2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS Pre-II R received around 9am EST, complete 7/20

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody called/emailed and asked if they have any earlier openings for an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
March 26, got II last Monday
Definitely worth calling and asking. I’m a little surprised they’re interviewing this late without sending any post II decisions tho. Good luck with your interview!!

Definitely worth calling and asking. I’m a little surprised they’re interviewing this late without sending any post II decisions tho. Good luck with your interview!!
just read on their website they interview til April...hopefully that brings some support to those still waiting to hear anything for an II 💕

PS; love your username bc im gluten free too hehe

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
giphy.gif

Pre-ii R let’s goooooo

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R just now, good luck everyone. Completed first week October

Members don't see this ad :)
Love how their rejection letter practically says if you would like advisement about a reapplication “talk to a premed advisor at your school OR if you don’t have one, go find one from this random website… because we won’t help u 😂”

• Haha
Love how their rejection letter practically says if you would like advisement about a reapplication “talk to a premed advisor at your school OR if you don’t have one, go find one from this random website… because we won’t help u 😂”
i absolutely love the "This decision is final." like LOL POP OFF THEN

• Haha
Does anyone know the OOS post-II acceptance rate? I've looked everywhere 😭 Seems like only an extremely small number matriculate

Does anyone know the OOS post-II acceptance rate? I've looked everywhere 😭 Seems like only an extremely small number matriculate
Matriculation and acceptance rates can differ. Feel like this year might be a wildcard with the whole news of the hospital closure idk if that might affect the acceptances/matric rates.

Any November or December interviewees heard back? Or just September people?

I interviewed the first week of December, still radio silence for me.
Same. Have not heard back. I have a question on "ties", what do people mean by "ties"? Is it ties to the city or ties to the university, as in they've worked there before or did an SMP at Downstate?

Has anyone who interviewed AFTER October gotten a response of any kind??

Interviewed 10/12, A :)

Wonder if there will be a wave tomorrow for the later interview dates, good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Got an IS A yesterday, interviewed 10/3. Withdrawing. Hope it goes to one of you rockstars.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Not to be dramatic but the slow drip of acceptances is truly making my head spin. Hoping for more decisions today!!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations on the acceptance!

I attached link to Accepted students group

Last edited by a moderator: