2023-2024 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
By OOS, do you mean OOR? If so, you'll need ties to Washington, a strong mission fit, and a history of working with the underserved. Your MCAT is amazing, but it's an automatic R if you don't have strong ties to Washington. I believe only 0.4% of accepted students are OOR (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

That being said, being non-trad might work in your favor here! UW certainly takes a holistic approach with their admissions. I'm also non-trad and OOR, and I just finished my II today.
Thanks, I think I have a good chance then.

Members don't see this ad.

Just popping in to say that I received an IS II for the Spokane cohort a few days ago. Complete early August. Super excited!

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks, I think I have a good chance then.
Just a warning that it may be getting a bit late if you're considering applying this cycle. I think timeliness is super important for UW, maybe even more so than most schools because it's a longer process for an OOR applicant. First they have to decide if they want to send you a pre-secondary/mission statement which can take a couple weeks, then review that (up to a month) and decide if they want to send a secondary to you, and then of course the 1-3 month wait after that for them to review your secondary. Applying now would put you into December for a possible II and they only interview into January I think. So if you are applying this cycle make sure you're prioritizing a quick turnaround for your writing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 OOR II
Super happy, love the school and mission.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if the UW sends out As on October 15th? My interview was last week, and I just want to know already 😩

Does anyone know if the UW sends out As on October 15th? My interview was last week, and I just want to know already 😩
On MSAR it says earliest acceptances on Oct 16, 2023! Crossing my fingers for you

On MSAR it says earliest acceptances on Oct 16, 2023! Crossing my fingers for you
I didn't even realize that was listed on MSAR! Thank you so much!

It's interesting that many schools have listed the 16th as their earliest date, but some are sticking with the 15th! Strange, as that's a Sunday. Go figure!

How long after selecting a preferred interview date do they tend to send the interview confirmation email? I selected my preferred date a little over a week ago, and I know it says in the portal that it could take a while for the interview date to be confirmed, but I would appreciate a ballpark estimate of when I will likely hear back

YALL I GOT AN A
WHAAATTT CONGRATS!!! Did they call or email you??? When did you interview???

I didn't think they would start sending out As until the 15th/16th!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WHAAATTT CONGRATS!!! Did they call or email you??? When did you interview???

I didn't think they would start sending out As until the 15th/16th!!
call! i started crying lmao… i interviewed last monday

Reactions: 2 users
YALL I GOT AN A
THAT IS SO EXCITING! I submitted my secondary on August 20th and still haven't heard anything about an interview yet, but crossing my fingers. Can you share when you got an interview relative to submitting your secondary?

THAT IS SO EXCITING! I submitted my secondary on August 20th and still haven't heard anything about an interview yet, but crossing my fingers. Can you share when you got an interview relative to submitting your secondary?
sure! i submitted secondaries mid august and got an interview invite exactly a month later! i scheduled for the first date available which was monday 10/2

IS II Seattle cohort today 10/16. Marked complete 8/20. Interviews week of 10/30. Believe in yourselves. You can do anything.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone else heard back about a decision today?

Just got the "Under Consideration" email :(

Feeling down for sure. Was hoping beyond all hope for an A.

AFAIK, don't people often stay on the Under Consideration list for months on end?

• Care
Just got the "Under Consideration" email :(

Feeling down for sure. Was hoping beyond all hope for an A.

AFAIK, don't people often stay on the Under Consideration list for months on end?
Just got the same email haha — from scanning last year's forum it seems like it may be a bit of purgatory until end of feb and only Rs are handed out to SUCs til then :/

Just got the same email haha — from scanning last year's forum it seems like it may be a bit of purgatory until end of feb and only Rs are handed out to SUCs til then :/
Jeez this is going to be awful :/

Quick q—I received a pretty competitive outside scholarship that would cover full tuition at any medical school. I want to tell the schools that I applied to that I really like about it, but not all schools accept updates, including UW. Should I email the office of admissions email or will it be unhelpful/potentially hurtful since they don't like updates?

Quick q—I received a pretty competitive outside scholarship that would cover full tuition at any medical school. I want to tell the schools that I applied to that I really like about it, but not all schools accept updates, including UW. Should I email the office of admissions email or will it be unhelpful/potentially hurtful since they don't like updates?
I feel you accomplished big one. Worth to send email about this to admin, and then they might give you to advise how to do or update it for your file. Especially, if you are out of state that would be worth it since you approch with your interesting to school.
Can I ask what scholarship is? That is great.

fyi i sent an update e-mail too and they said they won’t consider it/add to ur file but to tell interviewer the update at ur interview!

I feel you accomplished big one. Worth to send email about this to admin, and then they might give you to advise how to do or update it for your file. Especially, if you are out of state that would be worth it since you approch with your interesting to school.
Can I ask what scholarship is? That is great.
Thank you!! The scholarship is called HPSP so it Is a military based scholarship (comes with a 4 year commitment to serve as a doctor in the military). My goal is to be a psychiatrist in the air force so I am excited about it!

Thank you!! The scholarship is called HPSP so it Is a military based scholarship (comes with a 4 year commitment to serve as a doctor in the military). My goal is to be a psychiatrist in the air force so I am excited about it!
So meaningful. Good luck!

Have any of the other Idaho residents heard back anything yet? So far it has been complete radio silence... is that just me?

Have any of the other Idaho residents heard back anything yet? So far it has been complete radio silence... is that just me?
I think they interview all the Idaho residents in the same week (this year it's in mid-February). My friend who interviewed with them last year as an Idaho resident didn't hear anything until shortly before that Idaho interview week. Here's the link with the interview dates.
Admissions Interview | UW Medicine

Hi all! Does anyone for the Spokane cohort know if the January 1/22-1/25 interview week also has regular MD applicants interview that week, or if that January interview week is only for TRUST applicants? Just trying to figure out if the December interview week is the only interview week for Spokane cohort regular MD applicants.

Any Alaska applicants here?

For those of you who have interviewed, how was the interview?
Mine wasn't as conversational as other interviews I've had. I feel like it was somewhat rapid-fire questions from each interviewer. It wasn't crazy tough, but definitely not laid-back (imo).

I could be biased because I was CRAZY nervous, as this is my #1 choice of schools :/

Reactions: 1 users
Mine wasn't as conversational as other interviews I've had. I feel like it was somewhat rapid-fire questions from each interviewer. It wasn't crazy tough, but definitely not laid-back (imo).

I could be biased because I was CRAZY nervous, as this is my #1 choice of schools :/
I also felt like mine was not conversational. It felt like I was being grilled with complex questions.

Got an A!!!! OOR, interviewed 10/19.

Reactions: 7 users