2023-2024 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
These percentages are from the interviews right?
Yikesss
Yeah that’s post-interview acceptance rate.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
OOS II! Just gonna pretend I didn't see the acceptance data :)

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So jumped from June 30th to August 6th? They want mostly OOS now? Hopefully my turn soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone's status say something other than "Your application is now complete and awaiting review"?

If mine says this does that mean it hasn't been looked at yet?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They gotta seriously stop sending those opportunity to be in research emails, my hope for an II is dying

They gotta seriously stop sending those opportunity to be in research emails, my hope for an II is dying
lol I unsubscribed from them, I refuse to deal with mini heart attacks just to be disappointed

Reactions: 3 users
Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 12.48.23 PM.png

(creds to u/MDorBust99 on reddit)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
Omg! Big fan, I hope you don’t mind me reposting your amazing meme
Of course not! It’s funny that I posted that referencing the email 2-3 weeks ago and then they send it AGAIN.

Is anyone having issues logging into Kaiser's portal?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
+1 To the interview being very low stress. Everyone was nice and there was no "grilling".

Last edited:
Added Kaiser to my AMCAS (already verified) and got the "Primary Application Received" email on 9/14 but no secondary yet, even checked my spam. I know others on this thread had the same issue - do y'all think I just have to wait longer or is there a technical issue/should I contact admissions?

IS II! Complete 9/3

There was only one date available for me to select, which was in October

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
do we think an open house email means anything? im guessing probably not, but holding out hope

They keep giving me a heart attack every single time!!!
Without fail, I see the messages here and think "good to know, I won't be fooled by it" then forget about it 10 minutes later when I check my email and am disappointed that I got fooled

• Haha
+1 Virtual open house invite!!! Do u guys think they’ll like me more if I show initiative and fly out to cali to show up for it in-person?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
That virtual open house email got me EFFED UP!!!

For 3 seconds I was living my tuition free dreams. That rollercoaster of high to low I was just on must be what being Bipolar feels like. They need to stop that for real!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
"what are you most excited about during the open house event?" --- learning when i will receive an II

• Haha
So I’m guessing the virtual open house invite goes to every applicant.

Reactions: 5 users
"what are you most excited about during the open house event?" --- learning when i will receive an II
Also bruh, why they gotta have an open house when most of us are either at work or in school

just got an ii for the open house!!!! so excited for this one. kaiser is definitely a top choice, my whole app was about wanting to be a future pediatric oncologist neurosurgeon so i feel like they just really click with me :,)

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
just got an ii for the open house!!!! so excited for this one. kaiser is definitely a top choice, my whole app was about wanting to be a future pediatric oncologist neurosurgeon so i feel like they just really click with me :,)
Damn brother. You're gonna be in residency for like 20 years

• Haha