Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sammmee. i’m also OOSContinued interest email received just now. Does it mean anything? I'm OOS LM 70
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sammmee. i’m also OOSContinued interest email received just now. Does it mean anything? I'm OOS LM 70
I'm wondering the same thing. I've applied previously and never got that email, just the rejection come spring.Continued interest email received just now. Does it mean anything? I'm OOS LM 70
Here's hoping that you will get an II this cycle. Everyone tells me it's not over until March. So hang in there friend!!!!I'm wondering the same thing. I've applied previously and never got that email, just the rejection come spring.
Interviewed today and I was told that some (very rarely) hear back in two weeks and most in 6-8 weeks, though it may take a few months to hear back. They also said there was no ghosting, so we should hear back eventually for an A, WL, or R.What is a rough timeframe to hear back after interview. I remember they said something about 6 weeks but don’t remember for certain.
According to MSAR, it was ~19.5% last year (103 As, 528 IIs)Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate?
Was it A?I heard back in 10 days after my interview lol
probably 30-50% based on what I've seen from other programsDoes anyone know the post interview acceptance rate?
same, IS LM 63+1 IS LM 62
this would make more sense considering how many people could have been accepted but chose to go elsewhere.probably 30-50% based on what I've seen from other programs
this made me feel way better thank youHad my interview last week and jotted down some info for those still waiting.
They are expecting 14 total interview dates and the 7th of 14 was 11/10. They start in October and will interview all the way until March. There will be no waitlist movement until after April 30th. They are projecting to interview roughly 500 or so applicants for 104 spots.
Hope that helps.
it goes to everyone who interviewedI got a continued interest email yesterday inviting me to RTM: All-Access event in person, does anyone know if this is a good sign? I can't find any info about it besides what they've sent me and it's not even on the RTM schedule post II, wondering if it went out to all postII like RTM ot different group of people - interviewed 10/6 still waiting to hear
My conspiracy theory mind is telling me that they want to see who is really interested in the school so they kept it lowkey and in-person lolhmmm, why do you think they didn't talk about it during the RTM zoom last night? just seemed like maybe it was in a different category since it wasn't listed in the normal RTM module in the portal
Interviewed 10/6 and I received it as well. I was a bit confused as I recall admissions stating it was only open to people who had received an acceptance due to limited spaceI got a continued interest email yesterday inviting me to RTM: All-Access event in person, does anyone know if this is a good sign? I can't find any info about it besides what they've sent me and it's not even on the RTM schedule post II, wondering if it went out to all postII like RTM ot different group of people - interviewed 10/6 still waiting to hear
I think that probably sums it up. I’m just really curious about whether it went to everyone who interviewed or not. I am almost sure the head of admissions stated that only accepted students could be accommodated due to limited space. However, as at least a few of us who interviewed are seeing, the invite came to us without a decision. I’m usually cautious in my optimism, but would they really send out an invite to people who interviewed to come tour their campus, especially those who are out of state, if they weren’t seriously considering them for acceptance? I wish I had more information as that would help inform my decision whether I choose to go or not.What are people's opinion about this in-person event? It seems very informative and given the agenda, looks to be a fairly major event. But its quite the time commitment during a busy season for work for me.
I'm taking it as "good if you go, won't hurt your chances if you don't go?"
Fantastic interview experience. I was particularly nervous as it was my first ever - everyone was welcoming and truly wanted to hold meaningful conversations. The group interview was equally enjoyable! I am biased to how awesome you are 😉
Best of luck everyone!
Yeah, other schools had a debrief or time for questions but CMU was "thanks, off ya go." Not good or bad imo, just different.Do you feel like the interview ended abruptly?
Mine did too. Perhaps it was so they could group all of the other interview sessions that day together in one big Q&A sesh. Personally, I didn't mind the abrupt ending and I didn't have further questions but I can see how others may have felt the lack of debrief was abrupt.My interview day had an optional Q&A two hours after the interview? So you were able to ask questions.
I didn’t get this email because I’ve interviewed, but I know they extend interview invites all the way into March, so I wouldn’t lose hope!Is that an all applicants email or i should feel there is hope? When is the November/December Interview if anyone got?
"Thank you for your continued interest in the Central Michigan University College of Medicine. We are currenly in the process of reviewing all secondary applications. While the review process continues, we did want to let you know, that your application is still under consideration."
I got this email but I have yet to be interviewedIs that an all applicants email or i should feel there is hope? When is the November/December Interview if anyone got?
"Thank you for your continued interest in the Central Michigan University College of Medicine. We are currenly in the process of reviewing all secondary applications. While the review process continues, we did want to let you know, that your application is still under consideration."
It just means they haven’t looked at you yet. No rejection or II but it’s still possible til march. Everyone who hasn’t had II or R gets this email and they send one once a monthIs that an all applicants email or i should feel there is hope? When is the November/December Interview if anyone got?
"Thank you for your continued interest in the Central Michigan University College of Medicine. We are currenly in the process of reviewing all secondary applications. While the review process continues, we did want to let you know, that your application is still under consideration."
interview date?Acceptance!
interview date?OOS A
oct 27interview date?
Are you IS or OOS?Interviewed 10/6 and still waiting to hear back. Will be attending in-person open house this weekend.
Also interviewed 10/6 still waiting to hear back also going to open house this weekend, ISInterviewed 10/6 and still waiting to hear back. Will be attending in-person open house this weekend.
They had a pretty good number of offers to WL last year starting in April when people with multiple acceptances had to narrow down their lists.Interviewed on 11/10 and just got waitlisted on 11/28. Any idea on the size of the WL and the percent accepted from WL?
- In-State
- 517 MCAT
- GPA: 3.4 / Masters GPA: 3.96
- 1st Author Publication
Out of stateAre you IS or OOS?
Digging through past threads, it seems that if you do not hear back within 6-8 weeks of your interview, you are likely to receive a rejection in mid to late April :/What's everyone's take on decision/no decision? I'm still waiting from 10/6 interview but I also haven't been waitlisted? I'm not sure how the process works and if no news is considered good news etc. and when they typically admit the most students.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.