2023-2024 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know when cmed typically sends out the first wave of As? is it 10/16?
According to MSAR, they may still send out As on the 15th!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Still waiting for a II ayy. Complete in July ✌🏽

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Based on past years I think 10/16 this year since 10/15 falls on a sunday… I’m hoping !!
I interviewed today, and they said Sunday the 15th was when emails would go out from what I understood, which I thought was a strange day to do it. However, they also said not to expect an email bc our interview/application wouldn’t be viewed in time, cause, three days.

I interviewed today, and they said Sunday the 15th was when emails would go out from what I understood, which I thought was a strange day to do it. However, they also said not to expect an email bc our interview/application wouldn’t be viewed in time, cause, three days.
This has me refreshing my email like crazy lol. I interviewed at the end of August!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else from the 8/25 interview day not heard anything yet?

WL just now, OOS interviewed 10/6

Also a rep told me at an expo back in March/April that they do not look at sub scores, not sure how relevant it might be, but in case anyone may find it helpful.
Lol super helpful. Cause I got a 130 CARS and...not that on C/P lol Thank you for sharing.

Can anyone who interviewed already PM me some advice? Never had an MMI interview and I'm super nervous for my interview next week.

Can anyone who interviewed already PM me some advice? Never had an MMI interview and I'm super nervous for my interview next weOn t
On the same boat. Can people who already interviewed share some preparation tips pleasee

Can anyone who interviewed already PM me some advice? Never had an MMI interview and I'm super nervous for my interview next week.
On the same boat. Can people who already interviewed share some preparation tips pleasee
I personally thought the interview day was very laid back. The MMI questions were pretty simple and there was more than enough time to gather your thoughts.

IS LM 71, Accepted 10/17, Interviewed 9/29

Last edited:
Can anyone share MMI tips please, I know there is a non-disclosure but just generally can we expect just MMI style questions?

Can anyone share MMI tips please, I know there is a non-disclosure but just generally can we expect just MMI style questions?
I just finished my interview and the MMI questions were pretty standard, not too bad. And they’ll be some follow up questions so don’t yap for too long (like I did lol)

anyone interview on 9/15 and still not hear back?

Continued interest email received just now. Does it mean anything? I'm OOS LM 70

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Those who have already interviewed/accepted: how did you prepare for the interview? This is my first MMI so kinda nervous

something weird just happened to me rn. At 11:55am i got the "continued interest" email and right now about 2 hours later, I received another notification from CMed via gmail and when I opened it is legit just blank; an empty email. Did anyone else get this blank, empty email?
1698860986414.png

something weird just happened to me rn. At 11:55am i got the "continued interest" email and right now about 2 hours later, I received another notification from CMed via gmail and when I opened it is legit just blank; an empty email. Did anyone else get this blank, empty email?
View attachment 378587
My Gmail does that sometimes. Click on the three dot to expand the email. It's probably the same email, sent twice, but double check

Those who have already interviewed/accepted: how did you prepare for the interview? This is my first MMI so kinda nervous
This was my first interview back in August, and I only had 3 things prepared. It worked out well because I got my A in October!

1) My answer for "why medicine?"
2) Answer for "why CMU?"
3) Questions to ask faculty/administrators

Have a notepad ready for the MMI and jot down all the bullet points you want to address. I also HIGHLY recommend thinking of a real-life experience you've had relating to each MMI scenario they give you. Several of my MMI prompts had a follow-up of "have you experienced something like this in school/work, etc."?

Best of luck!

Reactions: 3 users