-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PaulAtreides2122
Full Member
Congrats!! When did you get the A and when did you interview??+1 IS A by email
notphysicsguy
Full Member
12:45 PM, interviewed late August.Congrats!! When did you get the A and when did you interview??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kingkong6712
Full Member
OMG YES YES, MY IMPATIENT WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT TO COME! IS A @12 PM, interviewed on early-August! LM76.
I was venting about how schools are edging me during December, but not anymore!
WOOF WOOF WOOF
I was venting about how schools are edging me during December, but not anymore!
WOOF WOOF WOOF
Last edited by a moderator:
D
deleted1221182
Congrats everyone! Do we think they’re starting to go in order now? Wondering if anyone from early September heard back today
catgirlk
Full Member
Congrats!! do u mind sharing your LM?got the A thru email today as well. interviewed in august
Thank you for your answer! I got an interview with them soon so hopefully all goes well!
Interviewed early september, haven't heard anything although my LM isnt't that highCongrats everyone! Do we think they’re starting to go in order now? Wondering if anyone from early September heard back today
PaulAtreides2122
Full Member
I am pretty sure they do high Lizzie M score in the beginning. Just piecing together, data points from previous cycles.Interviewed early september, haven't heard anything although my LM isnt't that high
I'm thinking of sending my fall grades to this school (pre-II) but ended w a 3.92, should I still send it? Took 2 advanced science courses with lab and got A- in one. Also sent an update letter last week. Not sure how much these would help securing a II this late though.. any thoughts?
Last edited:
lebronjames124
Full Member
shooters shoot, let it flyI'm thinking of sending my fall grades to this school (pre-II) but ended w a 3.92, should I still send it? Took 2 advanced science courses with lab and got A- in one. Also sent an update letter last week. Not sure how much these would help securing a II this late though.. any thoughts?
someone said in this forum that they don't consider update letters until after they've extended an interview. no clue how accurate that is thoughI'm thinking of sending my fall grades to this school (pre-II) but ended w a 3.92, should I still send it? Took 2 advanced science courses with lab and got A- in one. Also sent an update letter last week. Not sure how much these would help securing a II this late though.. any thoughts?
undueclearance11
Full Member
For people who interviewed early and haven't heard back yet, when should we start sending update letters? In an info session they advised sending them after the first round of decisions had completed going out, but I'm not sure when that would be
jackfrost59
Full Member
If I am interviewing in feb is this interviewing for a waitlist spot?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
reply1988
New Member
I have the same question. Interviewing in March.If I am interviewing in feb is this interviewing for a waitlist spot?
manifestingmdacceptance
Full Member
+1 OOS R
johnhelldiver501
Full Member
+1 OOS II, somehow. It looks like I'll be interviewing for the WL if I had to guess considering the earliest I could get was late March
lazy_gudetama
Full Member
Did you figure out the best time to send?For people who interviewed early and haven't heard back yet, when should we start sending update letters? In an info session they advised sending them after the first round of decisions had completed going out, but I'm not sure when that would be
undueclearance11
Full Member
I haven't yet, I was considering sending it now but also debating if it's better to wait until February, since it seems like that might be when their As slow down. I'm thinking of going to their virtual chat this friday to ask, but i already went to one a few months ago. Does anyone know if we're allowed to sign up for more than one virtual chat?Did you figure out the best time to send?
parking in that area is pretty bad. i lucked out, but def recommend taking the train insteadAnd for the tour, does anyone know if there’s a place to park? Just wondering if I should drive there or take the train. Thanks!
Rabcoleman7
Full Member
IS pre-II R sent yesterday!
Thanks!parking in that area is pretty bad. i lucked out, but def recommend taking the train instead
+1 IS pre-II R
golgibody787
Full Member
IS II
No available slots until April
No available slots until April
+1 IS A to the MPH program, applied for both MPH & MD. Still waiting to hear back about the MD decision. Interviewed 9/24.
I read my offer letter too quickly and thought I was accepted to both at the same time. Downstate why do this to me 😭
I read my offer letter too quickly and thought I was accepted to both at the same time. Downstate why do this to me 😭
Same lmao. +1 IS A to the MPH, applied to both and still waiting to hear back from MD. Interviewed 10/1. I got so scared for a second.+1 IS A to the MPH program, applied for both MPH & MD. Still waiting to hear back about the MD decision. Interviewed 9/24.
I read my offer letter too quickly and thought I was accepted to both at the same time. Downstate why do this to me 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
johnhelldiver501
Full Member
Does anyone know if you can opt out of the mph degree if you applied for MD/MPH? If I did would it kick me out of the MD application too? It doesn’t look like it’s binding, unless I just didn’t read carefully enough
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
you can decline the mph offer if they give you one. I would also do it through email. You are not binded to MD unless downstate has a specific ruleDoes anyone know if you can opt out of the mph degree if you applied for MD/MPH? If I did would it kick me out of the MD application too? It doesn’t look like it’s binding, unless I just didn’t read carefully enough
Still congrats tho!!! Can I ask when you submitted?IS II
No available slots until April
pschles123
Full Member
+1 IS A
Yrg_Surgeon13
New Member
Is this MD or MPH like the others were saying?+1 IS A
milkywayglass
Full Member
+1 IS A to MPH. Applied both MD and MPH. Have not been rejected from MD, but also no ii so expecting a rejection hahaSame lmao. +1 IS A to the MPH, applied to both and still waiting to hear back from MD. Interviewed 10/1. I got so scared for a second.
flykidfrombk
Full Member
the edging is crazy
pschles123
Full Member
MDIs this MD or MPH like the others were saying?
catgirlk
Full Member
when did you interview?
pschles123
Full Member
8/12/25when did you interview?
lazy_gudetama
Full Member
or early october?Has anyone heard back from the September interviews?
babyrazmeow
New Member
+1 IS A
congrats! When did you interview?+1 IS A
babyrazmeow
New Member
early Novembercongrats! When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
espressoqueen
New Member
anyone who interviewed in August not hear yet?
lucky_monkey_123
Full Member
me, but i didn't send any LOI's. will send one next weekanyone who interviewed in August not hear yet?
I haven’tanyone who interviewed in August not hear yet?
golgibody787
Full Member
Mid JulyStill congrats tho!!! Can I ask when you submitted?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K