2023-2024 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when the excom meetings occur? I know Seattle cohort had an interview day yesterday, and that updates for those of us on the SUC list are supposed to come afterwards.

Edit: checked last years thread and it looks like updates are given on the Wednesday after interview week.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have interviewed, how similar are the questions to the official UW interview page?

Does anyone know when the excom meetings occur? I know Seattle cohort had an interview day yesterday, and that updates for those of us on the SUC list are supposed to come afterwards.

Edit: checked last years thread and it looks like updates are given on the Wednesday after interview week.
helpful info :) anyone who was SUC last time gotten an update email yet?

There were interviews 10/31, 11/1 and 11/2 this week my guess is no news until next week at the earliest.

no response yet or II. submitted on 9/3. has anyone received an IS pre-II R?

IS II!! Complete 8/21.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have interviewed, how similar are the questions to the official UW interview page?
I'm guessing it depends on your interviewers, but I had a few questions which seemed like they were taken directly from the interview page, some questions about details in my application and secondary essays, and one or two questions which were completely out of left field (though still relevant).

Just now received II for Spokane cohort! Complete 9/13

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an OOS/ OOR II!!! Submitted 9/17

Reactions: 5 users
I know this is neurotic, but when should I start panicking if I still don’t have an II

Reactions: 1 user
Is that when they stop sending out invites or when they stop having interviews?

It depends on the site you are applying to. Here is the info from the website. Admissions Interview | UW Medicine
1699558437736.png

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know when we can expect to hear back after an interview? I interviewed 10/31 and was hoping to hear something soon.

Reactions: 1 user
Here I am just wanting an II ... I graduated here and currently work at the school toooooo
(I know it doesn't mean much haha I'm just sad and anxious after week upon week of radio silence)

Reactions: 3 users
Got the call yesterday with an A!!!! I'm beyond happy and don't think I've even processed it

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Chances for a II from University of Washington? OOS URM with a 527 MCAT. 45 years old.
MCAT’s nice but mission fit and the rest of your app is significantly more important. My classmates who got in front OOS had a remarkable amount of volunteer work and were clearly committed to underserved populations. All of them are also non-trads but I wouldn’t take that as a strength since most people coming into the UW or at least a very large portion of them are.

- a very bored MS4

Here I am just wanting an II ... I graduated here and currently work at the school toooooo
(I know it doesn't mean much haha I'm just sad and anxious after week upon week of radio silence)
When were you complete?

I know this is neurotic, but when should I start panicking if I still don’t have an II
Depends if you are from outside of Washington i.e., Wyo, AK, MT, ID. The non-WA states are really slow sending out interview invites due to screeners being slow about getting applicants screened in/out and then Excom member "rescuing" those who have some redeeming factor.

Thank you!! The scholarship is called HPSP so it Is a military based scholarship (comes with a 4 year commitment to serve as a doctor in the military). My goal is to be a psychiatrist in the air force so I am excited about it!
Funding for med school has ZERO effect on admission committee's decision to accept or not. In non-WA states, it may be perceived as a negative, since you likely will NOT return to the respective state to be a doctor ("wasting" the taxpayer $ used to augment your med school cost).

Depends if you are from outside of Washington i.e., Wyo, AK, MT, ID. The non-WA states are really slow sending out interview invites due to screeners being slow about getting applicants screened in/out and then Excom member "rescuing" those who have some redeeming factor.
I’m in-state, so I think I’m just getting cooked

Interviewed 10/31, Got a call on 11/9 for the A! Waiting on the email though...

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I'm dying over here waiting for an update :( To think it could be 3.5 MONTHS before I hear anything is excruciating.

Anyone else that is under consideration post-interview gotten any updates?

Has anyone after 8/21 complete date received an II? Asking for IS (Seattle) only!

Last edited:
For any Idaho residents (or just anyone who might know!), I read on UW's website that Idaho resident interviews are in February—does anyone know when one might be notified that they were going to receive an interview? Also, are any Idaho residents interviewed before February, or only then?

Interviewed 10/31 and haven’t heard anything. Is it safe to assume this means that I’m on the SUC list or got a post-II R?

Interviewed 10/20 and just got the email today that I'm "still being considered" for admission... Glad its not an R but bummed its not an A and now just to keep waiting....

I'm dying over here waiting for an update :( To think it could be 3.5 MONTHS before I hear anything is excruciating.

Anyone else that is under consideration post-interview gotten any updates?
got the still under consideration email abt half an hr ago! :/ and the wait goes on

Reactions: 1 users
JUST GOT THE ACCEPTANCE EMAIL!! IM SOBBING AND ABSOLUTELY LOSING IT. This is my DREAM school! I can't believe it. I can't.

OOR applicant, interviewed 10/5. First gen, low SES, nontrad in my 30s, LM 61.5

• Love
Reactions: 20 users