2023-2024 Ponce (St. Louis)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^^^ Good points

Does this also include putting our score for the course and overall class average on the MSP for pre-clinicals? That's the thing I don't like lol
Yes, this is actually the main thing that our class is trying to get thrown out. Having scores reported on the MSP, when we're supposed to be a "P/F school," is dishonest imo. So we're working with the Dean of Student Affairs to get that removed.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who was complete since Sept not received an II yet?

Has anyone who was complete since Sept not received an II yet?
I have not either and I am an MSMS alum. has anyone heard from admissions yet of whether they started interviewing MSMS grads ?.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I went ahead and made an admitted students group me if anyone is interested in joining. Would love to have our current students join as well, you all have been beyond helpful on here. Can’t wait to meet everyone!

You're invited to my new group 'Ponce STL MD ‘28 Admitted Group' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Reactions: 1 users
I had my interview 2/12 no answer yet, does it mean am I rejected?

I spoke to someone from admissions and they did say they tend to interview late in the cycle like May and even June so I’m hoping that I’ll hear from them eventually

I am a MSMS grad and I finished my app last fall, and got a secondary pretty soon after. However I have not heard anything about an interview yet. The previous posts on here seem like they might hopefully start interviewing us partner students soon? I'm hoping it is soon, I would be moving from out of state with my family, have to find a house, and my husband a job!! Stressful :/ If anyone who is a partner student gets an email about an interview please post!

I had my interview 2/12 no answer yet, does it mean am I rejected?
did you ask for a stat us update?? Wendy Kwai is the lady to help. I may have butchered her last name, but she is listed on the website for PHSU and has been very responsive. We exchanged emails probably 15 times in one day about the status of one of my letters of recommendation, which is crazy considering other schools usually take light years to respond to one email.

did you ask for a stat us update?? Wendy Kwai is the lady to help. I may have butchered her last name, but she is listed on the website for PHSU and has been very responsive. We exchanged emails probably 15 times in one day about the status of one of my letters of recommendation, which is crazy considering other schools usually take light years to respond to one email.
Thanks for your advise, I will be sending her an email

Members don't see this ad :)
Let me know what she says because she told me she did not know when phsu will be interviewing msms alumni
I think this person was looking for a status update after the interview!

Hey everyone! I went ahead and made an admitted students group me if anyone is interested in joining. Would love to have our current students join as well, you all have been beyond helpful on here. Can’t wait to meet everyone!

You're invited to my new group 'Ponce STL MD ‘28 Admitted Group' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

@n7575

Some match info: the Class of 2024 at main campus had mainland neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, dermatology, interventional & diagnostic radiology, med-peds, neurology, gen surg, pediatrics, internal med, family med, pm&r, emergency med, pathology, rad onc, obgyn, and anesthesiology placements.

Don't have the complete info yet, will get it out to you when I do!

Reactions: 2 users
Some match info: the Class of 2024 at main campus had mainland neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, dermatology, interventional & diagnostic radiology, med-peds, neurology, gen surg, pediatrics, internal med, family med, pm&r, emergency med, pathology, rad onc, obgyn, and anesthesiology placements.

Don't have the complete info yet, will get it out to you when I do!
Thanks! Because that’s great however it is also important to know how many of those students matched on time and how many students out of the class actually matched. So any other additional data would be awesome

Thanks! Because that’s great however it is also important to know how many of those students matched on time and how many students out of the class actually matched. So any other additional data would be awesome
I don’t know of any school that provides that info. But if you mean on time as in matched on Match day vs SOAP into a program! They may have that but SOAP is directly after match day (Monday) and you know where you’re going by Thursday or Friday?? So idk what you mean by on time?! I know all this because the job I currently work at has a residency program so I saw match day and one of my coworkers who was trying to do ortho didn’t match so she SOAPED into emergency medicine! Whenever a school publishes match stats that 86% match rate includes SOAP so this means that 14% didn’t match anywhere from what I’ve heard!

I don’t know of any school that provides that info. But if you mean on time as in matched on Match day vs SOAP into a program! They may have that but SOAP is directly after match day (Monday) and you know where you’re going by Thursday or Friday?? So idk what you mean by on time?! I know all this because the job I currently work at has a residency program so I saw match day and one of my coworkers who was trying to do ortho didn’t match so she SOAPED into emergency medicine! Whenever a school publishes match stats that 86% match rate includes SOAP so this means that 14% didn’t match anywhere from what I’ve heard!
Okay I see. By on time I mean not having to wait another year to apply for residency

i just joined haha thank you though :) my computer lets me but my phone didnt

Did the school send out any info about the MD Coffee Break dates for accepted students?

It’s been more than a month since the interview is it appropriate to email them for a status update?

Can any current students share experiences they know of being on the waitlist or if a classmate was on it?

It's the secondary portal right? The one that shows 100% complete and such. Is there another portal?
It should look something like this when a decision has been made

Attachments

• Portal View.PNG
    Portal View.PNG
    106.2 KB · Views: 74