2023-2024 SUNY Upstate (Norton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is dumb but I used to have a "withdraw application" and an "upload application update" tab and my withdraw one is gone. Is this a consensus? (they said you can NOT leave)

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
This is dumb but I used to have a "withdraw application" and an "upload application update" tab and my withdraw one is gone. Is this a consensus? (they said you can NOT leave)
Did you have an interview? I have not received an interview invite yet but still have both of those options on my portal.

Did you have an interview? I have not received an interview invite yet but still have both of those options on my portal.
I have not just a pre II hold. It disappeared like two days ago, maybe its a sign....

Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you see the hold in the first place? Is there a different portal other than the banner web one? I have pre-II hold for awhile but didn’t see it anywhere on the bannerweb thing.
When you first log in, not when you click into the application there should be 2 buttons next to the table that says Fall 2024 etc.

IS A; interviewed last week

also not sure if mentioned earlier but the dean said Jan/feb interviewees are interviewing for the waitlist

• Hmm
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
IS A; Interviewed 11/8
My first A. Happy crying atm at work LOL

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I am on the pre-II waitlist has there been any movement off of that?

IS A!!! Beyond shock cause of low GPA.. II on 11/08.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS A; interviewed last week

also not sure if mentioned earlier but the dean said Jan/feb interviewees are interviewing for the waitlist
Wait, the DEAN said that if you were extended an II for Jan or Feb it's for the waitlist? Are you kidding me?

Wait, the DEAN said that if you were extended an II for Jan or Feb it's for the waitlist? Are you kidding me?
ngl that's kind of a red flag...like I'm sure other schools do that but for the dean to say it is really disheartening :cryi: - sincerely someone who got a pre-II hold months ago

Reactions: 2 users
ngl that's kind of a red flag...like I'm sure other schools do that but for the dean to say it is really disheartening :cryi: - sincerely someone who got a pre-II hold months ago
No honestly, and from the sounds of it they seem very blasé about it as if that information would not be massively consequential for those interviewees to know up front. I'm genuinely so gutted, I was really hoping my interview with them would work out and turn into an A. Guess that's not an option at this point since who knows where I'll fall on the WL.

No honestly, and from the sounds of it they seem very blasé about it as if that information would not be massively consequential for those interviewees to know up front. I'm genuinely so gutted, I was really hoping my interview with them would work out and turn into an A. Guess that's not an option at this point since who knows where I'll fall on the WL.
right! it's almost like saying "we know the students we've already interviewed like us but I GUESS we can interview you as a formality"

My b but I believe he said that they’re probably interviewing for the waitlist- not that if you’re interviewing in Jan/feb that you will be WLed.

people who are getting ii were yall on the pre-ii hold?

Funny how OOS applicants get interviews, while I cry IS tears lol. 3.8+511
What I’ve heard through the grapevine is that the SUNY med schools are desperate for money so they’re accepting more OOS to get that OOS tuition…

• Dislike
What I’ve heard through the grapevine is that the SUNY med schools are desperate for money so they’re accepting more OOS to get that OOS tuition…

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure the reason why IS tuition is cheaper is because the state government partially funds their state students, so OOS students just pay the “true” tuition the school would have received from an IS student (IS tuition + Government Funding).

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did up charge OOS students, but I still wouldn’t expect them to be making that much more money by taking more OOS students

Reactions: 1 users
That’s a pretty bold claim when you have no acceptance data other than a SDN forum that I think would still skew IS if you tallied the As

Reactions: 1 users
During the interview intro thing w the dean, he asked us to introduce where we all were from and there were only 2 OOS interviewees out of 20, and the dean then said that 75% or some high stat of the class is IS

That’s a pretty bold claim when you have no acceptance data other than a SDN forum that I think would still skew IS if you tallied the As
I’m not saying it’s true, just something I’ve heard 🤷🏻‍♀️

They only charge OOS tuition the first year, then they consider you IS the other 3

For anyone that has payed their deposit already, how long did it take to get sent the next steps email?

For anyone that has payed their deposit already, how long did it take to get sent the next steps email?
I paid my deposit on 10/19 and still haven’t gotten a next steps email, so get ready to wait lmao

international student - pre-ii rejection (pre-ii hold received Nov 17th)