2023-2024 Duke

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
every time I think about decisions I get nauseous ahhh this school has been my dream... hopefully its next week and not the week after
Would it be out of pocket to email the admissions office some point in the next few days and ask if they've settled on a date to release decisions?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tenor.gif
 
Holy ****, OOS A! Phone call from a 704 NC phone number, just got the email as well (regular MD, not PCLT)

I just sent them an update with a screenshot of my $100k bet for Duke winning March Madness and a selfie of my new Blue Devils' face tattoo, which probably helped. Although they also said that if I remove my fresh ink, they'll revoke my acceptance.
 
Last edited:
Holy ****, OOS A! Phone call from a 704 NC phone number, just got the email as well (regular MD, not PCLT)

I just sent them an update with a screenshot of my $100k bet for Duke winning in March Madness and a selfie of my new Blue Devils' face tattoo, which probably helped. Although they also said that if I remove my fresh ink, they'll revoke my acceptance.

Damn so it’s starting….
 
Holy ****, OOS A! Phone call from a 704 NC phone number, just got the email as well (regular MD, not PCLT)

I just sent them an update with a screenshot of my $100k bet for Duke winning in March Madness and a selfie of my new Blue Devils' face tattoo, which probably helped. Although they also said that if I remove my fresh ink, they'll revoke my acceptance.
Read the room my guy
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
soooo are we thinking it's one more week or one more day?

i remember in my interview, dr. yee said earliest, sending out acceptances feb 16th (ish), and latest feb 23rd. he said most likely the week of feb 18th will be when we could expect acceptances
 
okay so MSAR says that earliest acceptances released is feb 16th. i thought that meant they are definitely sending out stuff starting feb 16th. the other dates on different schools align with that. or it is a range?
 
okay so MSAR says that earliest acceptances released is feb 16th. i thought that meant they are definitely sending out stuff starting feb 16th. the other dates on different schools align with that. or it is a range?

I’m not sure where msar gets that info but it’s been right and wrong for some schools so definitely take it with a grain of salt.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thinking about that previous post, would any of you guys actually get a Blue Devil face tattoo (or any T5's respective mascot/emblem for that matter) for guaranteed acceptance at that school? Interesting thought experiment
 
Thinking about that previous post, would any of you guys actually get a Blue Devil face tattoo (or any T5's respective mascot/emblem for that matter) for guaranteed acceptance at that school? Interesting thought experiment
Hmmm. How big and where? Could I do the school emblem in a small size behind my ear?

I'd absolutely get a tramp stamp though but only if they gave me a scholarship
 
Hmmm. How big and where? Could I do the school emblem in a small size behind my ear?

I'd absolutely get a tramp stamp though but only if they gave me a scholarship
At least 1.5x1.5" and needs to be on a visible part of your face. However, your circumstances are made known to others and it's guaranteed not to be a problem in terms of professionalism/career