2023-2024 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know where you are supposed to upload your headshot?
I think it was through the portal, but I could be mistaken. The email had more info about it!

Members don't see this ad.

Through the portal, after signing the attestations!
Oh! I don’t see the portal? Are we emailed a link closer to the interview date? Or do we not have the option to upload until 48 hours prior to interview?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Also having trouble finding both the attestations and the headshot upload link. I accessed my secondary application but all I see is a banner reminding me of my interview date and the stuff I submitted with my app.

Edit: just realized the email said they would be available within 48 hours of our interview. Lol I misread it and thought we needed to submit it before 48 hours. Just saved myself an embarrassing email.

Reactions: 1 users
Post II-R received sometime next month

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
Not my finest performance. It was a me problem, not them. Interview staff were friendly and I had a good time but half of my stations devolved into me babbling
head up king. Your babbling is probably einstein thesis tier

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not my finest performance. It was a me problem, not them. Interview staff were friendly and I had a good time but half of my stations devolved into me babbling
As someone who's also expecting a post-II R for similar reasons, please take solace in that:

1. The interview is just one component of your app. Outstanding stats may still get you above their acceptance threshold.
2. Even if you don't get into get yield protected by Duke, you have Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, Johns, Cornell, Yale, WashU, Penn, NYU, UCSF, [insert T20 here] as backups.

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
I was wondering if anyone has any info on whether there will be another II wave or the last interview dates for Duke? trying to see if I should hold out hope

Reactions: 2 users
I was wondering if anyone has any info on whether there will be another II wave or the last interview dates for Duke? trying to see if I should hold out hope
MAYbe one next week but that would be the last one

Is the mandatory post-interview survey anonymous? Not going to cast aspersions on them, just wondering

Reactions: 1 user
Is the mandatory post-interview survey anonymous? Not going to cast aspersions on them, just wondering
I think on my interview day Dean Yee said the feedback would be anonymous since they wanted genuine ways they could improve without interviewees feeling like they had to be completely positive

That interview was so exhausting but exciting. I'm on the lower stat end so I feel I needed to be near perfect and I definitely was NOT that looool but I'm still so grateful to have had the opportunity <3

That interview was so exhausting but exciting. I'm on the lower stat end so I feel I needed to be near perfect and I definitely was NOT that looool but I'm still so grateful to have had the opportunity <3
exactly how I felt after my interview too, fingers crossed for a good outcome for us tho! :)

y’all actually be out here getting into Duke n shi that’s crazy. cheers xoxo - lurker from the DO threads

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Do any MSTP applicants remember what they said about updates post interview?

Any idea when the results will be announced?
Duke will make calls to those accepted and send emails to those turned down or Waitlisted in mid to late February.
They don't sprinkle out acceptances before that.
Duke TimelineTheir webpage

II today! totally unexpected since I submitted my secondary on the deadline (11/14) I'm declining the interview so hopefully someone else can get the spot!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users
II today! totally unexpected since I submitted my secondary on the deadline (11/14) I'm declining the interview so hopefully someone else can get the spot!
the absolute chad move of turning down an interview from Duke of all places

Reactions: 9 users
So interviews are officially done being sent out or?

• Care
i think unless someone withdraws interview last min, they are done

Sad Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
duke i spent soooo much time on ur secondary, where my ii 😩
really feels like the schools I put the most effort into with respect to secondaries have ghosted me while the ones I just copy-pasted from my pre-writing spree sent me IIs😭😭 wtf is this process

• Care
Reactions: 17 users
really feels like the schools I put the most effort into with respect to secondaries have ghosted me while the ones I just copy-pasted from my pre-writing spree sent me IIs😭😭 wtf is this process
Yeah fr bro I spent so much time making sure these essays were perfect and they were the template for like all the essays that did give me an II

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah fr bro I spent so much time making sure these essays were perfect and they were the template for like all the essays that did give me an II
yeah man it is what it is. seeing even the goats of this cycle on SDN getting hit w their fair share of pre-II Rs makes me feel better about the randomness and crap****tery of this thing

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Hi all - what is the best time to send a letter of intent to Duke? Does Duke value it?

Question about update letters: I interviewed in October and am obviously far past the 1 week post II where you can upload update letters to the portal but was wondering if I could still email an update letter to the admissions office - are we just absolutely not supposed to send updates after that 1 week mark though?