2023-2024 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hate this anticipation, WashU please put me out of my misery

Members don't see this ad.

Fr/ Put me out of my misery old yeller style
I literally made an account just so i can stand in solidarity with you all. I am internally crying and checking my email and phone every 5 minutes. send hope. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the A! Interviewed late January

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Time to have high blood pressure for the rest of the week in anticipation

Reactions: 1 users
Time to have high blood pressure for the rest of the week in anticipation
If you need me I’ll be having a hypertensive crisis in the Barnes ER 😂
Sorry for adding stress! I'm a reapplicant (not to WashU), so I'm very familiar with the feeling. I posted since that kind of information has been useful to me in the past (even if unpleasant), but I do feel bad. Good luck! I'm sure you'll both end up at a great place.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry for adding stress! I'm a reapplicant (not to WashU), so I'm very familiar with the feeling. I posted since that kind of information has been useful to me in the past (even if unpleasant), but I do feel bad. Good luck! I'm sure you'll both end up at a great place.
No no no, I prefer to know :p:rofl:!! Also, congrats Mr. Top 5 medical schoools!!!!!

• Care
Any more calls today? Stress at an all time high as a december interviewee

Oh boy! Is it the Feb round? Does it mean we need to wait for Mar if we don't hear anything this round?

Yup. These are the A "calls" (so far only one posted) for the portal update on 2/12. If you don't get a call before Monday most likely you will not get the A on Monday in your portal and will have to wait until next date which is 3/4 (with calls starting a few days before that, presumably).
Why do you think no calls means no A? Do they generally call everyone before decisions are released on the portal?

Odd that we haven't heard of any more calls yet. Maybe a smaller number of As this time, I guess we will have to wait and see...

I will dance booty bone naked in the streets of NYC for an A from WashU :'(

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Any January interviewers hear yet?

Reactions: 1 user
So anyone think we could get a friday evening sprinkle?

Reactions: 1 user
same

Attachments

• the-office-michael-scott.gif
    the-office-michael-scott.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 79
  • Sad
When is Second Look Weekend? I tried looking online and it looks like in past years it was basically the first weekend in April.

Also, has anyone received a merit scholarship or know when they give those out?

When is Second Look Weekend? I tried looking online and it looks like in past years it was basically the first weekend in April.

Also, has anyone received a merit scholarship or know when they give those out?
I had a meeting with financial aid yesterday and they said their target date for initial merit scholarships is sometime over the next 2-3 weeks, by March 1st. Caveat is that I was admitted in the first batch back in Dec, so this timeline may only apply to that group.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Second Look is April 12-13, but there are also shorter Discovery Days beforehand if you want to come sooner and/or can't make Second Look.

I think merit scholarships can be given anytime, and they don't always come at the same time as the admissions decision. In my tuition letter, they said they're typically awarded by early April and all applicants are considered for them.

I had a meeting with financial aid yesterday and they said their target date for initial merit scholarships is sometime over the next 2-3 weeks, by March 1st. Caveat is that I was admitted in the first batch back in Dec, so this timeline may only apply to that group.

Awesome; thank you both! This is extremely helpful

Getting pushed to next wave if we didn't receive a call last week I assume...?

Getting pushed to next wave if we didn't receive a call last week I assume...?
In some cases, applicants have been accepted through the portal without a phone call. If you don't get a portal update this evening, that's the definitive indication that you were not in this wave (I am in the same boat).

I have heard through the grapevine that March is a big A date and that this wave was mostly MD/PhD despite hearing a good amount of MD-only movement here on SDN. So that is soothing my neuroticism until next month, at least.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
In some cases, applicants have been accepted through the portal without a phone call. If you don't get a portal update this evening, that's the definitive indication that you were not in this wave (I am in the same boat).

I have heard through the grapevine that March is a big A date and that this wave was mostly MD/PhD despite hearing a good amount of MD-only movement here on SDN. So that is soothing my neuroticism until next month, at least.
do u mean the early March or late March date or unknown ? i apologize for my neuroticism 😅