2023-2024 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Aren't they expanding the class size this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah they’re expanding class size, hopefully to 125 which was the accommodation they were trying to do. Maybe expanding the class size got them lagging a bit on decisions. Anxiously waiting haha interviewed 3/5 🥲

Reactions: 2 users
Was kinda hoping to hear back before this past week’s first look event but kinda wondering if I should go to the open house event lmao

I hope we get some good news this week y’all 🤞🏼
Bro same. I got an MD acceptance to IUSOM but I gotta do another biochem class online cuz I’m missing 1 damn credit and they require 3 credits of biochem. Hoping for some good news from UCR this week 🥲

Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate, for my piece of mind lol 😰

I remember reading its around 50% maybe slightly lower. Correct me if I'm wrong. They tend to interview less than other schools. Then again could be different this year with the class expansion for better or for worse.

~61%

1711503392077.png

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That’s better than I expected honestly. I thought it was around 45%. They’ll probably keep the ratio the same and offer like 200 acceptances for 125 matriculations

Hi JHM99, how do you know they are expanding class size to 125 this year? Thank you!

But it’ll be a gradual increase. So maybe this year they’ll take like 100 students instead of 86
IMG_0098.png

Reactions: 1 user
Finally received my IS pre-II R (and my last one) it’s been real

• Care
  • Sad
complete 08/16 and still waiting for it to hit my inbox 🥲

• Care
I don't think they're still sending interviews are they?
I just spoke with someone in the admissions office over the phone and she confirmed that they’re done sending interview invites and the cycle is wrapping up 😕

I just spoke with someone in the admissions office over the phone and she confirmed that they’re done sending interview invites and the cycle is wrapping up 😕
Do you mean cycle is wrapping up as in they are gong to send out more acceptances because it seems like a lot of us haven't heard back?

If I didn’t get a R or a II, does that mean it’s over 😭

Do you mean cycle is wrapping up as in they are gong to send out more acceptances because it seems like a lot of us haven't heard back?
she didn’t say specifically what that meant but I think she was moreso referring to interviews and people who haven’t heard anything yet (R or II)

Reactions: 1 user
I need to know whether I’m going across the country for med school or staying in California?? Why are they releasing decisions so late

Reactions: 4 users
I need to know whether I’m going across the country for med school or staying in California?? Why are they releasing decisions so late
Bro I’m in the same boat. Got into Indiana MD but need to know if I’m staying or dipping out 😂

Has anyone interviewed for the Conditional Admit program or found more info on it beyond the school's initial email? having a hard time finding details or stories of people sharing their experiences with it

Has anyone interviewed for the Conditional Admit program or found more info on it beyond the school's initial email? having a hard time finding details or stories of people sharing their experiences with it
I’ve never heard of this

Let’s hope for some ****ing news this week 🙌

Reactions: 3 users
i dont understand whats happening, no ii nor any pre-ii r but supposedly they're done interviewing....anyone else in the same boat?

Hello I have been waiting too. Completed the secondary last year. No ii or R yet.