2023-2024 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOR JUST GOT AN II

I am crying right now. I can't believe this real. I know it's not an A yet, but this is my dream school. I am in utter disbelief and beyond grateful
so amazing seriously congratulations <3 Could I ask what your stats are?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
so amazing seriously congratulations QUOTE]Sure. I'm a non-trad student, and my LM is only 61.5. However, I have an upwards GPA trend, well over 10k clinical hours, over 1000 volunteer hours, and am first gen/low ses. I believe I have a very solid mission fit!

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to all IIs today. Big Congrats

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone instate received II?

Anyone here not received any IIs so far? 😭 ur not alone

Reactions: 2 users
Hey those of you who got II, how did you schedule your interview?? I can’t find the schedule link on the email they sent and I can’t access the original portal that I submitted my secondary through.

Hey those of you who got II, how did you schedule your interview?? I can’t find the schedule link on the email they sent and I can’t access the original portal that I submitted my secondary through.
Shoot, I believe you have to schedule it through your original portal. That's how I did mine! Do you know why you can't access it?

Shoot, I believe you have to schedule it through your original portal. That's how I did mine! Do you know why you can't access it?
Ok I did end up getting access to it but I didn’t see any interview tab available. I’ll check again maybe it just needed to update? I also emailed admissions seeing if I could schedule via email.

Members don't see this ad :)
IS (WA) II today! I thought I was toast after I missed the demographic information question for two weeks.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if the post-II acceptance stats from a couple yrs ago are at all accurate? Esp w the change for OOR applicants

Does anyone know if the post-II acceptance stats from a couple yrs ago are at all accurate? Esp w the change for OOR applicants
I want to know this, too!

I saw somewhere that the post-II acceptance for OOR applicants was SUPER high a couple years back. Something like 80%+

I want to know this, too!

I saw somewhere that the post-II acceptance for OOR applicants was SUPER high a couple years back. Something like 80%+
Are these the stats you guys are talking about? Acceptance Statistics | UW Medicine

Looks like Post-II As for OOR applicants (MD only) is about 27%. It says these numbers are from the entering class of 2022, but I suspect they would still be accurate now since the total acceptance rate for OOR applicants is only .4% and the admissions video posted earlier in this thread says that most of the cuts for OOR applicants happens earlier in the process (i.e. primary->mission statement->secondary steps).

Last edited:
Are these the stats you guys are talking about? Acceptance Statistics | UW Medicine

Looks like Post-II As for OOR applicants (MD only) is about 27%. It says these numbers are from the entering class of 2022, but I suspect they would still be accurate now since the total acceptance rate for OOR applicants is only .04% and the admissions video posted earlier in this thread says that most of the cuts for OOR applicants happens earlier in the process (i.e. primary->mission statement->secondary steps).
Wow, thank you for this info! Definitely a significant difference from the data I saw from 2021!

Wow, thank you for this info! Definitely a significant difference from the data I saw from 2021!
Ofc! Glad I could help. Wish it were 80% instead haha but nice to know the odds.

Submitted my mission statement 8/28 and still haven’t heard anything. Thoughts? Kinda stressing lol I did have multiple ties so I’m not sure. Maybe still waiting game?

IS II 8:30am This morning! LM: 69 Seattle Cohort. Complete date August 12th

The email says "You will receive a future email with instructions on how to select an interview date. The timing of this email varies, and may take several weeks to arrive" Anyone know generally how long it takes the scheduling email to arrive?

Last edited:
IS II 8:30am This morning! LM: 69

The email says "You will receive a future email with instructions on how to select an interview date. The timing of this email varies, and may take several weeks to arrive" Anyone know generally how long it takes the scheduling email to arrive?
Spokane or Seattle?

IS II 8:30am This morning! LM: 69 Seattle Cohort

If you don't mind, what was your complete date?

OOS/OOR II, completed 8/21.
I'm also OOR and completed 8/21, this is gonna have me checking my email every 2 minutes for the rest of the week 🙃 Congratulations on beating the odds!

Has anyone else been able to see who they are interviewing with for next week? Or know if that info will be shared with us prior to the interview?

Can any reapplicants tell me how their interview experience was? How intense were the questions? About how long did the whole experience take?

My interview is next week and I'm dying of nervousness This is my dream school, so I don't want to blow it!

OOS II received!!!!!!!!! submitted mission statement 8/28. Are interview invites sent only to IS applicants at the same time of secondary?
Can you clarify your question a little? Usually II means interview invite, but since you said that you submitted your mission statement I’m guessing you mean that you received a secondary application? Everyone, whether in WWAMI or out of region, has to complete the secondary before they will be considered for an interview. Sorry if I’m misunderstanding your question!

Can you clarify your question a little? Usually II means interview invite, but since you said that you submitted your mission statement I’m guessing you mean that you received a secondary application? Everyone, whether in WWAMI or out of region, has to complete the secondary before they will be considered for an interview. Sorry if I’m misunderstanding your question!
You answered it perfectly! Thank you!!!

Literally crying at work right now just got an II😭😭😭😭 Spokane cohort! Complete mid august

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
II received just now IS Seattle cohort! Complete 8/17

Who all is interviewing tomorrow (Seattle cohort)?

If you are, will you still be attending the virtual Interview Day experience? I know it's optional, and it seems odd to attend it AFTER you already have had your interview The earliest one offered is tomorrow, AFAIK.

does anyone know if the interviewer offering to stay in touch is regular / positive? reading too much into how it went 😅

does anyone know if the interviewer offering to stay in touch is regular / positive? reading too much into how it went
Sounds positive to me! Mine didn't really say that 🥲

• Care
Chances for a II from University of Washington? OOS URM with a 527 MCAT. 45 years old.

Chances for a II from University of Washington? OOS URM with a 527 MCAT. 45 years old.
By OOS, do you mean OOR? If so, you'll need ties to Washington, a strong mission fit, and a history of working with the underserved. Your MCAT is amazing, but it's an automatic R if you don't have strong ties to Washington. I believe only 0.4% of accepted students are OOR (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

That being said, being non-trad might work in your favor here! UW certainly takes a holistic approach with their admissions. I'm also non-trad and OOR, and I just finished my II today.