You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 East Virginia (EVMS)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cubsandhawks
Full Member
Traditional. I had a physician and another facultyare the interviews here traditional or mmi?
IS II!! Complete 8/2 and just submitted an update letter on 1/14!
pinkysparkles24
Full Member
OOS II, submitted secondary 7/16
madnessinmedicine
Full Member
me too🙁IS secondary complete mid-August and havent heard a thing since 🙁
pinkysparkles24
Full Member
If anyone saw what I said in response to this please disregard! It was meant for another thread 😊
I had interviewed early December and was hoping for a possible decision release today but thinking maybe not until next week 🙁 has anyone heard back recently?
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the interview here open or closed file?
openSorry if this has been asked before, but is the interview here open or closed file?
D
deleted1208873
Anybody know what percent of OOS applicants get waitlisted after interviewing? Seems like a lot from what I've read/heard but not sure
Hi everyone! This is a shared account from the class officers of the EVMS MD Class of 2028. Good luck to those in the cycle and congrats to those accepted! If you've been accepted to EVMS, please join the Facebook group linked below. It's how you'll connect with your classmates and other cohorts. Importantly, you'll find the GroupMe (primary means of class communication) and the roommate search spreadsheet that includes housing advice from the current M1s!
Facebook Group Link
If the link doesn't work, the Facebook group title is: EVMS MD Class of 2029
If you do not have a Facebook, please privately message this account!
Facebook Group Link
If the link doesn't work, the Facebook group title is: EVMS MD Class of 2029
If you do not have a Facebook, please privately message this account!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Blank-account8
Full Member
+1 OOS II, complete 9/12.
PremiumMed
Full Member
+1 OOS II today, complete 8/8
robot_soup
Full Member
Patiently waiting for EVMS' next decision release 👉👈
same- waiting since Nov 🙂Patiently waiting for EVMS' next decision release 👉👈
congrats!!! where did you submit your update letter?IS II!! Complete 8/2 and just submitted an update letter on 1/14!
Thanks!! I just emailed it to [email protected]
OOS A just now yall! So happy and can't wait to meet my future classmates 🙂 Good luck to everyone waiting!
When did you interview ?
11/15 🙂When did you interview ?
D
deleted1208873
Congrats! How long did it take to hear back?OOS A this morning!!! First MD acceptance and so so so happy! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!!
I had interviewed on 12/11!Congrats! How long did it take to hear back?
Messaged you!Hello ! Are there any current M1's or M2's that would mind answering a couple of questions? thank you!
mdapplicant2025
New Member
Any December interviews still waiting to hear back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
golden2048
New Member
interviewed Dec 13 and still waiting!
robot_soup
Full Member
I also interviewed in december and still waiting
robot_soup
Full Member
when yall got your A was it a call or was it via email? Thanks!
email for me!when yall got your A was it a call or was it via email? Thanks!
underdawg434
Full Member
I have an interview with EVMS tomorrow- does anyone have any more advice on how to prepare? Please PM me! Any help would be greatly appreciated
Interviewing Friday as well and curious on advice for the interview!I have an interview with EVMS tomorrow- does anyone have any more advice on how to prepare? Please PM me! Any help would be greatly appreciated
robot_soup
Full Member
+1 WL decision via email
Hi! I was lucky enough to get an interview invite today which I am really excited about. The email they sent requires me to call to schedule and confirm the interview but I am currently out of the country and my telephone number doesn't work. Do y'all think it'll be unprofessional if I tell a family member to call on my behalf and explain my circumstances? They said they don't accept scheduling via email. Thank you in advance !!
robot_soup
Full Member
hmmm I'd use a service like google voice, or email them to explain your situation before having someone callHi! I was lucky enough to get an interview invite today which I am really excited about. The email they sent requires me to call to schedule and confirm the interview but I am currently out of the country and my telephone number doesn't work. Do y'all think it'll be unprofessional if I tell a family member to call on my behalf and explain my circumstances? They said they don't accept scheduling via email. Thank you in advance !!
do they rank the waitlist?+1 WL decision via email
robot_soup
Full Member
They do but I think they use it differently than other schools do. I think the ranking just is your stats, but am not 100% sure on that. Was just trolling earlier years threads a few weeks ago looking at it
do they rank the waitlist?
D
deleted1208873
Pretty sure waitlist is separated into upper and mid tiers based on stats, but they don't necessarily give out As to everyone in the upper tier first. I believe they pull based on who gives up their seats (e.g. if a white OOS male withdraws, they're going to look for someone similar who could be anywhere on the waitlist).They do but I think they use it differently than other schools do. I think the ranking just is your stats, but am not 100% sure on that. Was just trolling earlier years threads a few weeks ago looking at it
SoftPotatoKing
Full Member
+1 OOS II
complete date?+1 OOS II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SoftPotatoKing
Full Member
7/16/24complete date?
Sorry if this has been asked already, but does EVMS accept pre-II update letters?
Yes, they do. You can email your letter to them.Sorry if this has been asked already, but does EVMS accept pre-II update letters?
medpickles
Full Member
IS II today!
swagmaster12
Full Member
OOS II today