2023-2024 Duke

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Also having trouble finding both the attestations and the headshot upload link. I accessed my secondary application but all I see is a banner reminding me of my interview date and the stuff I submitted with my app.

Edit: just realized the email said they would be available within 48 hours of our interview. Lol I misread it and thought we needed to submit it before 48 hours. Just saved myself an embarrassing email.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not my finest performance. It was a me problem, not them. Interview staff were friendly and I had a good time but half of my stations devolved into me babbling
As someone who's also expecting a post-II R for similar reasons, please take solace in that:

1. The interview is just one component of your app. Outstanding stats may still get you above their acceptance threshold.
2. Even if you don't get into get yield protected by Duke, you have Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, Johns, Cornell, Yale, WashU, Penn, NYU, UCSF, [insert T20 here] as backups.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the mandatory post-interview survey anonymous? Not going to cast aspersions on them, just wondering
I think on my interview day Dean Yee said the feedback would be anonymous since they wanted genuine ways they could improve without interviewees feeling like they had to be completely positive
 
Do any MSTP applicants remember what they said about updates post interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sad Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News
 
really feels like the schools I put the most effort into with respect to secondaries have ghosted me while the ones I just copy-pasted from my pre-writing spree sent me IIs😭😭 wtf is this process
Yeah fr bro I spent so much time making sure these essays were perfect and they were the template for like all the essays that did give me an II
 
Question about update letters: I interviewed in October and am obviously far past the 1 week post II where you can upload update letters to the portal but was wondering if I could still email an update letter to the admissions office - are we just absolutely not supposed to send updates after that 1 week mark though?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad