2023-2024 Ponce (St. Louis)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
If you look at their faculty, they are chiropractors and podiatrist.
Good catch! Seems like they haven't updated the faculty page. Most of our classes are taught by PHDs and MDs. The chiropractors and podiatrist who teach us get the course material to teach from the MDs back on main campus. Our test averages have been at or higher than main campus' this year, so the quality of teaching has been good!

Reactions: 1 user
If you look at their faculty, they are chiropractors and podiatrist.
Neither of these professors taught us M1s last year, except for the podiatrist taught 1 lecture on foot and ankle anatomy. We have only MDs and PhDs in M2.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello,

Do you guys have a link or a list of people who have contact information for me to email? I'm trying to figure out how to get an update. Also has anyone who interviewed 3/18 gotten a reply back

Hello,

Just found out I was accepted yesterday through choose your medical school tool via AMCAS! Interviewed 3/4/24, OOS, GPA 3.8, MCAT 506, and PREview 7.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
LCME Update: We had our official LCME on-campus visit this week. It went smoothly and got back good feedback. According to our STUCO, the LCME committee was very understanding and looking out for the students here. Main campus has their official LCME review later this month.

Reactions: 5 users
I have a question about CTE here. I’m currently on the WL and ponce’s msar says applicants should choose CTE by 4/30. If I were to be accepted before then, would I have to remove myself from other waitlists after 4/30?

Does anyone know how many students have been accepted so far?

I’m not exactly sure how many students have been accepted so far, but there are 27 people in the admitted student group chat. There is a current student included and a few who have interviewed and waiting to hear back.

I’m not exactly sure how many students have been accepted so far, but there are 27 people in the admitted student group chat. There is a current student included and a few who have interviewed and waiting to hear back.
So there are people who haven’t been accepted yet in it? I wasn’t sure if that was appropriate lol

So there are people who haven’t been accepted yet in it? I wasn’t sure if that was appropriate lol

The vast majority of the group is admitted students but there was one student who said they were still waiting for a response. You are always free to join if you’d like!! :)

• Care
The vast majority of the group is admitted students but there was one student who said they were still waiting for a response. You are always free to join if you’d like!! :)
Are these admitted students the same as those committed to enrollment? I ask because it sounds like no MSMS grads have been interviewed yet.

Are these admitted students the same as those committed to enrollment? I ask because it sounds like no MSMS grads have been interviewed yet.

No one has voiced that they aren’t interested in attending so I’m not completely sure about committed enrollment. We had an admitted student meeting yesterday and there was a pretty decent turnout. I would also consider that many may still be on waitlist for other schools so there’s still a chance of spots being available!

Interviewed 3/11, what is the typical turnaround for hearing back?

Is there anyone who completed their secondary back in September that has not received an II yet?

No one has voiced that they aren’t interested in attending so I’m not completely sure about committed enrollment. We had an admitted student meeting yesterday and there was a pretty decent turnout. I would also consider that many may still be on waitlist for other schools so there’s still a chance of spots being available!
Okay thanks

I have a question about CTE here. I’m currently on the WL and ponce’s msar says applicants should choose CTE by 4/30. If I were to be accepted before then, would I have to remove myself from other waitlists after 4/30?
I'm waitlised at a few schools. No, if you "commit to enroll" it wilI automatically tell other schools that you have been already waitlisted at or accepted too. If you're admitted to PHSU before 4/30 you still don't need to do anything besides select "plan to enroll".

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 02.10.28.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 02.10.28.png
    171.3 KB · Views: 49
Are there any MSMS alum that have had interviews so far? Crazy to think that we are this far into spring and they haven't started interviewing them yet. Or does anybody know why they interview alum students at the last minute? Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far!

Are there any MSMS alum that have had interviews so far? Crazy to think that we are this far into spring and they haven't started interviewing them yet. Or does anybody know why they interview alum students at the last minute? Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far!
Not that I m aware. I always wonder why they wait so late to interview MSMS alum. Usually It was mid april before they started sending an interview invite to alumni

Has Anyone that had a mid March interview heard anything back yet? 3/11 or 3/18?

Does anyone have information about the alternate list here? Curious when the earliest date that someone can be accepted from it is

Does anyone who has interviewed so far have any advice for the MMI style format? This will be my first MMI. Thanks in advance

Does anyone who has interviewed so far have any advice for the MMI style format? This will be my first MMI. Thanks in advance

This was helpful to me! Ask yourself these questions then think of counter arguments and then defend your answers

Can anyone give some guidance on how to prep for the MMI interview? I have never do this format before. Thank you!

I did just get an interview invite this week. I am also an MSMS alum, so hopefully that means they’re starting to send more interview invites out to partner students.
Just curious, did you receive a recent interview invite

Reactions: 2 users
I received an interview invite as well earlier this week for friday. Although i am confused. Are the pre steps ‘ the check in?’ Can we check in a day prior to the interview?

I received an interview invite as well earlier this week for friday. Although i am confused. Are the pre steps ‘ the check in?’ Can we check in a day prior to the interview?
Yes you can, don't wait until last minute