2023-2024 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats everyone! Were these A’s MD or MD/PhD?

Members don't see this ad.

So anyone think we could get a friday evening sprinkle?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
same

Attachments

• the-office-michael-scott.gif
    the-office-michael-scott.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 79
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
When is Second Look Weekend? I tried looking online and it looks like in past years it was basically the first weekend in April.

Also, has anyone received a merit scholarship or know when they give those out?

When is Second Look Weekend? I tried looking online and it looks like in past years it was basically the first weekend in April.

Also, has anyone received a merit scholarship or know when they give those out?
I had a meeting with financial aid yesterday and they said their target date for initial merit scholarships is sometime over the next 2-3 weeks, by March 1st. Caveat is that I was admitted in the first batch back in Dec, so this timeline may only apply to that group.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Second Look is April 12-13, but there are also shorter Discovery Days beforehand if you want to come sooner and/or can't make Second Look.

I think merit scholarships can be given anytime, and they don't always come at the same time as the admissions decision. In my tuition letter, they said they're typically awarded by early April and all applicants are considered for them.

I had a meeting with financial aid yesterday and they said their target date for initial merit scholarships is sometime over the next 2-3 weeks, by March 1st. Caveat is that I was admitted in the first batch back in Dec, so this timeline may only apply to that group.

Awesome; thank you both! This is extremely helpful

Getting pushed to next wave if we didn't receive a call last week I assume...?

Getting pushed to next wave if we didn't receive a call last week I assume...?
In some cases, applicants have been accepted through the portal without a phone call. If you don't get a portal update this evening, that's the definitive indication that you were not in this wave (I am in the same boat).

I have heard through the grapevine that March is a big A date and that this wave was mostly MD/PhD despite hearing a good amount of MD-only movement here on SDN. So that is soothing my neuroticism until next month, at least.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In some cases, applicants have been accepted through the portal without a phone call. If you don't get a portal update this evening, that's the definitive indication that you were not in this wave (I am in the same boat).

I have heard through the grapevine that March is a big A date and that this wave was mostly MD/PhD despite hearing a good amount of MD-only movement here on SDN. So that is soothing my neuroticism until next month, at least.
do u mean the early March or late March date or unknown ? i apologize for my neuroticism 😅

No portal updates, new A’s, or any other activity today??

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
I have to think the majority of the A's have not gone out yet based on the SDN reporting rate. Seems much lower than comparable schools.

Did anyone have a portal update for Rs/WLs? I'm curious whether they're sending post-II Rs/WLs at each decision date, or if they are saving them to be released at the end.

Does anyone know if they send confirmation if you upload an update letter to the portal? Do we have to send it anywhere else,

Just to confirm, you won't be able to attend second look if you aren't accepted by the March waves, right?

Anyone know how we should upload letters of intent? Portal or email to admissions?

Is anyone else who was accepted last week not having Wash U show up in the Choose Your Medical School tool on AMCAS?

I interviewed late Nov and still haven't heard back. Submitted update letter shortly after interview, and I'm wondering if there would be a point in submitting a LOI now?

I interviewed late Nov and still haven't heard back. Submitted update letter shortly after interview, and I'm wondering if there would be a point in submitting a LOI now?
Can't hurt since they accept into April. I am in the same boat as you and sent a LOI and update

Can't hurt since they accept into April. I am in the same boat as you and sent a LOI and update
What do you write in your second LOI/update letter, may I ask? I am not sure what to write now because I already provided all the update in my previous LOI (after interviewed).

I did for the closed-file.
I did as well — she left me a little handwritten sticky note congratulating me on my acceptance in one of the mailed materials and I only saw it just now. It made me smile :)

Edit: I’m figuring she did this either for everyone, or for those she interviewed — but it was nice!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone interview with Dr. Glass (blind)?

My tin foil hat theory is that next round of acceptances will come out this thursday and friday (I know they said March 4th but historically they've come out every other week...trust)

What do you write in your second LOI/update letter, may I ask? I am not sure what to write now because I already provided all the update in my previous LOI (after interviewed).
I got a new job so I mentioned that and I sprinkled in some more interest to top it off (but like jobs, or publications, etc. would be good to mention and then top it off with some interest). Or at least thats what I think is good

Reactions: 1 user
For those accepted, did anyone receive any information on financial aid yet (either need-based or merit-based)? :(