You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Penn State
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
lebronjames124
Full Member
fr they trolling usinsane edging in my inbox: "Hello from Penn State College of Medicine! We are thrilled to offer you the unique opportunity to visit Penn State College of Medicine (PSCOM), Hershey Campus!" ...
prouddecision
Full Member
That’s so bad, come on…insane edging in my inbox: "Hello from Penn State College of Medicine! We are thrilled to offer you the unique opportunity to visit Penn State College of Medicine (PSCOM), Hershey Campus!" ...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
curiousblizzard
Full Member
Me wishing I got edged… didn’t even get that lolinsane edging in my inbox: "Hello from Penn State College of Medicine! We are thrilled to offer you the unique opportunity to visit Penn State College of Medicine (PSCOM), Hershey Campus!" ...
Me either…..Me wishing I got edged… didn’t even get that lol
sameMe either…..
I already interviewed that’s prob why? did y’all?Me wishing I got edged… didn’t even get that lol
i didn't yet and I got it.I already interviewed that’s prob why? did y’all?
studyingallday
Full Member
has anyone who submitted after 9/23 heard anything? R or II, just curious. not sure if this school reviews in order anyway though
I submitted much before and still haven’t heard anything if it helps. I got rejected in April last yearhas anyone who submitted after 9/23 heard anything? R or II, just curious. not sure if this school reviews in order anyway though
crackhousehaven
Full Member
OOS got put on hold today pre-II complete 7/17
Last edited:
That sucks I'm sorry 🙁OOS got put on hold today pre-II complete 7/17
What did the email say? I'm IS and have heard absolutely nothing from them, radio silence
crackhousehaven
Full Member
The Admissions Committee completed a thorough review of your application and has placed it in the "Continue to Review" Hold category.That sucks I'm sorry 🙁
What did the email say? I'm IS and have heard absolutely nothing from them, radio silence
Your application will be reviewed periodically during the remainder of the process until a decision is made whether you will or will not be invited for an interview later in the cycle.
Pre Ii is great. Much better than the R that takes months and months to get
undueclearance11
Full Member
Did anyone send thank you letters after the interview? Did you email it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me either.....Me wishing I got edged… didn’t even get that lol
cheesefries03
Full Member
i did! just send it to their team and they will forward it to your interviewersDid anyone send thank you letters after the interview? Did you email it?
middlecerebellarpeduncle
Full Member
OOS post interview hold just now
Swiftlions
Applicant
IS Post interview hold :/
Content_Power_5151
Full Member
When were your interviews?
sameIS post-interview hold 🙁
20256applicant0
New Member
IS Hold
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
Sounds more like a deferralwhat even is a post-interview hold? Is that a waitlist?
giratina origin forme
Full Member
Call me crazy but there seems to have been a big wave of holds today... I feel like schools usually send out a wave of acceptances right after hold waves. But im also 6 weeks out from my interview and i feel like something is bound to happen soonSounds more like a deferral
This is weird, why not send at the same time?Call me crazy but there seems to have been a big wave of holds today... I feel like schools usually send out a wave of acceptances right after hold waves. But im also 6 weeks out from my interview and i feel like something is bound to happen soon
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tthegreatgatsby
New Member
Congrats future doctor!! Can I ask when you interviewed?IS A!!
Thank you! I interviewed mid septCongrats future doctor!! Can I ask when you interviewed?
yoyomonster
Full Member
Hi friend, can I ask about your LM?Thank you! I interviewed mid sept
my LM is 72!Hi friend, can I ask about your LM?
cheesefries03
Full Member
congrats!1 when did you interview?OOS A, LM 71
cheesefries03
Full Member
Does penn state like post-interview update letters/letters of interest?
lebronjames124
Full Member
congrats future MD!OOS A, LM 71
yoyomonster
Full Member
Congratulations! Would you share you interview date? So happy for you future doc!OOS A, LM 71
D
deleted906592
any re-applicants that got II’s before hear back yet? nervous as I’ve improved my app over the last few years but it’s still silent. they’re my first choice
Cosecant1234
Full Member
Just got put "On Hold"/"Continue to Review" category as an OOS student. Application was complete on 7/22. I have heard that this school interviews a large amount of OOS after the new year, but does anyone have any input on this as to how good/bad my chances are of getting an interview?
rhapsodyinblue
Full Member
hello did they send an email or did you just check the portal?Thank you! I interviewed mid sept
undueclearance11
Full Member
Thanks! Did they reply to your email to let you know that it was forwarded to the interviewers?i did! just send it to their team and they will forward it to your interviewers
rhapsodyinblue
Full Member
was this notified via email or did you just check the portal?IS Hold for me as well. Did they accept anybody? WTF!
premed 2025-26
Full Member
Following
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
I would:insane edging in my inbox: "Hello from Penn State College of Medicine! We are thrilled to offer you the unique opportunity to visit Penn State College of Medicine (PSCOM), Hershey Campus!" ...
cheesefries03
Full Member
yes they just said thank you & that the messages were forwarded!Thanks! Did they reply to your email to let you know that it was forwarded to the interviewers?
yoyomonster
Full Member
I am so glad I am not the only one who had this experience. I left feeling absolutely awful, but I really liked the Dean and student sessions. Have you received a decision yet?My II was also weird. The interviewers were oddly super dry.... Not at all interested in what I was saying, it was very standardized. Wasn't the best experience, but it may be their style
rhapsodyinblue
Full Member
I also had this experience! interviewed late september and have not heard anything.I am so glad I am not the only one who had this experience. I left feeling absolutely awful, but I really liked the Dean and student sessions. Have you received a decision yet?
SAME experience it was kinda bizarre.I am so glad I am not the only one who had this experience. I left feeling absolutely awful, but I really liked the Dean and student sessions. Have you received a decision yet?