You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UTMB (Sealy)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If you did the CASPer, you are ready for an MMI: the only difference is you are responding to a human and there could be some followup questions.Any tips on how to prepare for the MMI? Do the SDN questions on the feedback website reflect the MMI style of interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah I see.If you did the CASPer, you are ready for an MMI
Im going to send a website to my friends that has a list of questions and have them ask me some follow ups!Any tips on how to prepare for the MMI? Do the SDN questions on the feedback website reflect the MMI style of interview?
@wysdoc has her favorites who she wills to get interviews.II earlier today. Complete 6/7, LizzM 71. Got the email a few days after panic-messaging @wysdoc about not getting any invites haha
D
deleted1167053
II yesterday! Are all Interviews virtual? Good luck to everyone else that will be interviewing!!
Ya they’re all virtual. I believe they invite you to campus for a second look sometime later if you’re interested.II yesterday! Are all Interviews virtual? Good luck to everyone else that will be interviewing!!
warlordkitty
Full Member
Does anyone know if UTMB only gives out first round of II on a specific day? Submitted 7/16 (last day to be considered for first round II) & haven't received any updates from them yet.
D
deleted1122679
Where did you get this information about first round of interviews, and the date for consideration? I haven’t heard this before but seems interesting.Does anyone know if UTMB only gives out first round of II on a specific day? Submitted 7/16 (last day to be considered for first round II) & haven't received any updates from them yet.
imtiredofthisgrandpa
Full Member
Last year they sent them out on July 22 and July 23, so fingers crossed for some today!! I am also curious where you heard about the consideration date for interviewsDoes anyone know if UTMB only gives out first round of II on a specific day? Submitted 7/16 (last day to be considered for first round II) & haven't received any updates from them yet.
warlordkitty
Full Member
I submitted the secondary questions a week prior, but had not submitted the asynch videos & they sent me this. Received that email 7/13Where did you get this information about first round of interviews, and the date for consideration? I haven’t heard this before but seems interesting.
"Hello,
Next Thursday, our admissions committee will meet to make the first round of interview invitations. We are very interested in your application, but we are missing your asynchronous video responses via Spark Hire. Please know that in order for your application to be screened for an interview, we must receive the supplemental application, a $70.00 application fee, and your ASVER responses. If you would like to be considered for the first round of invitations, please send your response by Sunday, July 16, at 11:59PM so we can move forward with the processing of your application. Please use this link to access the asynchronous video questions."
does the ”round” of when you get an II historically even matter?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They have already started interview invites - there is no such thing as first round etc and a specific deadline to qualify like a 7/16.
Are there any current UTMB students on here who wouldn’t mind if I pm’d them some questions?
Rip I was complete like the 7/14 and have not received an interview yet… guess it’s still early and they’re probably still sending out first roundI submitted the secondary questions a week prior, but had not submitted the asynch videos & they sent me this. Received that email 7/13
"Hello,
Next Thursday, our admissions committee will meet to make the first round of interview invitations. We are very interested in your application, but we are missing your asynchronous video responses via Spark Hire. Please know that in order for your application to be screened for an interview, we must receive the supplemental application, a $70.00 application fee, and your ASVER responses. If you would like to be considered for the first round of invitations, please send your response by Sunday, July 16, at 11:59PM so we can move forward with the processing of your application. Please use this link to access the asynchronous video questions."
They did issue IIs yesterday which are technically considered the first round but outside of this note, there is no general practice of round1, round 2 etc unless they use those terms internally. It sounds like they are telling you that your application is not complete and there is something about your app that interested them in considering you for a II.I submitted the secondary questions a week prior, but had not submitted the asynch videos & they sent me this. Received that email 7/13
"Hello,
Next Thursday, our admissions committee will meet to make the first round of interview invitations. We are very interested in your application, but we are missing your asynchronous video responses via Spark Hire. Please know that in order for your application to be screened for an interview, we must receive the supplemental application, a $70.00 application fee, and your ASVER responses. If you would like to be considered for the first round of invitations, please send your response by Sunday, July 16, at 11:59PM so we can move forward with the processing of your application. Please use this link to access the asynchronous video questions."
Not sure if anyone else reading this has received a similar note stating their incomplete status. I have not heard of such detailed notes in the past outlining every missing piece of information and asking someone to complete.
Each school opens some dates for interviews and tries to fill all the slots. Once the dates are full, they start working on the next list of candidates for next set of interviews. If they call 100 people for interviews and they could only fill 95 in the given dates because 5 are busy elsewhere, they try to find 5 additional people to fill. So sometimes you will see a random person piping up and saying they got a II and no one else does. When several state they got IIs, it means the next round of slots is getting filled.
Does being in the first round of interviews matter? I wasn't in the first round for one of my dream schools but some people said its not really a big deal.
It does not matter. There will be many chances to interview over the next 6 months and unless you're applying early decision nobody can be offered a spot until October 15th.Does being in the first round of interviews matter? I wasn't in the first round for one of my dream schools but some people said its not really a big deal.
PM me!Are there any current UTMB students on here who wouldn’t mind if I pm’d them some questions?
Currently reading through some ethics in medicine on a slow scribing shift and thought I'd share with yall Ethics in Medicine | UW Department of Bioethics & HumanitiesGood playlist for MMI walkthroughs here for all of us prepping for the interview
The in person ones were scheduled for all day but not sure if zoom ones are different. Unless you have a schedule already, it is possible that you have interviews interspersed with presentations with gaps in between that cover the day.Does anyone know how long the interview day will take? It looks like the interview itself should not take long, but I just want to make sure before I request time off from work.
@chicandtoughness what do you say?
Last year I took the whole day off. There’s student panels and such that are nice to attend. (My mind is a blur because it was a while ago, but I believe there was a student engagement fair with some of the organizations too.) I was in zoom until 4pm or so.Does anyone know how long the interview day will take? It looks like the interview itself should not take long, but I just want to make sure before I request time off from work.
Should n't you be in orientation or something?Last year I took the whole day off. There’s student panels and such that are nice to attend. I was in zoom until 4pm or so.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that's a good idea, @hornzup and @LuckydawgI'm going to request the whole day off from work! Just to be safe
Then you will not feel any time pressure to leave the day's events early
They seem to have separated it this year. Orientation, Q&A etc are the Friday before the scheduled interview for the week. I imagine the actual “interview day” will be about much shorter.Last year I took the whole day off. There’s student panels and such that are nice to attend. (My mind is a blur because it was a while ago, but I believe there was a student engagement fair with some of the organizations too.) I was in zoom until 4pm or so.
Orientation was the first week of July my friend 😛Should n't you be in orientation or something?
Wait are you saying it's a 2-day interview thing this year?!They seem to have separated it this year. Orientation, Q&A etc are the Friday before the scheduled interview for the week. I imagine the actual “interview day” will be about much shorter.
Orientation was the first week of July my friend 😛
Wait are you saying it's a 2-day interview thing this year?!
Yes. There is an orientation day and an interview day.
Where’s the integrity in that 😭 we gave advice earlier in the thread.would anyone be able to PM me with their questions/advice for the SparkHire interview portion? thank you 😀
Link to orient yourself on the site in post #1 of this thread.would anyone be able to PM me with their questions/advice for the SparkHire interview portion? thank you 😀
Everyone should go into it on equal footing, as in: not knowing the questions in advance.
You will be told exactly how many questions & the time you get to think about each answer before recording it.
Dress up!
I don’t remember the questions, but it was not hard.would anyone be able to PM me with their questions/advice for the SparkHire interview portion? thank you 😀
My interview also was cancelled due to technical difficulties. Maybe something was wrong with the AMP interview hosting software.
If you’ve taken CASPER, you’re good to go.would anyone be able to PM me with their questions/advice for the SparkHire interview portion? thank you 😀
what dates were available for yall after the cancellation?
The week of August 22 and the following week.what dates were available for yall after the cancellation?
Same hereThe week of August 22 and the following week.
Wow so they are pushing it back a whole 2 weeks. Wonder if this will affect prematches
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1122679
I’m personally curious if it will result in fewer interviews being sent out or if they will add more days later onWow so they are pushing it back a whole 2 weeks. Wonder if this will affect prematches
Definitely email them, you can probably do another info session/later date or somethingThe week of August 22nd is filled. I scheduled a new date, but I cannot make orientation cause I have class on Friday. Not sure what to do.
Cool. Just emailed them about this and asked if maybe they could give me an earlier interview date.Definitely email them, you can probably do another info session/later date or something
I’m personally curious if it will result in fewer interviews being sent out or if they will add more days later on
They honestly have a TON already