2023-2024 UTMB (Sealy)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently in Peru and have super bad internet connection, so I have to use a hotspot. I tried to start the one-way interview using this hotspot. However, I was still struggling with connectivity issues and I was not able to upload my video and my interview kept cutting off with an error message that stated I lost connectivity. I was able to get into a secure location today, and my interview platform is currently saying I did question 1. However, I was not able to upload it and was not able to complete the first question when I first tried it. I am going to reach out to the support team, but I'm worried I screwed my chances.
You should be fine. I had a similar situation happen while I was at a hotel on vacation. I called and spoke with someone in the admissions team who helped me out 🙂
 
Has anyone received a confirmation email saying that their application is complete? It is marked in my portal as "ready" but I haven't received an email so I am not sure if I am missing something.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received a confirmation email saying that their application is complete? It is marked in my portal as "ready" but I haven't received an email so I am not sure if I am missing something.
I emailed them about this because I also didn't recieve a confirmation email and they said my application was complete. So I think if you submit the SparkHire and secondary you're fine.
 
Has anyone received a confirmation email saying that their application is complete? It is marked in my portal as "ready" but I haven't received an email so I am not sure if I am missing something.
Not all schools send out emails for this.
If your portal shows it as "ready" I think this means a human will read your application now.
 
(Just popping in to say hi and tell y'all I am so excited to be attending this school in just three (!!!) days. If you have questions about the interview/app process feel free to ask. Otherwise, just here to share the excitement 😀 Oh, and ask me AFS questions always.)
We’re excited for you and hope you have an amazing time there!!! Thanks for offering to help 🙂
 
(Just popping in to say hi and tell y'all I am so excited to be attending this school in just three (!!!) days. If you have questions about the interview/app process feel free to ask. Otherwise, just here to share the excitement 😀 Oh, and ask me AFS questions always.)
Hope you have a great time. Advise all those young students who will be adrift amidst all the pressures!
 
Has anyone received a secondary and a fee waiver even if you haven’t applied to any waiver? Is this given to all applicants? Thanks kindly ☺️
 
Has anyone received a secondary and a fee waiver even if you haven’t applied to any waiver? Is this given to all applicants? Thanks kindly ☺️
I was just about to ask this. My application was transmitted yesterday, and I received the secondary submission email today. About 20 minutes later, I received an email saying that my secondary fee had been waived.
 
Has anyone received a secondary and a fee waiver even if you haven’t applied to any waiver? Is this given to all applicants? Thanks kindly ☺️
Sometimes a school will offer it on the basis of the socioeconomic information you entered on your primary application.
Nice to save a few $$
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Omg I just got an II too, but also my letters of rec are not in yet (committee packet that my university hasn't sent out yet). Is this normal?
I believe your application is ready to go even if your LORs are not yet complete.
 
Just got an II as well. LM 64 and complete early June. Lets get our beach attire ready!
IMG_4808.jpeg
 
If I'm unavailable on the interview date(s), do I just have to wait for more dates to open up?
I’m no expert, but if it were me I would give the admissions folks a polite call or email to see what your options are.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I'm unavailable on the interview date(s), do I just have to wait for more dates to open up?
I was unavailable on the date for two other schools (lol) but I just emailed them and they switched it! I would be proactive and ask to reschedule because just not scheduling anything could come across badly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad