You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UC San Francisco
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Doctordrizzle
Full Member
Verified early june, OOS, and just rec'd secondary.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AspiringDoctorTKD
Full Member
OOS Secondary, Verified early July
No secondary yet.... which is why I wonder if a publication update would help.Wait have you completed the secondary?
Last edited:
brazzimamma
Full Member
IS Secondary received today!!! Finally!! 😭😭😭😍😍
Grats!IS Secondary received today!!! Finally!! 😭😭😭😍😍
No wait to put that on the secondary. We will probably get the secondary before october. UCSF is very slow sending secondaries out.No secondary yet.... which is why I wonder if a publication update would help.
I’m a reapp so I hope I can provide some insight to the secondary situation. I didn’t receive UCD and UCSF secondaries until September. Don’t worry if you haven’t received anything yet! Previous years it looks like some people even got secondaries in November and December and got an acceptance so… take that how you will
D
deleted1167581
OOS secondary just now! Verified 6/20
Last edited by a moderator:
doctor_tangerine
Full Member
Yuqi what are you doing in SFOOS secondary just now! Verified 6/20, LM 79
finessinoganesson
Full Member
IS secondary received just now 🙂 verified 6/21, LM 70
IS Secondary! Verified 6/2, honestly didn’t expect it at this point!
happyllama
Full Member
OOS Secondary! Verified 6/21, LM 77
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
homiesweup
Full Member
Secondary a few min ago! Verified 6/24 LM74
Last edited:
yayparty112
Full Member
just when I had accepted UCSF wasn't in the cards for me...IS secondary received just a few minutes ago!
IS secondary finally received! LM 76 verified 6/24
Would it raise any eyebrows if I talked about wanting to work with underserved populations in the "expand on your activities" section but didn't apply for PRIME-US? I don't know if I want to do PRIME but I don't want to come off as ingenuine about my goals
Would it raise any eyebrows if I talked about wanting to work with underserved populations in the "expand on your activities" section but didn't apply for PRIME-US? I don't know if I want to do PRIME but I don't want to come off as ingenuine about my goals
Last edited:
ii_manifestation
Full Member
hi! did you ever receive an answer to this... trying to decide which to submit. thank you!If we apply for JMP are we considered for both JMP and regular? Trying to decide what to choose when submitting the primary...
I haven't received a secondary yet, but are the second and third essays optional? Im a traditional applicant and do not fall under the disadvantaged portion for the third essay question. Just wondering what to prepare in case I pass the screening because it looks like just question 1 right now.
Sorry I totally spaced, yes I meant 6/24! Edited my original comment 🙂Sorry did you mean 6/24? Havent seen any julys yet and I have yet to receive a secondary *cries*
Do they send a confirmation email that they received your initial app? or is it just silence from verification until secondary invite?
I didn't get any email until I received the secondary.Do they send a confirmation email that they received your initial app? or is it just silence from verification until secondary invite?
AspiringDoctorTKD
Full Member
Do y'all think it would be a waste of space to talk about my results from a research project I recently finished for the "expand on activities" prompt?
Had exactly the same concern. I decided to only apply regular since i don't want to take 5 years to graduate.IS secondary finally received! LM 76 verified 6/24
Would it raise any eyebrows if I talked about wanting to work with underserved populations in the "expand on your activities" section but didn't apply for PRIME-US? I don't know if I want to do PRIME but I don't want to come off as ingenuine about my goals
premadbaddie
Full Member
I had the exact same thought processHad exactly the same concern. I decided to only apply regular since i don't want to take 5 years to graduate.
Good to know you and @premadbaddie were on a similar page! I also don’t really want to take 5 years to graduate so I think I’ll just apply regular. Thank you!Had exactly the same concern. I decided to only apply regular since i don't want to take 5 years to graduate.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
never received an answerhi! did you ever receive an answer to this... trying to decide which to submit. thank you!
Student2000!
Full Member
For q #1 do you think I can talk about a hobby that has played a large part in my life that I didn't get a chance to mention in my primary or are they looking for you to only expand on stuff you have mentioned prior
D
deleted1087189
how do you answer the 3rd one if you dont identify? does being a woman count? i dont want to leave it blank but i also dont want to play victim when it is not necessary for me to do so
If it makes you feel better, I've heard that a lot of people leave it blank. I think you could write about being a woman, but if would probably be best if you a personal experience you could touch upon.how do you answer the 3rd one if you dont identify? does being a woman count? i dont want to leave it blank but i also dont want to play victim when it is not necessary for me to do so
Student2000!
Full Member
im leaving it blank, personally am an ORM raised in a suburb and although I am a woman, I don't feel as if I have had personal experiences to speak about it meaningfully. But yes as @PatentForamenOvale said, if it has personally shaped you and you can speak on it, then go for it.how do you answer the 3rd one if you dont identify? does being a woman count? i dont want to leave it blank but i also dont want to play victim when it is not necessary for me to do so
D
deleted1087189
oh really? how do you know that?If it makes you feel better, I've heard that a lot of people leave it blank. I think you could write about being a woman, but if would probably be best if you a personal experience you could touch upon.
i just don't want to overexaggerate something or play victim if that makes sense?
A lot of people also asked if they should answer it earlier, but a lot of posters said they left it blank (my advisor also said that if you have doubts that it applies to you, just leave it blank)oh really? how do you know that?
i just don't want to overexaggerate something or play victim if that makes sense?
I totally understand not wanting to play victim, so I think its more about how true you feel your answer is. I wouldn't answer it just to have an answer, I would only answer if you have something genuine to pull from because it will probably come across if you don't. I don't know for sure, but that's my feelings on it.
OOS secondary received just now. Verified early June
+1OOS secondary received just now. Verified early June
pandapremed
Full Member
OOS secondary! LM 66, verified in June!
IS secondary received just now, verified 6/26! i'm so excited, UCSF is my dream school and as a reapplicant i haven't gotten an invite before :')
Same!! Just now. 505 MCAT!OMGGGGG
IS secondary just received!! I have a lower MCAT and I'm so shocked
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am assuming if they are still sending secondaries to those who were verified in late June and July I should not panic yet since mine was verified in august
....right? lol
....right? lolthey are MCAT blind for secondaries FYISame!! Just now. 505 MCAT!
What factors do they screen for when sending secondaries? I received a secondary a while back but my MCAT is around their 10th percentile as per MSAR, plus they're MCAT blind for secondaries so I'm not sure if I should keep my hopes up for an II hahah
nerdthebird
Full Member
I mean they haven't even gotten to july yet (I've been keeping an eye out as a july verification) so you probably have a while to wait...I am assuming if they are still sending secondaries to those who were verified in late June and July I should not panic yet since mine was verified in august....right? lol
Question about this, where did you hear this? I’m trying to find sources that say that, but I can’t find anything official especially in relation to what part of the process they are MCAT blind to. Just trying to find more info!they are MCAT blind for secondaries FYI