2023-2024 Ponce (St. Louis)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Out of state interview invite, basically not from Peurto Rico, Missouri, and Illinois. All three of those count for instate for tuition purposes.


Not MSMS
Sorry to bug you it was over email right? Thanks for answering all these
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So confused… just got a second call saying my primary app is not submitted on AMCAS but when I give my ID they find it. I submitted in June btw. Then she said my secondary was not submitted but I submitted in September. She then ends up finding it after I tell her I submitted. I don’t know what’s going on with their system but it’s definitely delaying invites for interviews.
 
For anyone interviewing this Thursday, do you know if it will just be the mmi portion for an hour or if it will be an entire interview day?
 
So confused… just got a second call saying my primary app is not submitted on AMCAS but when I give my ID they find it. I submitted in June btw. Then she said my secondary was not submitted but I submitted in September. She then ends up finding it after I tell her I submitted. I don’t know what’s going on with their system but it’s definitely delaying invites for interviews.
Is anyone having this same issue or received a similar call? My friend who is an MS1 there said their portal was having glitches receiving applications..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Judging by classes before, idk about “strong” .. the matriculants ranged in MCAT and GPA
K. This isn’t really responsive. A LizzyM score over 70 (which includes all the folks who’ve mentioned having interviews up to this point) would indicate you have strong stats. Whether folks later in the cycle with relatively weaker stats get interviews isn’t really material. The point was about who is being considered right now.
Or maybe they are more particular about non msms students.
Again, non-responsive to who is being considered right now.

I understand that you and other MSMS students have invested time and energy into the master’s program, and into Ponce, and are hoping it pays off. And it very well may later in the cycle. But that’s not a reason to pretend that the folks getting interviews right now, relatively early in Ponce’s cycle, aren’t folks with strong stats.

And I say this someone with low to mid stats at best.
 
Last edited:
K. This isn’t really responsive. A LizzyM score over 70 (which includes all the folks who’ve mentioned having interviews up to this point) would indicate you have strong stats. Whether folks later in the cycle with relatively weaker stats get interviews isn’t really material. The point was about who is being considered right now.

Again, non-responsive to who is being considered right now.

I understand that you and other MSMS students have invested time and energy into the master’s program, and into Ponce, and are hoping it pays off. And it very well may later in the cycle. But that’s not a reason to pretend that the folks getting interviews right now, relatively early in Ponce’s cycle, aren’t folks with strong stats.

And I say this someone with low to mid stats at best.
Thats why i said “ they may be more particular about non msms grads” … like mizzou minnimum for in state students is 494 but you have to have higher stats if you are out of state. think you missed that part.
 
Thats why i said “ they may be more particular about non msms grads” … like mizzou minnimum for in state students is 494 but you have to have higher stats if you are out of state. think you missed that part.
I didn’t miss that part. I just don’t have enough information to agree or disagree based on what I read in last year’s school specific thread, and the MSAR, which lumps together the MCAT and GPAs for both the St. Louis and Ponce campuses.

Again, I wish all applicants, and especially MSMS students (of which I am not one) the best of luck with their cycle.
 
I didn’t miss that part. I just don’t have enough information to agree or disagree based on what I read in last year’s school specific thread, and the MSAR, which lumps together the MCAT and GPAs for both the St. Louis and Ponce campuses.

Again, I wish all applicants, and especially MSMS students (of which I am not one) the best of luck with their cycle.
How many students does this school take?
30 but word on the street it may be a little more. I know they sent out 60 acceptances last years because they know people are going to either go some where else or drop out for other reasons
 
30 but word on the street it may be a little more. I know they sent out 60 acceptances last years because they know people are going to either go some where else or drop out for other reasons
Yep, all med schools accept more than their class size
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad