D
deleted1210416
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you receive it yesterday or beforeIS II on Wednesday! Strong IE ties as well 🙂
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did you receive it yesterday or beforeIS II on Wednesday! Strong IE ties as well 🙂
Got it on Wednesday around 5pm!Did you receive it yesterday or before
Congrats! Did you get an "under consideration" email prior to receiving your interview invite?IS II on Wednesday! Strong IE ties as well 🙂
Congrats!!! What was the latest date available for your interview?Got it on Wednesday around 5pm!
Hi would you be able to resend the link? It’s coming up as expired for me![]()
Discord - Group Chat That’s All Fun & Games
Discord is great for playing games and chilling with friends, or even building a worldwide community. Customize your own space to talk, play, and hang out.discord.gg
haider app?IS II on Wednesday! Strong IE ties as well 🙂
I did get an under consideration email! Only available day was one Saturday in march and im not part of the haider program 🙂Congrats! Did you get an "under consideration" email prior to receiving your interview invite?
What are your statsI did get an under consideration email! Only available day was one Saturday in march and im not part of the haider program 🙂
will we have an A wave today guys? manifesting [emoji21][emoji24]
insane that theyve edged u this long bruh holy **** ive seen u on this thread since like sept
I was amongst the first group to get interviewed BROOOOOOOO 😢insane that theyve edged u this long bruh holy **** ive seen u on this thread since like sept
same bro, been edging since septemberI was amongst the first group to get interviewed BROOOOOOOO 😢
UCR is committed to finding physicians that will study, train, and practice in the IE. They give preference to current and former residents and anyone with heavy ties to the area. Additionally, they love people who have worked and served in the IE, demonstrating an understanding of the healthcare realities in the area. They do accept people from out of the region but it's more blurry on what they look for in those applicants. Also, they only interview ~300 people with a high post-interview acceptance rate.Are they still sending any II? Or is it a hopeless case at this stage . I am an IS but not an IE. With an LM 68 from ucla. With lots of activities and some of them in underseved areas and underserved communities overseas.was wondering why they never gave me the chance.
Do they really only interview around 300? I feel like this process is so vague, it’s really hard to understand what the adcoms are looking for in each app. **especially at this school😭**UCR is committed to finding physicians that will study, train, and practice in the IE. They give preference to current and former residents and anyone with heavy ties to the area. Additionally, they love people who have worked and served in the IE, demonstrating an understanding of the healthcare realities in the area. They do accept people from out of the region but it's more blurry on what they look for in those applicants. Also, they only interview ~300 people with a high post-interview acceptance rate.
Chances are slimming but someone got a II last week. Also, there was a wave of active consideration emails last week so maybe another interview day or two?
What time of day do they usually release As?Hopefully we can hear some A’s today lmao. This cycle they’ve been giving A’s Monday or Tuesday once a month. I doubt they have accepted anyone this month, so if they are sticking to their regimen today is game day. Fingers crossed and prayers up 🙏
What time of day do they usually release As?
Maybe next Monday?Hopefully we can hear some A’s today lmao. This cycle they’ve been giving A’s Monday or Tuesday once a month. I doubt they have accepted anyone this month, so if they are sticking to their regimen today is game day. Fingers crossed and prayers up 🙏
I don't think it's a bad idea, just be polite and all that. If you choose to call, please let us know what they say!Would it be weird to call and ask for an update? I feel like this year they’re so unpredictable. They’re not following any of their past interviews/acceptance trends.
I think I’m going to wait till the end of this week and then callI don't think it's a bad idea, just be polite and all that. If you choose to call, please let us know what they say!
What was the most significant difference between cycles that made you so successful?Hey guys! Wow, I haven't logged onto this website for a while. I just helped host UCRSOM's first admitted student day for this cycle earlier today and it reminded me of when I was here as an applicant seeking advice. For context, I am a current MS1 student and am happy to offer advice to any admitted students or current applicants. I was a reapplicant, and after getting 0 A's in my first cycle, I managed to get 6 MD A's in my next as well as a merit scholarship from UCR, so remember to keep your chins up even if the cycle isn't going well right now. I know that waiting to hear back from schools can be a stressful time so I wanted to offer my support and share my thoughts with y'all. IMO, the bad news for current applicants is that there were about 70 or 80 admitted students at the event today, so it seems like there may not be as many slots available as there were at this time in previous years. That could explain why less interviews / A's have trickled in recently. That said, not all admitted students will matriculate so I would still expect to see some more A's and waitlists becoming A's later in the cycle. One thing I noticed is that the average age of admitted students seems to be rising every year as admissions gets more and more competitive. Anyways, good luck to all of you. I have finals next week, so won't be too active until those are over, but feel free to ask me any questions here or via private message and I'll answer when I can.
