2023-2024 Ponce (St. Louis)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe there have been a few interviews already.
To add to this, it seems like the IIs that were released were only going to those not formerly affiliated with the MSMS program.

Some folks have said that MSMS folks get looked at later, but who really knows...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know what kind of special electives Ponce offers like nutrition/lifestyle med, medical speciality-focused courses, etc?
Although not required at the STL campus for classes, there is heavy emphasis on learning medical Spanish. Which is super helpful to have when applying to residency programs. Our community med, ethics, and health disparities courses do a good job of giving us a complete scope of decision making as a physician outside of simple diagnosis and treatment. We also have numerous specialty-focused interest groups on campus. Good thing about being a relatively new school is that it's easy to start a club or group for a topic you are interested in.
 
Idk about question #1, I know a podiatrist, and 2 physician -scientist who gotten their medical degrees in their own countries ( i think india and nigeria) are also the professors. In regard to #2. heard from people they they feel like they are prepared to take STEP.
#3. They have USMLE questions built into the curriculum. They also partake in NBME’s
#4. I am not a student there so idk but their rotations are at different Mercy hospitals in saint louis and out of saint louis in other parts of missouri
Regarding professors, this information may have been gotten from an M1, not sure who all is teaching them right now.

M2's currently have an MD teaching psych, an MD teaching path, an MD teaching pathophys, an MD teaching infectious disease, an MD teaching us intro to clinical skills and family med, and a PhD teaching pharm. The podiatrist hasn't really been involved in our M2 year, and the only thing she taught us last year was foot and ankle anatomy.
 
So I submitted my app here a while ago and haven’t heard anything. I logged into my application and it’s saying that my transcripts are still missing. But I’m confused because they should’ve received all of transcripts when I submitted the primary to them via AMCAS..
 
So I submitted my app here a while ago and haven’t heard anything. I logged into my application and it’s saying that my transcripts are still missing. But I’m confused because they should’ve received all of transcripts when I submitted the primary to them via AMCAS..
I asked them about this, this is for after you are accepted, don't need to do anything rn.
 
Does anyone know if Ponce takes update letters im still waiting on an II and have plenty of stuff to update them on
 
Hii does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate at ponce St. Louis
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone gotten accepted yet? I haven’t gotten an interview from here yet and wanted to know what my chances are as an MSMS current student
 
has anyone gotten accepted yet? I haven’t gotten an interview from here yet and wanted to know what my chances are as an MSMS current student
Wondering the same. I know interviews started going out in December so I wonder if they’ve already interviewed + accepted students.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad