2023-2024 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 to the Pre-II R wave yesterday. Sad, but good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
If its been silent since September interview, is there still a chance for acceptance or is it a waitlist/rejection?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS A this morning! Interviewed 11/17! :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
If its been silent since September interview, is there still a chance for acceptance or is it a waitlist/rejection?
Wondering the same thing, feel like its probably a WL/R for people who interviewed over 2 months ago, haven't seen anyone getting acceptances recently from earlier interviews... Anyone know if they ramp up A's in the new year/ if they accept from interviews that occurred months ago?

• Care
Anyone know if Geisel accepts post-II letters of interest or intent?

Last edited:
Wondering the same thing, feel like its probably a WL/R for people who interviewed over 2 months ago, haven't seen anyone getting acceptances recently from earlier interviews... Anyone know if they ramp up A's in the new year/ if they accept from interviews that occurred months ago?
I gotcha. Some people on this feed (few months ago) said that on their interview day they said they accept the majority of the class later at the end of the cycle.... so wasn't sure with this conflicting info...

I gotcha. Some people on this feed (few months ago) said that on their interview day they said they accept the majority of the class later at the end of the cycle.... so wasn't sure with this conflicting info...
Hmm yeah I don’t know, I looked at last years and it looks like if you don’t hear within a month or so it’s probably a WL/R but who knows anymore

Not sure if I missed it on here but does anyone knows if they accept post-II update letters?

Hello! To anyone who is a medical student at Dartmouth, what are your opinions on the culture among students or between students and faculty? I am considering applying to Dartmouth, but am worried about the support from faculty following the cheating scandal. I would love any personal insight about this! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
^Yeah, lol.

I've met students from Dartmouth and they were great.

Waste of time to think about schools you're not interested in until you have acceptances in hand.

Hello! To anyone who is a medical student at Dartmouth, what are your opinions on the culture among students or between students and faculty? I am considering applying to Dartmouth, but am worried about the support from faculty following the cheating scandal. I would love any personal insight about this! Thank you!
I dont think it should be a reason to deter you from applying in the first place. Maybe if you had to choose between this school and another following acceptances, then it should be something taken into consideration

A newly created account with this as their only comment? Seems suspicious to me.

• Okay...
A newly created account with this as their only comment? Seems suspicious to me.
Are you implying that they’re a USSR sleeper agent/spy, rather than a curious premed who created an account to ask a question?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Historically late November/early December post-interview acceptances come out next Friday 😧gonna be a slightly angsty next 7 days

• Care
Current 4th year. Geisel is overall good I think the worst part is rotations taking you all across NH, VT, and Cali but you get free housing if it's 1 hr away from campus. Can be difficult to get the best schedule of rotations for your specialty of interest but in the end it all works out. Admin is good and basically leaves you alone once 3rd year starts. Preclinicals feels like you're constantly being supervised and observed. Take step 1 seriously as I have heard from M2-M3s that many students failed step 1 when it went pass/fail. That's on the students more than the school since you get ample dedicated time in the curriculum. II's go to the strongest candidates/regional connections early on but many of my classmates were "late invites". In the end a lot of people interviewing realize they don't want to live in rural NH so the school goes down their list a decent bit. If you're really interested I think clear reasons "why Geisel and why rural NH" in a letter of interest will help especially if you're otherwise a strong candidate. good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
OOS R, LM 69, complete mid-Sept. Good luck to everybody still in it!

• Care
Ahhh. Complete 9/19 and still nothing. SO anxious lol!

complete since mid-July. I am Trad so I don't know if that has something to do with this silence considering how much they presumably favor non trads

complete since mid-July. I am Trad so I don't know if that has something to do with this silence considering how much they presumably favor non trads
I think they're pretty in line with most other schools on a trad/nontrad ratio. Their MSAR has 50/50 on trad/nontrad age groups too. But no R thus far is a good thing at Dartmouth, they go well into cycle.

I think they're pretty in line with most other schools on a trad/nontrad ratio. Their MSAR has 50/50 on trad/nontrad age groups too. But no R thus far is a good thing at Dartmouth, they go well into cycle.

They stated in the informational session they have a preference/skew (some word to that effect) for non-traditional students which they define as 26 or older.

Someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

How far into the cycle do they usually go? Still waiting without a r or ii 😭

+1 OOS A, interviewed 11/30. I am shaking!! So grateful to get an acceptance here. LM 71.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
OOS II! Complete 9/10

Interviews available only on two dates: one the last week of Jan and the other in the first week of Feb!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
OOS II, will be withdrawing my app. Hope it goes to one of you

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I have my interview late this month here. Can anyone offer any advice regarding the Dartmouth interviews? Any tips to prepare? Especially with the group one.