Lmao just because there were 70-80 there doesn’t mean they all will commit there. I’m guessing some are still waiting to hear from their first choice just like how we are waiting to hear from our first choice (UCR). Which is why they admit ~150 students each year. Everyone has until April 30th to commit to one school. I’m sure (hopefully) at least 20-30 will relinquish their seats and commit somewhere else. But I do think they are done sending II (just based off of last years thread). I feel like there are still more waves of A’s to come regardless of if the students that were there today give up their seats or not, because UCR knows some of them will matriculate elsewhere. And under enrolling is something no med school wants to occur ever, especially here in the IE where they are trying to train as many physicians as possible, due to understaffing. Lets stay positive! And remember to woosah (breathe) 🫁❤️Aww man, there was already 70-80 students there?! 🥲
If we havent heard anything yet post II is it safe to assume WL?Lmao just because there were 70-80 there doesn’t mean they all will commit there. I’m guessing some are still waiting to hear from their first choice just like how we are waiting to hear from our first choice (UCR). Which is why they admit ~150 students each year. Everyone has until April 30th to commit to one school. I’m sure (hopefully) at least 20-30 will relinquish their seats and commit somewhere else. But I do think they are done sending II (just based off of last years thread). I feel like there are still more waves of A’s to come regardless of if the students that were there today give up their seats or not, because UCR knows some of them will matriculate elsewhere. And under enrolling is something no med school wants to occur ever, especially here in the IE where they are trying to train as many physicians as possible, due to understaffing. Lets stay positive! And remember to woosah (breathe) 🫁❤️
IK that was my first thought. I guess many UCR som applications don't use sdn, admit or cycletrack.Dang what i’m more shocked about is how empty this thread has been considering now so many ppl went, there’s still hope ig [emoji25]
lol I’m not part of the ADCOM, but if you were to ask me I’d say no. I think this year they are supposed to be expanding the class size to 100 according to the University of California report. Either way they will still be doing calls once a month till May. Cause look:If we havent heard anything yet post II is it safe to assume WL?
Where did u get the sc from? Also did you meet any prime applicants?lol I’m not part of the ADCOM, but if you were to ask me I’d say no. I think this year they are supposed to be expanding the class size to 100 according to the University of California report. Either way they will still be doing calls once a month till May. Cause look:
Where did u get the sc from? Also did you meet any prime applicants?
No why? Did you?Where did u get the sc from? Also did you meet any prime applicants?
No just a prime applicant confused about the process/status😅No why? Did you?
I pray that's the case this year. However, the last cycle had some haider applicants that were accepted by now.Don’t they save 25 seats for yall and wait till the end of the cycle to tell yall? I think last year they all found out super late
They love you but they don't want you 🙂. It is like "now you see it now you dont". I am not hoping anymoreI just don't get again if it's mostly complete like how it's SO quiet here and everywhere else (admit, cycletrack) and what the under consideration emails are all about then?
How many were Hiaders though?Hey guys! Wow, I haven't logged onto this website for a while. I just helped host UCRSOM's first admitted student day for this cycle earlier today and it reminded me of when I was here as an applicant seeking advice. For context, I am a current MS1 student and am happy to offer advice to any admitted students or current applicants. I was a reapplicant, and after getting 0 A's in my first cycle, I managed to get 6 MD A's in my next as well as a merit scholarship from UCR, so remember to keep your chins up even if the cycle isn't going well right now. I know that waiting to hear back from schools can be a stressful time so I wanted to offer my support and share my thoughts with y'all. IMO, the bad news for current applicants is that there were about 70 or 80 admitted students at the event today, so it seems like there may not be as many slots available as there were at this time in previous years. That could explain why less interviews / A's have trickled in recently. That said, not all admitted students will matriculate so I would still expect to see some more A's and waitlists becoming A's later in the cycle. One thing I noticed is that the average age of admitted students seems to be rising every year as admissions gets more and more competitive. Anyways, good luck to all of you. I have finals next week, so won't be too active until those are over, but feel free to ask me any questions here or via private message and I'll answer when I can.
I improved my MCAT by 5 points, improved my CASPER from 3rd quartile to 4th, had a slightly better GPA and clinical hours, but the biggest thing was definitely writing. My writing was good before, but I made friends with a medical student who looked over my whole app and helped me rewrite it from top to bottom. The theme of the application was the same but the execution was miles better.What was the most significant difference between cycles that made you so successful?
I went to theI pray that's the case this year. However, the last cycle had some haider applicants that were accepted by now.
I was there and there was honestly a good amount, if I had to guess about 12-15 haiders.How many were Hiaders though?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.