2023-2024 SUNY Upstate (Norton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS ii today at 4 AM also after previously being put on hold. Also submitted updates on 11/16 with Letter of Interest so maybe that helped.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Any current Upstate students who could answer a few questions I have about upstate?
I'm interviewing on Monday!

the orientation facebook group is starting to become semi-active

Members don't see this ad :)
IS A this morning :') no email but portal had the acceptance letter

Reactions: 4 users
but that says 2023 orientation, or are 2024 ppl using that ?
Yeah I think they just update the year, if you look at it the page was founded in 2008 and they change the name every year. They’ve started accepting a bunch of people to the group as of this week

Did any other 12/6 or later interviewees receive decisions this week?

At this point, is anyone still on hold?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone receive the MPH/Rural Med info session still have silence from Upstate? I’m assuming it’s a silent R at this point but not sure why they sent me that email.

Instate interview invite this morning, was put on hold 9/8/23. Scheduled for 2 days from now so pretty quick turnaround time

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone receive the MPH/Rural Med info session still have silence from Upstate? I’m assuming it’s a silent R at this point but not sure why they sent me that email.
I did too. Saw email from admissions and it said like "Congratulations, we're excited to invite you to.. I thought it was an II. Then I opened up the email and its just an invitation to their MPH info session...lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I did too. Saw email from admissions and it said like "Congratulations, we're excited to invite you to.. I thought it was an II. Then I opened up the email and its just an invitation to their MPH info session...lol
+1

Instate interview invite this morning, was put on hold 9/8/23. Scheduled for 2 days from now so pretty quick turnaround time
Wait how? I got an invite last week and the earliest date was February. I also went on the waitlist to get an earlier date but haven't heard back about openings so I'm so confused :(

Has anyone interviewed in December received decisions yet?

Is it true that the waitlist at upstate is ranked and they don't re-review apps so sending an LOI if you get waitlisted doesn't hold any weight? I heard that from a video with the team like 10 years ago so not sure if that changed.

Is it true that the waitlist at upstate is ranked and they don't re-review apps so sending an LOI if you get waitlisted doesn't hold any weight? I heard that from a video with the team like 10 years ago so not sure if that changed.
When they emailed me back the other day they said “We are continuing to re-review applications and extend invitations.” So take that as you will.

is it worth submitting an update letter if I am on hold? I have a few manuscripts that were submitted for publication
I did and never heard anything back after doing so, but it can't hurt I feel so why not:) Put your best foot forward and keep reminding them you exist lol

Does anybody know when interviewees usually hear back? Interviewed earlier this week

Does anybody know when interviewees usually hear back? Interviewed earlier this week
I got an A exactly one week after my interview, which was in late November. so could be next week or later on!

MS1 here, feel free to reach out with questions about the school: social life, coursework, support of faculty...

MS1 here, feel free to reach out with questions about the school: social life, coursework, support of
1) Are exams NBME based?
2) How often in any given week do you need to be on campus as an M1?

Still expecting a decision since December interview. Anyone else in the same boat?