You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Minnesota
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
MedWiseMaven
Full Member
Congrats!!!IS II received right now
ruralfistula
Full Member
Those receiving II’s, what campus were you invited to?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It doesn’t say. It just asks you to pick a virtual interview dateThose receiving II’s, what campus were you invited to?
ruralfistula
Full Member
It doesn’t say. It just asks you to pick a virtual interview date
Which campus was your preference?
Twin citiesWhich campus was your preference?
9/19 I think, had the option of 9/19 9/21 or 9/26 with 8 slots each.Congrats to everyone who received II! When do the first interviews start?
ruralfistula
Full Member
9/19 I think, had the option of 9/19 9/21 or 9/26 with 8 slots each.
What was your campus preference?
TCWhat was your campus preference?
For those who have gotten interviews did any of yall answer the rural or Indigenous questions?
I didn’t do them too but I’m ISFor those who have gotten interviews did any of yall answer the rural or Indigenous questions?
beeee**h45
Full Member
Any MTSP II yet?
Anonymousapplicant33
Full Member
Someone on the MD-PhD interview invite thread said they got one like a week or two agoAny MTSP II yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any additional II's?
It looks like last year people started getting Rs on September 1st
breezyoctopus
New Member
IS II today, complete 8/3, LM 75, TC campus preference
Has anyone else's portal changed?
Did you answer the rural or Indigenous questions? what available dates do they have to interview?IS II today, complete 8/3, LM 75, TC campus preference
breezyoctopus
New Member
I didn’t answer the rural/indigenous questions. I think they had 10/3, 10/5, and 10/10Has anyone else's portal changed?
Did you answer the rural or Indigenous questions? what available dates do they have to interview?
midwesty1996
Full Member
II today at 1:10pm CST, ORM IS submitted 7/28 (same day as received) complete 7/29 LM 70
sometimes they have to send it to more people if they arent 100% about sending an interview so it could take longer!So if we submitted prior to people who have gotten interviews does that mean we didn’t get offered one - I thought interviews were on a rolling basis.
ruralfistula
Full Member
sometimes they have to send it to more people if they arent 100% about sending an interview so it could take longer!
Is this true? I was under the impression there was one committee at each campus that met to make decisions about interviews.
ruralfistula
Full Member
II today at 1:10pm CST, ORM IS submitted 7/28 (same day as received) complete 7/29 LM 70
What was your campus preference?
midwesty1996
Full Member
TCWhat was your campus preference?
ruralfistula
Full Member
Thanks and congrats!
The first step for determining an interview is independent review by 2 faculty, and their review times can vary a lot because many of them are physicians practicing full time. So, in general it’s rolling but there can be some variation.So if we submitted prior to people who have gotten interviews does that mean we didn’t get offered one - I thought interviews were on a rolling basis.
When I watched an admissions video with dimple, she mentioned this. But ya duluth has its own committee!Is this true? I was under the impression there was one committee at each campus that met to make decisions about interviews.
Edit: The video might be on the website still !
Late to post. II on 9/8. IS complete on 7/28
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Stats?Late to post. II on 9/8. IS complete on 7/28
497 / 3.7 / nontrad healthcare 2nd degreeStats
What was your healthcare degree if you don’t mind me asking. I’m applying with a nursing degree497 / 3.7 / nontrad healthcare 2nd degree
Nursing! Good luck on your application.What was your healthcare degree if you don’t mind me asking. I’m applying with a nursing degree
Nursing! Good luck on your application
Congrats! Any ties to Minnesota?497 / 3.7 / nontrad healthcare 2nd degree
Thanks! Yes, MN resident. Ties for you?Congrats! Any ties to Minnesota?
applicant9923
Full Member
II invite today! IS (kind of, I moved here in July for work so not sure if they're counting me as OOS) Completed 7/8
When did u submit ur secondary/ stats, if you don’t mind?II invite today! IS (kind of, I moved here in July for work so not sure if they're counting me as OOS) Completed 7/8
crab_rangoon
UMN-TC MS1
Current M1 here. Happy to answer questions on the new curriculum, Mpact pathways, and offer any advice! Good luck to everyone!
Congrats! Did you answer the Rural or Indigenous questions??II invite today! IS (kind of, I moved here in July for work so not sure if they're counting me as OOS) Completed 7/8
applicant9923
Full Member
So sorry idk why I said complete 7/8. I submitted my secondary 8/4. MCAT 511 GPA 3.8When did u submit ur secondary/ stats, if you don’t mind?
applicant9923
Full Member
Thanks! No, I did notCongrats! Did you answer the Rural or Indigenous questions??
Hi everyone! I just wanted to follow up and see if anyone had more information about the interview review and selection process. I received and completed the II on 7/28, but have still not heard anything regarding an interview decision. I'm an IS re-applicant, who interviewed with Minnesota last year as well. I am trying hard to not let any worrying get the best of me, but should I be concerned as it seems some people have been getting responses who completed their II's later? If anyone has any information, tips, or answers I would greatly appreciate anything! Thank you and best of luck to everyone else applying!
Dangerouslypink
Full Member
For those who are re-applicants, did admissions wait until the absolute last minute to send out R's or did they tell you within a reasonable timeframe?
I applied super early last year, & i got my rejection on 9/29. So i think they doing rolling rejections as well lolFor those who are re-applicants, did admissions wait until the absolute last minute to send out R's or did they tell you within a reasonable timeframe?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Out of curiosity, What interview dates are they reserving now?II invite today! IS (kind of, I moved here in July for work so not sure if they're counting me as OOS) Completed 7/8
Yes, I am sorry for the confusion!! Anytime II was used I was attempting to say secondary. Still trying to get all of the abbreviations on this site straight.Just FYI, II is interview invite, not secondary. The abbreviations on this site can be confusing!
In any case, this page on their website might be helpful took look at while you wait. There's a document linked under "Review for Interview" that tells you what they're looking for when deciding who to interview. Also, sometimes re-applicants are reviewed later in the cycle. I don't know if that's how Minnesota does it specifically, but some other schools do. That might be what's going on. In any case, it's still very early, so I would try not to worry too much.
Did anyone else get the email about data breach? Kinda scary
omg no what did it say?Did anyone else get the email about data breach? Kinda scary
On July 21, 2023, the University of Minnesota learned that a person was claiming to have posted on the Internet in July 2023 certain admissions and race and ethnicity information held in a University database. The University immediately initiated an investigation and promptly engaged forensics professionals to assess whether the claim was credible and to ensure the security of the University’s electronic systems. After an extensive investigation, the University determined that a person likely gained unauthorized access to a University database in 2021. This incident has not affected University operations.