2023-2024 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So if it doesn’t come today, will it definitely be next Friday or would it be random throughout that next week?

Members don't see this ad :)
okay so MSAR says that earliest acceptances released is feb 16th. i thought that meant they are definitely sending out stuff starting feb 16th. the other dates on different schools align with that. or it is a range?

okay so MSAR says that earliest acceptances released is feb 16th. i thought that meant they are definitely sending out stuff starting feb 16th. the other dates on different schools align with that. or it is a range?

I’m not sure where msar gets that info but it’s been right and wrong for some schools so definitely take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 1 user
Msar said Feb 12 as earliest for Mayo, for example, even though we were clearly told Feb 19 by Mayo themselves. So yeah maybe not completely accurate

Reactions: 3 users
Today not the day huh
Yellow Smiley GIF by Feluko

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Well now that we pretty much know it’ll be next week do you guys mind sharing when did you guys get interviewed?

so instead of 2 anxiety-inducing days this week we get potentially 5 next week!! :dead:

Reactions: 4 users
Thinking about that previous post, would any of you guys actually get a Blue Devil face tattoo (or any T5's respective mascot/emblem for that matter) for guaranteed acceptance at that school? Interesting thought experiment

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thinking about that previous post, would any of you guys actually get a Blue Devil face tattoo (or any T5's respective mascot/emblem for that matter) for guaranteed acceptance at that school? Interesting thought experiment
Hmmm. How big and where? Could I do the school emblem in a small size behind my ear?

I'd absolutely get a tramp stamp though but only if they gave me a scholarship

Hmmm. How big and where? Could I do the school emblem in a small size behind my ear?

I'd absolutely get a tramp stamp though but only if they gave me a scholarship
At least 1.5x1.5" and needs to be on a visible part of your face. However, your circumstances are made known to others and it's guaranteed not to be a problem in terms of professionalism/career

Bro I wouldn't even hesitate. I'm already gonna be the sugar daddy to whichever school I go to with the amount of money ima be paying them

• Haha
At least 1.5x1.5" and needs to be on a visible part of your face. However, your circumstances are made known to others and it's guaranteed not to be a problem in terms of professionalism/career
That's pretty big haha. And maybe won't affect professionalism but I still want my parents to welcome me home for the holidays

I'd absolutely work school symbolism into my sleeve though, and it can be much bigger

Full neck tattoo of John Harvard like Chrisean Rock's tattoo of Blueface

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
what if i just got the blue devil horns on my forehead, does that count

Are we sure they normally start calling at noon? Or could it begin later in the day?

• Hmm
No

Are we sure they normally start calling at noon? Or could it begin later in the day?
Given that they have around 200+ people to call (don't know how many people are accepted minus waitlist acceptances), assuming 5 mins per call, that's about 16.7 hours for one person to complete all the calls. I know Dr. Yee and another faculty member have called in past threads but that's still a lot of calls to make. I'm thinking they start at 12 est to be mindful of PST applicants.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Do you guys already know what specialty you want to go into? Kinda curious on how I should structure the third year research lol

I think it’ll be around noon due to it taking so long to do
Given that they have around 200+ people to call (don't know how many people are accepted minus waitlist acceptances), assuming 5 mins per call, that's about 16.7 hours for one person to complete all the calls. I know Dr. Yee and another faculty member have called in past threads but that's still a lot of calls to make. I'm thinking they start at 12 est to be mindful of PST applicants.
Thank you for confirming! I guess I’ll be back on Monday then! Catch y’all soon 🫡

Thank you for confirming! I guess I’ll be back on Monday then! Catch y’all soon 🫡
The trick is to click the button to watch the thread and check every day at 1pm. You'll know from the number next to the bell if they started calling people.

excited finding nemo GIF

Continuing with the tradition :) (even though I don’t think it’ll be today)

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Am I delusional still hoping for an II from here or are they done?

If you guys get in, do you think you’ll be studying for step 1 and take it during your first year or second since the curriculum is different in that aspect?

If you guys get in, do you think you’ll be studying for step 1 and take it during your first year or second since the curriculum is different in that aspect?

Wait, you haven’t started studying for STEP 1 yet?
Wait, you guys haven't taken Step 1 yet?

My baby cousin finally took Step 1 and Step 2 back to back last week.

• Haha

This is a genuine question so no shade to this person…but it is scary how we are expected to do so much in such a little time

This is a genuine question so no shade to this person…but it is scary how we are expected to do so much in such a little time

it’s fine I enjoyed reading the comments lol. Yeah I was just thinking it’s a lot to get through in a short time since the curriculum won’t be as depth but I guess we’ll see when the time comes!

it’s fine I enjoyed reading the comments lol. Yeah I was just thinking it’s a lot to get through in a short time since the curriculum won’t be as depth but I guess we’ll see when the time comes!
I would say that the fact that you are thinking that far ahead means you're far more likely to get the A than me! Good luck!

Last edited:
I would say that the fact that you are thinking that far ahead means you're far more likely to get the A then me! Good luck!

Thanks! But truthfully it’s just my anxiety of everything I just overthink everything so I always plan for stuff I don’t know will ever come to pass. Trying my best to manage it

• Care
I would say that the fact that you are thinking that far ahead means you're far more likely to get the A than me! Good luck!
And just to show I’m super anal like you, I will admit that it drives me crazy I wrote “then” instead of “than” in my post (I’ve since corrected it, but your quote of my post will mock me until my last breath!). You just probably would have proofread before posting!

And just to show I’m super anal like you, I will admit that it drives me crazy I wrote “then” instead of “than” in my post (I’ve since corrected it, but your quote of my post will mock me until my last breath!). You just probably would have proofread before posting!