2022-2023 UT Tyler

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m prewriting just in case and waiting for my app to be verified, but how awful would it be if I’m not close to 500 words for the essays? I always hear that you shouldn’t be too flowery and if you can say it with fewer words, the better. Is there a minimum number of words we should enter? Thanks for the help!
75% is a good baseline minimum

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
75% is a good baseline minimum
That’s honestly very high, I don’t think you need to shoot for that. These are a maximum word count, and I just think they want to give you space if you have a ton of genuine insight, but avoid repeating yourself or using fluff. I wouldn’t aim for a specific percentage, but just say as much as you possibly can, review/revise it, and then move on.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II TODAY AHHHH!!!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Wow that’s insane, congratulations. What interview dates were available if you don’t mind me asking?
I know- very excited. Sept 8 + 18 is what I saw but I didn't look past that.

I know- very excited. Sept 8 + 18 is what I saw but I didn't look past that.
Praying I can get a II from there. I feel like I’m a good fit especially since I’ve lived in the area my whole life, but we’ll see.

The interview is in person, correct? Also, have the released how many students they plan on interviewing this year or nah?

Praying I can get a II from there. I feel like I’m a good fit especially since I’ve lived in the area my whole life, but we’ll see.

The interview is in person, correct? Also, have the released how many students they plan on interviewing this year or nah?

In person! And I haven’t seen anything!

Members don't see this ad :)
Omg huge congrats!!!!!!! May I ask for your stats and if you stay in Tyler, Texas?
stats are not great but i do have very strong extracurricular list and am very aligned with their mission. I've been in etx for 5 years.

Reactions: 1 users
stats are not great but i do have very strong extracurricular list and am very aligned with their mission. I've been in etx for 5 years.
Don't sell yourself short. Always be proud of your stats if you did the best you could. Congratulations again!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Wow IS II received… I’m so happy this is my dream school😁LM ~71

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
II today! really interested in this school! Complete 7/31

CONGRATS!! I wonder what order they're going in as someone who submitted 8/9 also got an II.
My guess is that they're putting people with ties to East Texas at the top of their review pile, but I have no idea if all the people getting interviews have ties to East Texas so its just speculation :unsure:

My guess is that they're putting people with ties to East Texas at the top of their review pile, but I have no idea if all the people getting interviews have ties to East Texas so its just speculation :unsure:
I have ties to East Texas, and it seems plausible that is who they’re prioritizing initially

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what their class size is going to be?

II today. I am a native Houstonian with volunteer ties to East Texas. I am considered Gulf Coast....so seems like they might be moving outward slowly lol

II today. I am a native Houstonian with volunteer ties to East Texas. I am considered Gulf Coast....so seems like they might be moving outward slowly lol
Congrats!!

I lived in ETX for 2 years, and Tyler is just 2 hours away from me. I'm a little bit obsessed with the organization of the program: a strong focus on preventative health (nutrition, etc.), dedicated time for both STEPs, small class size...I'm really hoping for a little love for this North Texas native.

SLOWLY but SURELY! 🫠

We can only hope and pray!

Tyler resident here... still crickets!
Same, starting to think my applications have lamb's blood on them lol... I submitted all of my TMDSAS in late june/early july and I have heard nothing. I know we aren't supposed to worry yet bc its so early but I just want to get one IIo_O

• Care
Same, starting to think my applications have lamb's blood on them lol... I submitted all of my TMDSAS in late june/early july and I have heard nothing. I know we aren't supposed to worry yet bc its so early but I just want to get one IIo_O
lamb's blood is good stuff in the Bible belt lol

I imagine by now most schools should surely have my application hung high above every adcom member’s desk as an example of who not to accept.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I imagine by now most schools should surely have my application hung high above every adcom member’s desk as an example of who not to accept.
I love to think this video is a representation of what happens as soon as my secondary fee CC transaction goes through at schools

• Haha
I love to think this video is a representation of what happens as soon as my secondary fee CC transaction goes through at schools

I bet mine isn’t worth the paper or the ink in their eyes 😂😂😂

• Haha
II! submitted secondary 8/23 but I am from East Texas!

• Love
@wysdoc do you think it is a bad idea to schedule an interview almost 2 months in advance? I scheduled for October 15th since it's on a Saturday and it's very hard for me to get time off of work on the other 2 dates they had available in September.
Hey make it work for you. This one being in person requires more planning.

Thank you! I know I'm overthinking but wasn't sure how this would be viewed.
The real issue is that you are picking a date that makes you ineligible for first prematches that are announced on October 15th.

The real issue is that you are picking a date that makes you ineligible for first prematches that are announced on October 15th.
TBH, even interviewing shortly before pre-match day doesn't assure that they will have discussed your interview day by October 15th.
I think TX applicants put way too much pressure on themselves about a pre-match offer.

I wanted to schedule mine asap but only dates available when I logged in was in November and afterwards. I was a little bummed about it