2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So maybe they may release another batch of As to fill the 190 slots before March 15 then the rest of us will be waitlisted in April and we’ll hear in April/may. I wish they’d at least tell us we were WLed though😭

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I think if we’ve learned anything from this process the admissions timeline with regard to Downstate is quite unpredictable. I’ve decided to avoid speculation about when we may or may not hear back, because ultimately, there’s very little we know about how their process works. Fingers crossed it’s sooner rather than later, but I find peace in not anticipating to hear back on certain days after the waiting game we played in February… hoping everyone can find a little solace in that as well

Reactions: 7 users
I think if we’ve learned anything from this process the admissions timeline with regard to Downstate is quite unpredictable. I’ve decided to avoid speculation about when we may or may not hear back, because ultimately, there’s very little we know about how their process works. Fingers crossed it’s sooner rather than later, but I find peace in not anticipating to hear back on certain days after the waiting game we played in February… hoping everyone can find a little solace in that as well
nicely said 😌

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone ask about the admissions timeline in today's info session please

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewing on 3/6!! Any tips/advice or things I should expect??

Reactions: 1 users
Is the interview day just a 1 on 1 with a faculty member? How long is it typically?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone who:

1. Do we get the name of out interviewer?
2. Is the general session mandatory, and when do we get the information about the exact time for it?

Does anyone who:

1. Do we get the name of out interviewer?
2. Is the general session mandatory, and when do we get the information about the exact time for it?
1) Yes you get the name of the interviewer
2) the general session is not mandatory and you should get an email

1) Yes you get the name of the interviewer
2) the general session is not mandatory and you should get an email
Thank you so much! And the interview day is just the one on one and then the writing assignment? That's all?

And did you get the general session information after the interview?

Thank you so much! And the interview day is just the one on one and then the writing assignment? That's all?

And did you get the general session information after the interview?
Yup the day of the Interview is the one on one with the faculty member and the writing assignment. The student interview should be a few days / a week or so later and is less casual.

Yes I believe I got the info session info after the interview.

Yup the day of the Interview is the one on one with the faculty member and the writing assignment. The student interview should be a few days / a week or so later and is less casual.

Yes I believe I got the info session info after the interview.

The student interview is LESS casual???

So there's 2 interviews on sep days?? why do I have an invitation for just one?

yes! after your faculty interview you will be contacted by a student within 1 week to schedule the student interview w/ them. The student interview is very chill (on the phone, Facetime, or Zoom)

If I'm remembering correctly, you'll get an email the day of or after your formal interview with the staff connecting you with a student interviewer. You make a date/time with them to speak and go from there!

Sorry that was a typo it’s MORE casual. I wore a blazer for the faculty member and a nice sweater for The student.
Mine was on the phone and not even a video call! The student was also running 30 minutes late..,

• Haha
After the interview, is there an option to do an in-person tour? If so, how soon after interviewing are dates sent out?

for those that went, how was the tour?! do they make us answer any questions or talk about ourselves at all?

for those that went, how was the tour?! do they make us answer any questions or talk about ourselves at all?
no, super chill. basically just follow a med student around for half an hour.

Maybe I counted completely incorrectly, but apparently 30 people reported getting off the waitlist on SDN alone last year. That seems remarkably high? And also encouraging?

Maybe I counted completely incorrectly, but apparently 30 people reported getting off the waitlist on SDN alone last year. That seems remarkably high? And also encouraging?
Have they even released the waitlist? I have not heard anything about a waitlist yet.

They will release decisions today (I have no idea, I am just manifesting because its been quite a while..)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
When will the major WL movement start? After April?
considering the deadline to drop to 3 school acceptances is April 15 and to 1 school acceptance per AMCAS traffic rules is April 30, I imagine May

withdrawing my A here, hope it goes to one of u kings/queens 🙏

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
If it’s ok with the group I’m going to go ahead and call and see if they can give a more updated timeline. I believe they said that people who interviewed after the end of January can expect to hear back in mid April (I can’t remember where I read that and I could be wrong). But I’m curious about waitlist stuff now.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
If it’s ok with the group I’m going to go ahead and call and see if they can give a more updated timeline. I believe they said that people who interviewed after the end of January can expect to hear back in mid April (I can’t remember where I read that and I could be wrong). But I’m curious about waitlist stuff now.
Keep us updated:)

Ok the update is: decisions are being rendered until sometime in April. At that point we may hear about waitlists. So I’m hoping that means we will hear more as march continues, but I don’t have any specific dates. I guess no news is good news to some extent until April.

Ok the update is: decisions are being rendered until sometime in April. At that point we may hear about waitlists. So I’m hoping that means we will hear more as march continues, but I don’t have any specific dates. I guess no news is good news to some extent until April.
Rendered until April meaning we will not hear anything back until April? Or we will continue hearing throughout March as well

Rendered until April meaning we will not hear anything back until April? Or we will continue hearing throughout March as well
I think the latter but I just reported what I was told verbatim.
Editing to add: the person who answered the call seemed very apologetic about how long I have been waiting (October) but thanked me for my patience. So if it’s any help i think they know it’s getting to be a bit much.

• Haha
Just finished interview (80 minutes long with one interviewer). They said I’ll get my decision in 3 weeks? But based on this thread I am having doubts about that haha

Reactions: 2 users
Just finished mine too, my interviewer just kept saying that I'm just an agent and will forward your answers to the committee and kept interrupting me after he got his bullet points (60~70 mins in total) . Not sure if it's the same for everyone, but that worries me.

Just finished interview (80 minutes long with one interviewer). They said I’ll get my decision in 3 weeks? But based on this thread I am having doubts about that haha
seems unlikely but maybe this is a sign of good things to come for us all!

seems unlikely but maybe this is a sign of good things to come for us all!
I also agree my interviewer said it would take 3 weeks and we interviewed early Jan

Also adding-

We will begin to render admissions decision mid February 2024. It is not unusual for an applicant to wait several weeks before notification of their status. We will only send written notification of their status to the address listed on their AMCAS application. Applicants who are interviewed between mid-January 2024 – April 2024 should expect a decision late Spring.

Last edited:
  • Sad