2023-2024 Ponce (St. Louis)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

It’s currently a regional approach. I believe they are changing it to a systems approach but I am not sure if that change is coming with this incoming class or the next! I’ll ask and PM you if I find out!
I’m pretty sure the change has already been implemented.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has the school set-up any incoming student meetings or virtual sessions about the onboarding process yet?
If you're referencing the coffee breaks then yes. We've went over fafsa, orientation dates (including white coat ceremony), New student files plus immunization, and future coffee breaks (the next one is May 8th, labeled "MD program overview: Current Students")
 
If you're referencing the coffee breaks then yes. We've went over fafsa, orientation dates (including white coat ceremony), New student files plus immunization, and future coffee breaks (the next one is May 8th, labeled "MD program overview: Current Students")
When is the orientation date, as well as the first actual day?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know if they reserve a certain number of spots for MSMS graduates? also does anyone know how many MSMS grads got in last year?
 
I mean was that your only school you received an interview from? Because if you have other options you have to consider the deadline for other schools acceptances
No it’s not but it’s one of my top choices. I just wanted to gauge if people have recently withdrew their acceptances here
 
No it’s not but it’s one of my top choices. I just wanted to gauge if people have recently withdrew their acceptances here
Oh okay. Well be prepared they may take awhile, one person got accepted off the waitlist very late. I believe it was late june or early july. Classes start end of the july. Hopefully someone will withdraw their acceptance though there is still a little time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Though I know NDA is still in full effect, anybody has advice for MMI?
100% be yourself and be ready to defend yourself when questioned about why you feel a certain way on a question even when the interviewer doesn’t agree with you. MMI style is designed to see your critical thinking skills and confidence when put on the spot. So, “cookie cutter” answers or super “generic answer” actually work to your disadvantage because they don’t get to see who you are and those answer will be hard to defend unless that’s truly how you feel about the situation! Good luck
 
100% be yourself and be ready to defend yourself when questioned about why you feel a certain way on a question even when the interviewer doesn’t agree with you. MMI style is designed to see your critical thinking skills and confidence when put on the spot. So, “cookie cutter” answers or super “generic answer” actually work to your disadvantage because they don’t get to see who you are and those answer will be hard to defend unless that’s truly how you feel about the situation! Good luck
Got it! So it is kinda like Casper with more interaction - see all perspectives, come up with a conclusion, and debate the interviewer if they question your choice.
 
That's what I'm wondering too since it wasn't that long ago I had my II.
I assume that they are trying to make their final decisions. I’m not sure if they’ll need additional time after meeting on the 8th, but I’m thinking that they’ve concluded with their non-MSMS alum applicants and are just now filling in their dedicated MSMS alum spots.
They changed the way they did interviews this year, leaving all the MSMS alum for the end, and spent more time sifting through the non-MSMS alum. So, based on my limited tidbits of their process this cycle, they have likely already made decisions about the non-MSMS alum, which is why they’ve sent out acceptances and waitlists to others already.
I’m sure it’s possible though for a few new As to be sent out based on who has (or really, hasn’t) confirmed their spot. It seems likely though that they’ve wrapped up the MSMS alum iis and are going to focus on filling those seats.
Again, this is speculation, so take it with a grain of salt. I’m just basing it on the bits of information I’ve been able to gather.
 
I assume that they are trying to make their final decisions. I’m not sure if they’ll need additional time after meeting on the 8th, but I’m thinking that they’ve concluded with their non-MSMS alum applicants and are just now filling in their dedicated MSMS alum spots.
They changed the way they did interviews this year, leaving all the MSMS alum for the end, and spent more time sifting through the non-MSMS alum. So, based on my limited tidbits of their process this cycle, they have likely already made decisions about the non-MSMS alum, which is why they’ve sent out acceptances and waitlists to others already.
I’m sure it’s possible though for a few new As to be sent out based on who has (or really, hasn’t) confirmed their spot. It seems likely though that they’ve wrapped up the MSMS alum iis and are going to focus on filling those seats.
Again, this is speculation, so take it with a grain of salt. I’m just basing it on the bits of information I’ve been able to gather.
I know that they also interviewed non-MSMS students these past two weeks. So, a few spots might still be available for both sets of students.
 
I assume that they are trying to make their final decisions. I’m not sure if they’ll need additional time after meeting on the 8th, but I’m thinking that they’ve concluded with their non-MSMS alum applicants and are just now filling in their dedicated MSMS alum spots.
They changed the way they did interviews this year, leaving all the MSMS alum for the end, and spent more time sifting through the non-MSMS alum. So, based on my limited tidbits of their process this cycle, they have likely already made decisions about the non-MSMS alum, which is why they’ve sent out acceptances and waitlists to others already.
I’m sure it’s possible though for a few new As to be sent out based on who has (or really, hasn’t) confirmed their spot. It seems likely though that they’ve wrapped up the MSMS alum iis and are going to focus on filling those seats.
Again, this is speculation, so take it with a grain of salt. I’m just basing it on the bits of information I’ve been able to gather.
Have people received post-II R’s from Ponce? I unfortunately got some from other schools, so I’m nervous about that harrowing result.

Then again, that would probably be dependent on how many folks got invited for IIs and their internal policy overall.
 
Have people received post-II R’s from Ponce? I unfortunately got some from other schools, so I’m nervous about that harrowing result.

Then again, that would probably be dependent on how many folks got invited for IIs and their internal policy overall.

That’s a good question. I can’t recall seeing any post-II Rs.. hopefully we can have some communication later this week!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have people received post-II R’s from Ponce? I unfortunately got some from other schools, so I’m nervous about that harrowing result.

Then again, that would probably be dependent on how many folks got invited for IIs and their internal policy overall.
I thought u got an accepted from another school