You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UC San Francisco
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
IS secondary verified 7/14
D
deleted1124957
Damn it was nice to have a chance before you joined us here😭OOS secondary received at 5:59 pm PT. Forgot I added this school on in early August lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Racking in the Dubs 😎😎😎IS Secondary received! Verified 7/21. Idk why getting this secondary makes me so happy but a win is a win 😎
Doesnt UCSF send secondaries to the same percent of applicants WashU interviews lol this is a win imoIS Secondary received! Verified 7/21. Idk why getting this secondary makes me so happy but a win is a win 😎
Haha regardless of the screening it was just so unexpected to get it on a random Friday evening 🤣 I was just vibing with twisted teas and my Netflix show when I got the notification LOLDoesnt UCSF send secondaries to the same percent of applicants WashU interviews lol this is a win imo
I think they said they start in October so maybe the IIs will roll out in a couple weeks?What toasted butter says, I believe! Any idea when they’ll start with II
primerfish
Full Member
That fits with the last year’s timeline based on Cycle TrackI think they said they start in October so maybe the IIs will roll out in a couple weeks?
I saw from this link.
forums.studentdoctor.net
~*~*~*~ Updated Post II Acceptance Rates 2021 ~*~*~*~
special shoutout to @Teletubby for the help on this!
D
deleted1166622
Anyone with an IA receive a secondary yet?
thanks! just curious how thorough primary to secondary movement isI saw from this link.
![]()
~*~*~*~ Updated Post II Acceptance Rates 2021 ~*~*~*~
special shoutout to @Teletubby for the help on this!forums.studentdoctor.net
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UCSF said Note: Since an invitation to complete a secondary is not automatic, you may not hear from the SOM for 8-12 weeks after they receive your verified application.thanks! just curious how thorough primary to secondary movement is
zalapeanut
New Member
As in Institutional Action? I had a minor alcohol dorm violation from my freshman year and got a 2ndary on 07/26Anyone with an IA receive a secondary yet?
D
deleted1166622
Yup, just confirming that that isn't what is holding me back from getting a secondary /:As in Institutional Action? I had a minor alcohol dorm violation from my freshman year and got a 2ndary on 07/26
Haha just wondering, is anyone else's headshot preview on the secondary portal extremely fuzzy?? My file size is way below 4MB, not sure what is happening.
Mine didn’t even show up cause there was something up with their portal lol
Just want to confirm my math for people who've already received secondaries.
If I was verified mid-August, should I expect a potential secondary by end of September?
If I was verified mid-August, should I expect a potential secondary by end of September?
D
deleted1124957
What math are you trying to use? It takes up to 3-10 weeks to receive it, just forget about it until and unless it happens.Just want to confirm my math for people who've already received secondaries.
If I was verified mid-August, should I expect a potential secondary by end of September?
MSTP secondary received! verified 7/25
secondary received! IS, added ucsf july 28th. last one and so excited to be done!! 🙂
to everyone worrying about getting secondaries. it has been reported that people have been receiving secondaries all the way until december
OOS secondary received. Verified 7/31.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1087189
i was verified 9/6, so does this mean i'll be getting a secondary late as f***secondary received! verified in early June but didn’t add ucsf until early august
AspiringDoctorTKD
Full Member
Rumor has it that it's around 40% of applicants
D
deleted1124957
This This ThisDo you guys know of anyone who hasn't received a secondary (that should have, depending on when they were verified)? I personally don't know anyone who hasn't received a secondary and so the screen seems like a big myth to me
I guess this is more of a late cycle question though
brazzimamma
Full Member
I’ve heard from last cycle that they’re slow to send out secondaries, with one friend getting their secondary after they already had an acceptance to another MDDo you guys know of anyone who hasn't received a secondary (that should have, depending on when they were verified)? I personally don't know anyone who hasn't received a secondary and so the screen seems like a big myth to me
I was verified in early July, I don't think I'm going to get a secondary...
Apparently from sdn a few years ago it was like 7500 primaries-> 2500 secondaries -> 500 IIsYeah, so that seems to imply they do screen somewhat but I somehow doubt its as drastic as 40%. Everyone I know who was verified before or around my time has received a secondary
Everything is allegedly so take it with a grain of nacl
OOS Secondary, primary verified 8/3! LM 81.4
D
deleted1166622
I don't have a secondary, im IS, within their stat levels and seem to fit their mission well. The only thing I have is a very minor IA from many years ago.Do you guys know of anyone who hasn't received a secondary (that should have, depending on when they were verified)? I personally don't know anyone who hasn't received a secondary and so the screen seems like a big myth to me
Does anyone know what percentage of applicants actually receive a secondary? I read some threads saying only around 25% of students got one (~2500 applications) of which 500 received interviews. However, others are saying that a UCSF secondary is very common and a majority of students receive one.
Last year the first invite recorded on cycle track and sdn was sent out on Sept 15th, so could be coming soon!MSAR states that interview invitations were sent out beginning on 9/1/23, kind of surprised no one on SDN has gotten one yet lol
D
deleted1143918
Maybe they have a spidey sense for neuroticism and skipped all of usMSAR states that interview invitations were sent out beginning on 9/1/23, kind of surprised no one on SDN has gotten one yet lol
No way they skip @moonshapedpoollMaybe they have a spidey sense for neuroticism and skipped all of us
sorry guys the UCSF dean has actually already personally shown up to my door with an IINo way they skip @moonshapedpooll
I think MSAR states the first possible date they can be sent out but most schools don't actually send them out on that stated date.MSAR states that interview invitations were sent out beginning on 9/1/23, kind of surprised no one on SDN has gotten one yet lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
habibijones
Full Member
IS secondary received verified 8/5.
A lot of what interests me in medicine relates to underserved communities and patient care. I want to apply for the SJV program but have 0 ties to the area, or well California all together but I am from a medically underserved area else where and am disadvantaged. Does it make any sense to apply for the sjv program considering I’m not from the area? Pretty dumb question and I’m sure ik the answer to it, but just wanted someone else’s thoughts.
Thanks! I just looked on their website and everyone in the program was from the SJV area or at least in California so maybe it’s not worth it. I’m gonna think about it a little more before applying, but maybe MD only might be the play.Your guess is as good as mine, but I'll put in my 2 cents! It would make sense to me that they would have a preference for CA residents who are from the underserved areas in California. That being said, I think if you can tie similariites between your area and medically underserved areas that UCSF students would have a chance to serve, and state that as your reason for wanting to attend UCSF, I can see this as being a compelling answer
I have not received a secondary yet. Verified 7/16Do you guys know of anyone who hasn't received a secondary (that should have, depending on when they were verified)? I personally don't know anyone who hasn't received a secondary and so the screen seems like a big myth to me