2025-2026 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG YES YES, MY IMPATIENT WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT TO COME! IS A @12 PM, interviewed on early-August! LM76.

I was venting about how schools are edging me during December, but not anymore!

WOOF WOOF WOOF
Animation Dog GIF
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats everyone! Do we think they’re starting to go in order now? Wondering if anyone from early September heard back today
 
I'm thinking of sending my fall grades to this school (pre-II) but ended w a 3.92, should I still send it? Took 2 advanced science courses with lab and got A- in one. Also sent an update letter last week. Not sure how much these would help securing a II this late though.. any thoughts?
 
Last edited:
I'm thinking of sending my fall grades to this school (pre-II) but ended w a 3.92, should I still send it? Took 2 advanced science courses with lab and got A- in one. Also sent an update letter last week. Not sure how much these would help securing a II this late though.. any thoughts?
someone said in this forum that they don't consider update letters until after they've extended an interview. no clue how accurate that is though
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you figure out the best time to send?
I haven't yet, I was considering sending it now but also debating if it's better to wait until February, since it seems like that might be when their As slow down. I'm thinking of going to their virtual chat this friday to ask, but i already went to one a few months ago. Does anyone know if we're allowed to sign up for more than one virtual chat?
 
And for the tour, does anyone know if there’s a place to park? Just wondering if I should drive there or take the train. Thanks!
 
+1 IS A to the MPH program, applied for both MPH & MD. Still waiting to hear back about the MD decision. Interviewed 9/24.

I read my offer letter too quickly and thought I was accepted to both at the same time. Downstate why do this to me 😭
 
+1 IS A to the MPH program, applied for both MPH & MD. Still waiting to hear back about the MD decision. Interviewed 9/24.

I read my offer letter too quickly and thought I was accepted to both at the same time. Downstate why do this to me 😭
Same lmao. +1 IS A to the MPH, applied to both and still waiting to hear back from MD. Interviewed 10/1. I got so scared for a second.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if you can opt out of the mph degree if you applied for MD/MPH? If I did would it kick me out of the MD application too? It doesn’t look like it’s binding, unless I just didn’t read carefully enough
 
Does anyone know if you can opt out of the mph degree if you applied for MD/MPH? If I did would it kick me out of the MD application too? It doesn’t look like it’s binding, unless I just didn’t read carefully enough
you can decline the mph offer if they give you one. I would also do it through email. You are not binded to MD unless downstate has a specific rule
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad