You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 West Virginia University
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II today! OOS but live near WV border, 3.87/517, complete 7/9.
OOS II waitlist. Have no clue what my odds are but staying hopeful!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II! No ties, completed 7/20
Nintendodude
Full Member
OOS, waitlisted for interview 8/2/22. Complete 7/19/22
Gee didn't realize how soon alot of people applied here, I was hoping to submit my secondary this week, does anyone think i'm too late?
shoot your shot, you'll be fine. this school sent out the first wave extremely early for some reasonGee didn't realize how soon alot of people applied here, I was hoping to submit my secondary this week, does anyone think i'm too late?
I got an interview invite on August 2nd. OOS 513/3.81. Scheduled for November 7th, which is weirdly far away. Let me know if anyone knows details on how the interview is!
when were you complete?II waitlist today! OOS, 3.83, 508
congratulations!! When were you complete?I got an interview invite on August 2nd. OOS 513/3.81. Scheduled for November 7th, which is weirdly far away. Let me know if anyone knows details on how the interview is!
Submitted my secondary 7/20when were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 7/20. I have no ties except the fact that my sister is starting her PhD in Sports Psychology at WVU this year.congratulations!! When were you complete?
OOS post secondary R. Submitted 7/23 and LM 67. Good luck to everyone else 🙂
R today too with similar info like yours...OOS post secondary R. Submitted 7/23 and LM 67. Good luck to everyone else 🙂
KoichiHirose
Full Member
Submitted secondary 7/25, interview waitlist today, OOS 521/3.97
OOS II received today, secondary submitted 7/28. LM 68 with strong ties & top quartile CASPER
Last edited:
LudicoloCanMove
Full Member
OOS II waitlist received this morning also. From a neighboring state. Complete 8/5, LM 68.
OOS II waitlist, complete 7/14, LM 70. To be honest I was really excited getting this email because it's the farthest I've gotten in any cycle 🙂
D
deleted1022805
Any med students on here so I can ask a few questions?
gone_fishing01
Full Member
Just received OOS II waitlist email
happycheeto
New Member
MS1 at WVU, feel free to PM / ask on here!Any med students on here so I can ask a few questions?
OOS II waitlist. 3.3 cGPA, 510 MCAT. Given the stats of the other people waitlisted, I think this is a soft R lmaooo.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thegoodfuturedoctor
Full Member
It’s not a soft R, I was looking at last year’s thread and people started getting off the waitlist in November!OOS II waitlist. 3.3 cGPA, 510 MCAT. Given the stats of the other people waitlisted, I think this is a soft R lmaooo.
OOS II WL. MCAT < 510
First thing I’ve heard all cycle.
First thing I’ve heard all cycle.
Last edited:
Just got out of my interview. Interviewers we’re very talkative and down to earth. They said we will find out the week after October 15th (around the 17th or 18th) since the 15th is on a Saturday.
Wait really? What does an II Waitlist even mean? I got the email a few days ago
TheGabagool
Full Member
II Waitlist, OOS. I believe this is something that is historically unique to WVU. They stopped providing ranking information on this II waitlist last year I believe, so might have to do with an issue filling a quota at the end of the season(?)
If I don't hear back from them in a month, I'll probably end up giving them a soft check-in email.
If I don't hear back from them in a month, I'll probably end up giving them a soft check-in email.
barelyhangingon
New Member
II coming up this week!!
lil_raisin
Full Member
How did your interview go?! Was a pre-set list of questions or did they make it seem more like a conversation?II coming up this week!!
barelyhangingon
New Member
It went great! I prepared a decent amount though...not overly rehearsed but just had thought through possible questions out loud many times. I would say that it was somewhat conversational but they definitely had prepared a list of questions. They were also very friendly and complimentary so that made it a little bit nicer.How did your interview go?! Was a pre-set list of questions or did they make it seem more like a conversation?
Post Secondary R received this morning
Post Secondary R received this morning
I’m sorry about that. Where you ever on the II waitlist?
Nope, It was probably my low MCAT score, but I'm nontrad so I was hoping my app would balance out a low score. I know applying MD is a reach for me, I have 2 DO II though so I'm doing alright!I’m sorry about that. Where you ever on the II waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
confusedonceagain
Full Member
In terms of picking campuses post-interview, is it like a google form or do they expect you to explain your rationale? Does anyone know?
They send a form and you just rank the choices -- no explanation needed. I filled out the form after my interview on 9/29.In terms of picking campuses post-interview, is it like a google form or do they expect you to explain your rationale? Does anyone know?
Pre-II R. Completely understand why though, my academics are below average compared to their averages! I have great extracurriculars, activities, leadership, 2 years of full-time research, but that's likely not enough to make me stand out to all universities. Good luck to the rest of you though <3.