. Currently all of our interview spots have been filled. However, if a spot opens up we will review your application to see if an interview can be granted. After our last interview is finished on January 26, we will send out a notification to all applicants letting them know our interview cycle is complete.



We will be hosting two virtual reapplication workshops on April 3rd and 7th for candidates interested in speaking with our admissions team about improving their application for next cycle. Registration details will be posted on our website soon.

---

So this answers my question, they hold onto some applicants if spots open up as backups.......then rejection letters will go out. There is no set deadline.

Hope this helps for everyone.
 
As I am preparing for next cycle and have no shame, I asked the million dollar question about II's and when will the final deadline date for rejections to be sent out.

The response from Admissions was the following:
---
Hello,



Thank you for your continued interest in the UT Tyler School of Medicine. Currently all of our interview spots have been filled. However, if a spot opens up we will review your application to see if an interview can be granted. After our last interview is finished on January 26, we will send out a notification to all applicants letting them know our interview cycle is complete.



We will be hosting two virtual reapplication workshops on April 3rd and 7th for candidates interested in speaking with our admissions team about improving their application for next cycle. Registration details will be posted on our website soon.

---

So this answers my question, they hold onto some applicants if spots open up as backups.......then rejection letters will go out. There is no set deadline.

Hope this helps for everyone.
In other words, if they have not rejected you already.....they are holding onto you in case an interview slot opens, if nothing opens....then you will get your rejection letter. If you already got your rejection letter pre-II then you were not put in the II hold for interview slot status. Something like that basically.

It also means, for those that have a January interview slot filled, if you have no intention of fully being admitted here it would be kind to cancel the interview to give another pre-II applicant who is on hold the shot for II opportunity.

Cheers to all!
 
Last edited:
I'm trying to determine if bringing my wife and kid to the preinterview Meet and Greet would be detrimental to the selection process. I can see it being judged both ways. Can anyone advise?
 
I'm trying to determine if bringing my wife and kid to the preinterview Meet and Greet would be detrimental to the selection process. I can see it being judged both ways. Can anyone advise?
My fiancé was with me. Other students had their parents and or family members. There were no children present however. I would probably advise you to find a sitter if possible. Just my two cents.
 
My fiancé was with me. Other students had their parents and or family members. There were no children present however. I would probably advise you to find a sitter if possible. Just my two cents.

There were a lot of people who brought significant others and we had one small child at mine. The faculty were really nice about it. I can’t say how it would be judged but Tyler is a really family oriented community.
 
As I am preparing for next cycle and have no shame, I asked the million dollar question about II's and when will the final deadline date for rejections to be sent out.

The response from Admissions was the following:
---
Hello,



Thank you for your continued interest in the UT Tyler School of Medicine. Currently all of our interview spots have been filled. However, if a spot opens up we will review your application to see if an interview can be granted. After our last interview is finished on January 26, we will send out a notification to all applicants letting them know our interview cycle is complete.



We will be hosting two virtual reapplication workshops on April 3rd and 7th for candidates interested in speaking with our admissions team about improving their application for next cycle. Registration details will be posted on our website soon.

---

So this answers my question, they hold onto some applicants if spots open up as backups.......then rejection letters will go out. There is no set deadline.

Hope this helps for everyone.
So they are done, no one will turn down an interview.
 
There were a lot of people who brought significant others and we had one small child at mine. The faculty were really nice about it. I can’t say how it would be judged but Tyler is a really family oriented community.
They may have been nice about it, but this is a high- stakes interview and much like a job interview. I don’t recommend bringing your children to it.
Later after admission they may have some welcome days and that’s a different story.
 
There were two elementary-aged children at ours and the Dean(pediatrician) mentioned that he loved to see them there in his introduction. 🤷
Yeah, Dr. Willis has opened up multiple programs now. I have a two year old girl who might be disruptive. I'll probably get a parent to take her so the wife who's an oncology nurse can check out the system....she's considering a Master's depending if there's an offer or not. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm trying to determine if bringing my wife and kid to the preinterview Meet and Greet would be detrimental to the selection process. I can see it being judged both ways. Can anyone advise?
Imo. If they are the two people you would want to bring, you should bring them. Period. Show you. If you are reviewed negatively because your two significant people are your wife and child, that would be a shame to the school. I do not believe this school would see it negatively.
 
Imo. If they are the two people you would want to bring, you should bring them. Period. Show you. If you are reviewed negatively because your two significant people are your wife and child, that would be a shame to the school. I do not believe this school would see it negatively.
Thanks