2025-2026 Penn State

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On second thought we gotta remember that penn state receives over 12k apps so it will take a while for them to get through all of em.

I’m fairly convinced now that radio silence probably just means they haven’t gotten to us yet

Though I may be high on Copium
 
Last edited:
On second thought we gotta remember that penn state receives over 12k apps so it will take a while for them to get through all of em.

I’m fairly convinced now that radio silence probably just means they haven’t gotten to us yet
that must mean their not reviewing in order cause i submitted early and ppl who submitted in august are already hearing back. its just frustrating cause you put in so much effort to submit everything on time
 
C60B2EB8-E8C8-4D9F-9884-561264DB4449.jpeg

please, penn state… please…. ive been waiting so long I’ve lost track of the days… please spare an interview invite. I’m so thirsty and you are a beautiful Evian water bottle.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone interviewed here who can explain the interview format? I'm seeing mixed things online about it being a traditional interview with two faculty members and MMI. Is it a mix of traditional and MMI? I'm confused that they allot 3 hours for the interviews, but say in the portal that its one 30 minute interview.
 
Has anyone interviewed here who can explain the interview format? I'm seeing mixed things online about it being a traditional interview with two faculty members and MMI. Is it a mix of traditional and MMI? I'm confused that they allot 3 hours for the interviews, but say in the portal that its one 30 minute interview.
its traditional, when you sign up they make you reserve off a three hour time frame and then like the day beforeish you can see on the interview portal the specific 30 mins set aside for your interview. but it is slight mmi-ish not in the sense of like scenario questions so much but the interview isn't conversational it's more like route q's they have written out, same for everyone.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have cleaned up an argument that was going off rails. Applicants will often joke about a school after a rejection in many of the school-specific threads. Penn State is liable to get called out for their scandal, and that likely will never change. It is not a reason to antagonize other users. I also expect someone to comment how bad their football season is this year, and that is to be expected.

Please keep it civil going forward, otherwise warnings and further action will need to be taken.
 
Moderator note:
This is a discussion thread about applying to Penn State medical school.
It was closed to further comments temporarily after an argument went off track.

Go ahead and get back to commenting (and yes, complaining, whatever) about stuff that's relevant to applying to this school.
Personal attacks, rants, and trash talk are not the point
 
For anyone who has interviewed already, would you say its worthwhile to prep for the more common traditional interview questions (like tell me about yourself, why medicine, why this school) or only for MMI type of questions?
 
For anyone who has interviewed already, would you say its worthwhile to prep for the more common traditional interview questions (like tell me about yourself, why medicine, why this school) or only for MMI type of questions?
They asked really odd questions. Very specific to their school, there was one question that I would say was a common one but other than that it was interesting
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@lebronjames124 @yoyomonster thanks so much for answering! Do you have any advice on how to prepare/what to prepare for? Also, by very specific to their school, do you mean we should know/research their school very well (like mission, curriculum, etc)? I know you’re not allowed to give specific questions, but just trying to get a general idea of how to prepare! Thanks so much!