You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Dartmouth (Geisel)
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
helloworld172
Full Member
Congrats!!! Email or phone call?OOS A this morning! Interviewed 11/17! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bewhj
Full Member
Email!Congrats!!! Email or phone call?
BitofNothin
Full Member
Wondering the same thing, feel like its probably a WL/R for people who interviewed over 2 months ago, haven't seen anyone getting acceptances recently from earlier interviews... Anyone know if they ramp up A's in the new year/ if they accept from interviews that occurred months ago?If its been silent since September interview, is there still a chance for acceptance or is it a waitlist/rejection?
Anyone know if Geisel accepts post-II letters of interest or intent?
Last edited:
z123456789
Full Member
I gotcha. Some people on this feed (few months ago) said that on their interview day they said they accept the majority of the class later at the end of the cycle.... so wasn't sure with this conflicting info...Wondering the same thing, feel like its probably a WL/R for people who interviewed over 2 months ago, haven't seen anyone getting acceptances recently from earlier interviews... Anyone know if they ramp up A's in the new year/ if they accept from interviews that occurred months ago?
BitofNothin
Full Member
Hmm yeah I don’t know, I looked at last years and it looks like if you don’t hear within a month or so it’s probably a WL/R but who knows anymoreI gotcha. Some people on this feed (few months ago) said that on their interview day they said they accept the majority of the class later at the end of the cycle.... so wasn't sure with this conflicting info...
premed2601
Full Member
Not sure if I missed it on here but does anyone knows if they accept post-II update letters?
always_hungry
Full Member
has anyone who interviewed around mid-november heard back yet
Cat_named_Book
Full Member
Hello! To anyone who is a medical student at Dartmouth, what are your opinions on the culture among students or between students and faculty? I am considering applying to Dartmouth, but am worried about the support from faculty following the cheating scandal. I would love any personal insight about this! Thank you!
Wasn't that 3 years ago?
^Yeah, lol.
I've met students from Dartmouth and they were great.
Waste of time to think about schools you're not interested in until you have acceptances in hand.
I've met students from Dartmouth and they were great.
Waste of time to think about schools you're not interested in until you have acceptances in hand.
I dont think it should be a reason to deter you from applying in the first place. Maybe if you had to choose between this school and another following acceptances, then it should be something taken into considerationHello! To anyone who is a medical student at Dartmouth, what are your opinions on the culture among students or between students and faculty? I am considering applying to Dartmouth, but am worried about the support from faculty following the cheating scandal. I would love any personal insight about this! Thank you!
Merged with existing school specific discussion threadWasn't that 3 years ago?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ruralfistula
Full Member
Hello! To anyone who is a medical student at Dartmouth, what are your opinions on the culture among students or between students and faculty? I am considering applying to Dartmouth, but am worried about the support from faculty following the cheating scandal. I would love any personal insight about this! Thank you!
A newly created account with this as their only comment? Seems suspicious to me.
D
deleted1139705
Are you implying that they’re a USSR sleeper agent/spy, rather than a curious premed who created an account to ask a question?A newly created account with this as their only comment? Seems suspicious to me.
Banksyluv89
Full Member
@Harvard come and get this future doctorAre you implying that they’re a USSR sleeper agent/spy, rather than a curious premed who created an account to ask a question?
Historically late November/early December post-interview acceptances come out next Friday 😧gonna be a slightly angsty next 7 days
Current 4th year. Geisel is overall good I think the worst part is rotations taking you all across NH, VT, and Cali but you get free housing if it's 1 hr away from campus. Can be difficult to get the best schedule of rotations for your specialty of interest but in the end it all works out. Admin is good and basically leaves you alone once 3rd year starts. Preclinicals feels like you're constantly being supervised and observed. Take step 1 seriously as I have heard from M2-M3s that many students failed step 1 when it went pass/fail. That's on the students more than the school since you get ample dedicated time in the curriculum. II's go to the strongest candidates/regional connections early on but many of my classmates were "late invites". In the end a lot of people interviewing realize they don't want to live in rural NH so the school goes down their list a decent bit. If you're really interested I think clear reasons "why Geisel and why rural NH" in a letter of interest will help especially if you're otherwise a strong candidate. good luck!
finally pre-II R, OOS
OOS II today! Complete early september.
backpackgf
Full Member
OOS R, LM 69, complete mid-Sept. Good luck to everybody still in it!
shortvanilla
Full Member
Ahhh. Complete 9/19 and still nothing. SO anxious lol!
I think they're pretty in line with most other schools on a trad/nontrad ratio. Their MSAR has 50/50 on trad/nontrad age groups too. But no R thus far is a good thing at Dartmouth, they go well into cycle.complete since mid-July. I am Trad so I don't know if that has something to do with this silence considering how much they presumably favor non trads
Same! No R and no II… so confusedcomplete since mid-July. I am Trad so I don't know if that has something to do with this silence considering how much they presumably favor non trads
ruralfistula
Full Member
I think they're pretty in line with most other schools on a trad/nontrad ratio. Their MSAR has 50/50 on trad/nontrad age groups too. But no R thus far is a good thing at Dartmouth, they go well into cycle.
They stated in the informational session they have a preference/skew (some word to that effect) for non-traditional students which they define as 26 or older.
Someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredoc17272278283
Full Member
OOS Pre II-R earlier today
luckycharms!
Full Member
How far into the cycle do they usually go? Still waiting without a r or ii 😭I think they're pretty in line with most other schools on a trad/nontrad ratio. Their MSAR has 50/50 on trad/nontrad age groups too. But no R thus far is a good thing at Dartmouth, they go well into cycle.
SunnySideUpPls
Full Member
They interview into mid March!How far into the cycle do they usually go? Still waiting without a r or ii 😭
when were you complete?OOS Pre II-R earlier today
futuredoc17272278283
Full Member
when were you complete?
7/23
+1 OOS A, interviewed 11/30. I am shaking!! So grateful to get an acceptance here. LM 71.
Last edited:
Congrats!!! When did you hear and was it email or phone?+1 OOS A, interviewed 11/30. I am shaking!! So grateful to get an acceptance here. LM 71.
10:53 AM EST, email. No update letter.Congrats!!! When did you hear and was it email or phone?
Last edited:
D
deleted1139705
R
Dr.MambaMentality
Full Member
Pre II R today
D
deleted1176037
OOS pre-II rejection
Completed August 7
Completed August 7
Dr.MambaMentality
Full Member
late Aug + sent update a few days agocan I ask when you guys were complete?
Caveat mTOR
Full Member
OOS Pre-II R, complete 8/16.
OOS II! Complete 9/10
Interviews available only on two dates: one the last week of Jan and the other in the first week of Feb!!
Interviews available only on two dates: one the last week of Jan and the other in the first week of Feb!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have my interview late this month here. Can anyone offer any advice regarding the Dartmouth interviews? Any tips to prepare? Especially with the group one.
OOS II! Complete 9/10
Interviews available only on two dates: one the last week of Jan and the other in the first week of Feb!!
Congratulations! Did u submit an update?OOS II! Complete 9/10
Interviews available only on two dates: one the last week of Jan and the other in the first week of Feb!!
What a king/queen. Did you submit an update to them?OOS II, will be withdrawing my app. Hope it goes to one of you
Thank you very much!! And I did not submit an update!Congratulations! Did u submit an update?