2024-2025 UC Riverside

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lmao just because there were 70-80 there doesn’t mean they all will commit there. I’m guessing some are still waiting to hear from their first choice just like how we are waiting to hear from our first choice (UCR). Which is why they admit ~150 students each year. Everyone has until April 30th to commit to one school. I’m sure (hopefully) at least 20-30 will relinquish their seats and commit somewhere else. But I do think they are done sending II (just based off of last years thread). I feel like there are still more waves of A’s to come regardless of if the students that were there today give up their seats or not, because UCR knows some of them will matriculate elsewhere. And under enrolling is something no med school wants to occur ever, especially here in the IE where they are trying to train as many physicians as possible, due to understaffing. Lets stay positive! And remember to woosah (breathe) 🫁❤️
... No one said or implied that all students at the event will commit to UCR. I pointed it out because when I attended last year's first admitted student event, there were only about 30-40 attendees. It stands to reason that UCR likely admitted more students earlier in this cycle. Not sure what part of my statement was confusing to you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
... No one said or implied that all students at the event will commit to UCR. I pointed it out because when I attended last year's first admitted student event, there were only about [emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]-[emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]] attendees. It stands to reason that UCR likely admitted more students earlier in this cycle. Not sure what part of my statement was confusing to you.

i think they might’ve just been making the same point as you by responding to/reassuring OP
 
I received an 'under consideration' email on 2/19. Are they still interviewing? I am not from IE, but I have done a lot of community service working with similar communities located there. Am I cooked, because it is already march lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, just asked for an update and the admissions replied March interview spots are still not filled. Hopefully that is some hope for us waiting
They really wanted to watch us burn in here after giving us a glimmer of hope
 
According to cycle track, 24+ got rejected today? Thats large compared to their previous 2 years. It looks like they did a mass rejection today. Last year 3 of their largest rejection waves don’t even sum to 24. This must’ve been the big kahuna. Whats odd is they usually have always done their mass rejections at the end of March/early April not the beginning of March. Not sure what’s off about this cycle.They must have not been playing games this year about their “intentional mission fit plan”. Or maybe they accepted so many ppl that they didnt even want to consider the excess.
 
According to cycle track, 24+ got rejected today? Thats large compared to their previous 2 years. It looks like they did a mass rejection today. Last year 3 of their largest rejection waves don’t even sum to 24. This must’ve been the big kahuna. Whats odd is they usually have always done their mass rejections at the end of March/early April not the beginning of March. Not sure what’s off about this cycle.They must have not been playing games this year about their “intentional mission fit plan”. Or maybe they accepted so many ppl that they didnt even want to consider the excess.
Thats what I was thinking. This R wave is unprecedented. The chart on cycletrack is crazy.
 
According to cycle track, 24+ got rejected today? Thats large compared to their previous 2 years. It looks like they did a mass rejection today. Last year 3 of their largest rejection waves don’t even sum to 24. This must’ve been the big kahuna. Whats odd is they usually have always done their mass rejections at the end of March/early April not the beginning of March. Not sure what’s off about this cycle.They must have not been playing games this year about their “intentional mission fit plan”. Or maybe they accepted so many ppl that they didnt even want to consider the excess.
what is their “intentional mission fit plan” ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any chance they are still sending out IIs, I never got the under consideration email, but also haven't gotten rejected yet. I wonder in what order they are sending out pre II Rs