2025-2026 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I interviewed in October, will I get invited for the November Q&A session, or the October one? I know they are held on the first or second Friday of every month, but I haven't received information for the one being held this Friday yet.
October one was last week
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS II this morning! complete 8/29. LM 79

i wasn’t originally going to apply here despite liking the school a lot bc people told me they were too OOS unfriendly and it gave me the impression that i didn’t have a chance, but now am so glad i did haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed (faculty) here on Monday Nov 3rd, still havent heard from a student for that portion of the interview. How long should I wait before reaching out?
 
Does anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate for out of state students is?
Not sure, stuff is listed on MSAR but I asusme
U need to have at least strong ties to the region most likely to be considered for acceptance. I visited the campus twice and they really emphasize people located near their mission and having ties to the area
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
don't do it, in the MSAR, it says LOI is accepted for people who did not get an II or secondary yet from the school
MSAR says this "
Letters of Intent and continued interest to the College of Medicine can be sent through out the admissions cycle for the current year in which an applicant is applying."
 
Guys for those wondering, I’m like 90% sure that some decision should come out in December. I interviewed with the dean of admissions on the first week of August and he said my app will be presented to the adcom and scored on September. Then my decision will be out in December. If they already have a decision made in September there’s prob no reason for them to wait 5-6 months.
 
Is sending a letter of interest worth it at this point? I'm probably going to but ugh wish I could stay in the city for med school.
 
happy refresh-your-email-every-5-seconds day!

200.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad