-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 SUNY Upstate (Norton)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am, sent an update letter the other dayAt this point, is anyone still on hold?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aquableu99
Full Member
Pre-II R just now, submitted 9/7
Okay. I did too, let’s keep our fingers crossed.I am, sent an update letter the other day
I’m so sorry, were you previously placed on hold?Pre-II R just now, submitted 9/7
+1. Received R on 1/05/24, LM 66.4, was complete on 8/30/23OOS Pre-II R. Was never previously on hold.
I’m still on hold. Planning on sending an update letter soon.At this point, is anyone still on hold?
aquableu99
Full Member
No, I was notI’m so sorry, were you previously placed on hold?
humble_grass12
Full Member
Anyone receive the MPH/Rural Med info session still have silence from Upstate? I’m assuming it’s a silent R at this point but not sure why they sent me that email.
soccercity15
Full Member
I did too. Saw email from admissions and it said like "Congratulations, we're excited to invite you to.. I thought it was an II. Then I opened up the email and its just an invitation to their MPH info session...lolAnyone receive the MPH/Rural Med info session still have silence from Upstate? I’m assuming it’s a silent R at this point but not sure why they sent me that email.
MedPotato946
New Member
+1I did too. Saw email from admissions and it said like "Congratulations, we're excited to invite you to.. I thought it was an II. Then I opened up the email and its just an invitation to their MPH info session...lol
aspiringmed23
Full Member
Wait how? I got an invite last week and the earliest date was February. I also went on the waitlist to get an earlier date but haven't heard back about openings so I'm so confused 🙁Instate interview invite this morning, was put on hold 9/8/23. Scheduled for 2 days from now so pretty quick turnaround time
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aspiringmed23
Full Member
Is it true that the waitlist at upstate is ranked and they don't re-review apps so sending an LOI if you get waitlisted doesn't hold any weight? I heard that from a video with the team like 10 years ago so not sure if that changed.
masimomachine
Full Member
When they emailed me back the other day they said “We are continuing to re-review applications and extend invitations.” So take that as you will.Is it true that the waitlist at upstate is ranked and they don't re-review apps so sending an LOI if you get waitlisted doesn't hold any weight? I heard that from a video with the team like 10 years ago so not sure if that changed.
I'm also still on hold.I’m still on hold. Planning on sending an update letter soon.
I did and never heard anything back after doing so, but it can't hurt I feel so why not🙂 Put your best foot forward and keep reminding them you exist lolis it worth submitting an update letter if I am on hold? I have a few manuscripts that were submitted for publication
+1I'm also still on hold.
Silence since September, didn’t even get a hold
Does anybody know when interviewees usually hear back? Interviewed earlier this week
coolhuevos
Full Member
I'd expect to hear back in 2 to 8 weeksDoes anybody know when interviewees usually hear back? Interviewed earlier this week
Smiskisigh
New Member
+1Silence since September, didn’t even get a hold
no.green.ham
Full Member
Does anybody know when interviewees usually hear back? Interviewed earlier this week
5-6 weeks was the theme in October and November it seems like
almostemdee
Full Member
I got an A exactly one week after my interview, which was in late November. so could be next week or later on!Does anybody know when interviewees usually hear back? Interviewed earlier this week
Any word on what the new curriculum will be like?
1) Are exams NBME based?MS1 here, feel free to reach out with questions about the school: social life, coursework, support of
2) How often in any given week do you need to be on campus as an M1?
Do you have any experience with RMED or any of the microcredentials?MS1 here, feel free to reach out with questions about the school: social life, coursework, support of faculty...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YeAnyone got an II from a Pre-II hold?
aspiringmed23
Full Member
YesAnyone got an II from a Pre-II hold?
IS A LM 68
Congrats! When did you interview?IS A LM 68
2 weeks ago!Congrats! When did you interview?
no.green.ham
Full Member
Does anyone know the post-II acceptance rate for upstate
IS it’s a 62% post-II acceptance rate, OOS it’s a 44%
O shi that's higher than I expected. ThxIS it’s a 62% post-II acceptance rate, OOS it’s a 44%
yup still on Hold hereIs anyone still on hold? At this point, is it considered a rejection?
let's try to remain hopeful!yup still on Hold here
YellowLemonTract
Full Member
Same hereIs anyone still on hold? At this point, is it considered a rejection?
Does anybody know how preclinical grading is here?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fatpat13
Full Member
+1, submitted in September. Just hope we hear something soon :/anyone still waiting on II and not on hold? Not sure if i've heard anything either ways - is this considered an R at this point?
I share your hope here. But to set realistic expectations there's a youtube video of an interview from 2020 with the admissions dean - she said that if apps aren't in by latest august there's a very low chance of getting an interview unless you have pretty strong ties to the school or region. They just run out of slots, and their adcom utilizes a ranked list, so once they get to a certain point, you're dead in the water.
I'm not sure why they don't just send out Rs at that point, but I guess it ain't over til it's over!
I'm not sure why they don't just send out Rs at that point, but I guess it ain't over til it's over!
pre-ii IS R just now LOL, before that just had silence since September submission