You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Massachusetts
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1149414
Where do you see it on the portal? Is it just at the top when you login?Didn't get an email but my portal updated to waitlist, interviewed 1/5 and 1/8 for LEAD
The application action section changed to waitlist and it prompted me to accept or decline the waitlist spot!Where do you see it on the portal? Is it just at the top when you login?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
druidcookie
Full Member
IS waitlist, interviewed on 1/23
Interviewed 2/9 and still waiting to hear backHas anyone that interviewed 3/12 heard anything back yet?
Interviewed 12/15 have not heard anything at all since then (not even an active consid. email)Has anyone that interviewed 3/12 heard anything back yet?
same here but I interviewed in August. Taking this as a rejection at this point even though they said they don't do silent rejectionsInterviewed 12/15 have not heard anything at all since then (not even an active consid. email)
TOTALLY agree from an oct interviewee. I truly hope everyone in our shoes is thinking the same way for the sake of their mental health!same here but I interviewed in August. Taking this as a rejection at this point even though they said they don't do silent rejections
Have they just not sent any post II R's yet or are people just not reporting them
I mean who knows honestly but they have sent post-II WLsHave they just not sent any post II R's yet or are people just not reporting them
Yep, I'm taking it as a rejection. I'm glad I have an A elsewhere but damn, UMass' process is ridiculous.TOTALLY agree from an oct interviewee. I truly hope everyone in our shoes is thinking the same way for the sake of their mental health!
tiredpremed777
New Member
Any instate As received in March so far for regular MD? I've been seeing lots of waitlists and purch/lead As
are you IS or OOS
Didn't get an email but my portal updated to waitlist, interviewed 1/5 and 1/8 for LEAD
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS but strong ties (Burlington is my hometown)are you IS or OOS
donutdawgs
Full Member
WL today, interviewed for PURCH 1/30
hopefully it works out for you 🙂 still waiting over here unfortunatelyOOS but strong ties (Burlington is my hometown)
whyitgottabelikethis
Full Member
The empty promise of AC emails and the claim of “no silent rejections”… just to have so many who haven’t heard in months. Just downright disrespectful at this point.
tennisfan72
Full Member
been seeing a lot of PURCH WLs recently, has anyone who interviewed after 12/15 gotten an A for PURCH (the last reported PURCH A I saw was for a 12/15 interview date)
Thank you, I hope so too, it was my only ll!hopefully it works out for you 🙂 still waiting over here unfortu
It's a brutal wait, hopefully you hear back asap
Does anyone know when UMass publishes its 2024 residency match results?
Well...if it makes you feel any better, apparently they finished with interviews last Tuesday (3/19), so hopefully we all hear back something re: post-II decisions by the end of April. I'm just wondering if they will have another Second Look for those who are accepted after the first Second Look event (i.e., after 4/5)?The empty promise of AC emails and the claim of “no silent rejections”… just to have so many who haven’t heard in months. Just downright disrespectful at this point.
txpremed1234
Full Member
just withdrew an OOS A. hope it goes to one of you!
spicy_lemon76
Full Member
do people think there would be PURCH orientation or any programming prior to the typical MD? if so where could I find some more info / timeline on that <3
INeed_aVaca
Full Member
I believe Lead does (it was mentioned in my interview) so im sure PURCH does too. I would maybe email them for specific datesdo people think there would be PURCH orientation or any programming prior to the typical MD? if so where could I find some more info / timeline on that <3
Does anyone know when regular MD applicants will get their final decision?
I believe they said everyone should hear something before the end of April (A, WL, or R), in terms of how long the waitlist might take to receive a final decision... could be anytime between the end of April and the beginning of classesDoes anyone know when regular MD applicants will get their final decision?
D
deleted1169403
“you will be notified of the final decision on your application no later than 4/30/24.”Does anyone know when regular MD applicants will get their final decision?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tiredpremed777
New Member
the last interview date was 3/21 actuallyWell...if it makes you feel any better, apparently they finished with interviews last Tuesday (3/19), so hopefully we all hear back something re: post-II decisions by the end of April. I'm just wondering if they will have another Second Look for those who are accepted after the first Second Look event (i.e., after 4/5)?
whyitgottabelikethis
Full Member
Why it gotta be like this umass
Welp, my bad fam...my point was that they have finally finished interviews (i.e., no more IIs will be sent out), so they can now focus more on sending out the rest of the post-II decisions 🙂the last interview date was 3/21 actually
whyitgottabelikethis
Full Member
Why do they wait so long to give out decisions if it just wastes your time if you need to reapply. Does that not negatively impact the school by not giving re-applicants enough time to make adjustments to their app
D
deleted1169403
could be someone just found the page or admin had a backlog of members to approveThe class of 2028 Facebook group has been updated to 292 this morning! Did anyone get an A this morning?
Pepe_Silvia
New Member
Why do they wait so long to give out decisions if it just wastes your time if you need to reapply. Does that not negatively impact the school by not giving re-applicants enough time to make adjustments to their app
Unfortunately, it would seem to impact the individual re-applicant far more than any single institution. The first-time applications don't stop because there are highly qualified re-applicants from the previous cycle. Will be interested to see if '24-'25 cycle continues the downward trend in number of total MD applicants.
Looks like most of the decrease in total MD 2023-2024 applicants is due to the YOY decrease in reapplicants. COVID bumped first-time applicants in 2021-2022 substantially, then many of those "excess applicants" rejected in 2021-2022 reapplied in 2022-2023.
2023-2024 is the first post-COVID "normal" cycle. We have returned back to baseline in first-time MD applicants, hovering around the historical average since 2015-2016 (a hair under 40k). I would expect numbers to stabilize at this mark, but I'm interested in how it shakes out too.
2023-2024 is the first post-COVID "normal" cycle. We have returned back to baseline in first-time MD applicants, hovering around the historical average since 2015-2016 (a hair under 40k). I would expect numbers to stabilize at this mark, but I'm interested in how it shakes out too.
The FB group gained 4 members yesterday morning and 5 members this morning.could be someone just found the page or admin had a backlog of members to approve
whyitgottabelikethis
Full Member
Anyone get any information by calling their office? (Other than “decisions will be out by end of April”)
INeed_aVaca
Full Member
What’s the attire for second look day?
I think financial aid this year will be a bit delayed due to so many FAFSA issues.
tiredpremed777
New Member
Facebook group at 302 :O
curbyourenthusiasm
Full Member
BruhFacebook group at 302 :O
supercooper21
Full Member
I think financial aid this year will be a bit delayed due to so many FAFSA issues.
I called them and they’re hoping to have awards out by late April. FAFSA delays are definitely contributing to this.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuremd1122
Full Member
Do we think UMass is still sending out acceptances?Facebook group at 302 :O
tiredpremed777
New Member
I sure hope so...Do we think UMass is still sending out acceptances?
BitofNothin
Full Member
So do we think over half these people will go somewhere else or are we waitlisted cooked?Facebook group at 302 :O
As a data point, I have an OOS A that I will likely withdraw, depending on fin aid
BeagleLover987
Full Member
Waitlist just now for MD/PURCH. Interview 9/13 and 10/18 or something. IS applicant and this is my top choice -- now time for the wait
Last edited: